Dr. George J. Kaptain

Grad. Year: 1993

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 24 reviews. Dr. George J. Kaptain has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5190805
18/02/14 5 5 5 5 excellent surgeon. great bedside manner. correct diagnosis,successful surgery.
Respond

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "George" to "George J."
RID: 2919416
18/10/13 5 5 5 5 Dr.Kaptain saved my life, he performed a delicate surgery to stop my hemifacial twitching! I've been suffering from the rare disorder for4 long years. My quality of life stopped and I was slowly wanting to just not live life anymore. He performed surgery on 10/10/13 and 8 days post surgery, I am walking and no more TWITCHING! He has the passion, detail and polish like I've never seen before! He even visited me at hospital after surgery. He is a World Class Passionate Doctor that cares for his patients. It is rare and I'm so happy I found the God that saved my life.
RID: 2442344
09/10/12 5 5 5 5 AMAZING. I had a serious brain surgery to remove a large brain tumor only a few weeks ago under this surgeon. He was professional, compassionate, and a great practitioner/surgeon. He had timely follow ups post surgery (both via phone calls and in office visits). My surgery was as successful as it could be and I have had a very quick/speedy recovery post op. I would recommend him to any friend or family member in need of a serious brain or spinal surgery. The absolute best. So happy with his care. Thank you!  Respond
RID: 2206374
05/06/12 5 5 5 5 The best Doctor I HAVE EVER WORKED WITH. My mother was very difficult to handle because of the situation and he kept his cool through it all.db  Respond
RID: 1804045
26/03/12 5 4 5 5 I met Dr. Kaptain in the hospital due to a cancerous tumor on my brain. He was very kind, I think he is brilliant and understanding. He spent as much time with us as we needed. He fully explained all he was going to do (in terms which we could understand), and the possible good and bad outcomes. The surgery went wonderfully, and I was up and walking 2 days after the surgery. My recovery has been swift and it is all due to Dr. Kaptain. If my children needed surgery, he would be the one I would take them to.
RID: 1770188
20/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kaptain is definitely a doctor with much expertise and skill in the area of neurosurgery. We did not know who Dr. Kaptain was until our 20 year old son suddenly landed in the hospital with a large cystic brain mass in the area of his cerebellum. Upon meeting Dr. Kaptain for the very first time in the hospital, we could tell he was extremely pleasant, intelligent, and very sincere. He sat for some 45 mintues to explain to our family the need for our son's urgent brain surgery, as well as answered any/all questions we had. The next day Dr. Kaptain performed this operation with such extreme care. We were thrilled our son's recovery was a remarkable one, with no deficits at all. Dr. Kaptain absolutely is a doctor who makes a tremendous difference and one I would highly recommend to those in need. More importantly, he is a doctor with a tremendous amount of expertise and skill and for sure his patients are his #1 priority! Definitely the BEST of the BEST! This doctor is a true blessing!
RID: 1743170
14/03/12 5 5 5 5 Dr Kaptain is an angel as far as I'm concerned. I am able to walk again, thanks to him. He is brilliant!!!! Dr Kaptain is number one in my book. I am so grateful to him. He also has a wonderful team and a very pleasant staff. Thank you again, Dr Kaptain!
RID: 1641733
22/11/11 4 4 5 5 My mother was diagnosed with a large brain tumor back in July that was causing significant left sided weakness/mobility issues. Dr. Kaptain was compassionate, had exceptional bedside manner, and was a clear communicator. He was definitely someone who talked to the patient, instead of over their head. He performed an amazing surgery and returned my mother back to her "normal self". We are incredibly grateful to Dr. Kaptain.  Respond
RID: 1554797
06/10/11 5 5 5 5 Dr.Kaptain seems to enjoy his job. He goes above and beyond when explaining what's going on including taking the family to the nearest computer to have a look at your brain and tumors. He doesn't leave until all questions are answered. He performed the surgery with no side effects and even with a shaved head people can barely see the scar. I guess the best recommendation I could make is if someone in my family needed his services, I'd get them to him immediately.
RID: 1499403
29/07/11 5 4 5 5 I had Cauda equina syndrome which basiclally would have left me paralyzed from the waist down and Dr. Kaptain saved my life i can walk again because of him and his team.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1477086
30/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr Kaptain is very professional and caring with excellent patient concern
RID: 1454305
01/06/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kaptain is a very personable, professional, and caring doctor as well as a very talented neurosurgeon.
RID: 1453207
30/05/11 5 5 5 5 Both office staff and Dr. Kaptain were helpful, attentive, and pleasant to deal with. Dr. Kaptain took as much time as I needed to explain my condition, his opinion on treatment, and answer my questions. I never felt rushed. He also made himself available by phone and personally called me back more than once. After surgery, he was as attentive as before. I would highly recommend him and his office.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1446423
21/05/11 5 5 5 5 DR KAPTAIN TAKES THE TIME TO EXPLAIN YOUR PROBLEM, SO THAT YOU CAN COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS GOING TO DO , WHAT THE POSSIBLE OUTCOMES OF THE SURGERY WILL BE, RECOVERY TIME ETC. HE IS WILLING TO LISTEN TO YOUR QUESTIONS.
RID: 1433289
05/05/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kaptain has all of the qualities you would find in a kind and knowledgeable doctor. I developed a tumor in my pituitary gland. Because of that, I lost my vision in my left eye. Dr. Kaptain immediately scheduled an emergency operation to remove the tumor and was very kind to set his vacation day aside and perform the surgery on Saturday. During each visit, he took his time to answer my questions and clarified on everything. Post-operation, I regained my vision and am able to see everything clearly and I no longer have painful headaches. It is all thanks to Kaptain and his wonderful staff. My family and I are very grateful for his service and care. I highly recommend him for anyone who is looking for a doctor who is very personable and provides excellent care.
RID: 1432511
04/05/11 4 5 5 5 Dr Kaptain exhibits all the qualities aforementioned , except when he's in a bad mood .. then he's abrupt , arrogant and snippy  Respond
RID: 1358686
09/02/11 5 5 5 5 Not sure how much I owe - this group is not in my plan - but Dr. Kaptain came highly recommended so I chose to use him! After all I am dealing with my spine. I am very pleased with the outcome. He even came to see me in the hospital on a Saturday!! Didn't know doctors do that anymore!! All in all it was a very pleasant experience - if you can call having surgery pleasant. I feel great and the pain is gone. Dr. Kaptain was easy to talk to, took his time explaining everything to me and answered all of my questions. Using him was a positive experience. I would most definitely recommend him to others.
RID: 1233034
20/08/10 5 5 5 5 The best doctor,he is very helpful,understanding,patient. I would send all my friends to him. His staff is the best.
RID: 1223297
06/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kaptain is by far the best doctor I have had the pleasure of having. He has all the qualities that a doctor is supposed to have, but 99.9% of the doctors today do not and consider their professions just a business and you another paying customer. Dr Kaptain is extremely talented, knowledgeable, and truly caring of his patients well being. He is responsive to all your questions and needs. If only I could find a Dr Kaptain in all my other doctor specialists, I would feel confident that the care I would be receiving would be the very best.
RID: 1220670
02/08/10 5 5 5 5 Besides a fabulous surgeon, he has such a wonderful, caring bedside manner and explained everything to the fullest. I would highly recommend!
RID: 1196703
25/06/10 5 5 5 5 A very good doctor will recomend to every one who needs the best.All doctors should have his caring ways.
RID: 1184359
07/06/10 5 5 5 5 After almost 3 years of various treatment for pain down my right leg (phys.ther./chiropractor/accupuncture/epidurals, etc.) and the pain becoming unbearable, I went to see Dr. Kaptain. He performed a lumbar fusion in the L5/S1 region of my spine. The day after the surgery I had the nurse remove the on-demand IV for pain because I did not have any pain. In 4 days I left the hospital and now 7 months later I have not used anything for pain because there has not been any pain down my leg. I would highly recomend Dr. Kaptain and would not hesitate to call on him again if I needed his services.
RID: 966449
18/08/09 5 4 5 5 I have to say his bedside manner is outstanding. He does his best to make patients & their family members understand what is going on with whatever medical issues they may have or need. He never pressures you into having surgery and makes sure the patient is comfortable with decisions that are made. Keep up the good work Doc!
RID: 609386
04/06/08 5 5 5 5 incredibly intelligent, caring doctor with excellent bedside manner. Genuine care and compassion for his patients.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user