Dr. William Ross Dobkin

Rate Dr. William Ross Dobkin

Dr. William Ross Dobkin's Ratings

He left me 24 hour pain for the rest of my life. My children lost their mother. My life is worthless and I dont want to go on another day. He left us hanging for a year saying he didnt know what the problem was when the symptoms were common symptoms of nerve damage. For a neurologist, he should have know that. I had no idea anything could go so wrong. I put too much trust in this doctor. Be warned. I only read good reviews, well there is bad that happened as well.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2536277].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

His rude front desk help is a reflection of his own casual manner!!! I would love to know when all the folks that gave the office a five for punctuality were there....out of my five visits I had two that kept me waiting for hours and hours with no apology or explanation. In fact, one time myself and two other patients were locked out and kept waiting standing in the hall for an hour of a three hour wait. It's too bad...excellent doctor, terrible office.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2485751].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 6, 2014

Dr. Dobkin did two different fusions on my neck. I woke up from surgery pain free due to him. My scars are hardly noticeable at all. He spent great time with me explaining what was wrong with me and what would happen in surgery. I trust my life to Dr. Dobkin! If it were not for him, I don't know where I would be. He would come into my hospital room after 10:00pm to check on me after working all day and doing surgery late into the evening. This man really cares about his patients and wants nothing more then to help them feel better. I have referred him many times and everyone has felt the same way about him. I only wish all Dr. were as good and caring as he is.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 22, 2014

Every day I thank God for Dr. Dobkin. It will be 5 years ago this December that I collapsed from hydrocephalus. I was rushed to Hoag where Dr. Dobkin was on call or in surgery (I don't know, as I was passed out). Lucky for me, he took prompt action to relieve the pressure on my brain and deduce what next needed to be done. A TP shunt later, and I'm as good as new. He's the BEST!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071926].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2013

emergency brain (AVM) surgery--perfect results. I found Dr. Dopkin to be caring and kind Later performed a spinal surgery due to serious pain I had for a year plus. VERY successful. No more back pain 6 months later. Very satisfied. Highest recommendations. Very courteous and helpful staff

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071925].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2013

Dr. Dobkin's saved my son's life, even though he was brought into the ER as a John Doe, he still gave him the best care, as he operated to remove a hematoma on his brain. He and the staff at Hoag Hospital will forever be in my family's thoughts and prayers. Everyone involved showed us the such compassion and kindness. Upon getting to meet Dr. Dobkin his demeanor was comforting and compassionate. Words cannot express how grateful we are that the stars lined up during this tragic event and we were blessed with a Dr. Dobkin. Looking forward to a continued relationship during my son's recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071924].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2012

Dr. Dobkins diagnosed my condition after I had been to 10 other doctors who could not. He literally saved my life, and I will never forget him. His also a wonderful, caring man. I would recommend him to anyone who wants the best care possible. He is a one of a kind doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071923].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 16, 2011

Excellent physician. The perfect one to see for spine issues.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071922].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

My friend drove me to the emergency room at Hoag Hospital in Newport Beach, CA on June 20, 2008 with a ruptured vertebral artery... Dr. William Ross Dobkin, MD and Dr. Michael Brant-Zawadski, MD did their miracle work and saved my life. I owe my life to these two doctors. Thank you Doc!

Mike Webb

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071921].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 2, 2011

Dr. Dobkin was eating his lunch in the hospital cafeteria when we came in to (beg) him for an emergency biopsy for my husband who had recently found a tumor on an xray. Not only did he order it up immediately he also was the one who had to break it to us that my husband had Stage IV melanoma. I remember the look in his eyes when he saw how young we were; knowing the prognosis of how advanced his disease was. He referred us to the best oncologist humanly possible. Unfortunately my husband didnt survive past 61 days from the day we saw Dr. Dobkin but he was kind enough to send me a condolance letter afterwards expressing his sadness and grief. Dr. Dobkin is a hero in my eyes as he fast-tracked my husband thru every PET and CT Scan possible to try and save him. Thank you Dr. Dobkin.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2071920].votes_count ]]