Rate Dr. David L. Weinsweig

Dr. David L. Weinsweig's Ratings

I hope he's found peace. He was not my favorite person and didn't help me at all, but I understand he helped many others.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2536067].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 14, 2014

I had a surgery.past turned out sucessfull for years now it was lamenectomy so now he did my neck n carpal done at the same time but only thing i wished he kept me longer in hospital just one day was to much for me 2things at once painfull Home n to much to go home one more day helpfull but he did a great job . Id go to him again bcz its clean n job .

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2072625].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 12, 2012

I think he is the BEST neurosurgeon in the tri-state area. he is the only neuro that I would allow to do Chiari decompression surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2072624].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2011

Dr Weinsweig could clearly see a problem my husband had with his back that caused severe pain.Because if his age,he said he would not do surgery.We ended up going to another Dr(Brian Payne at Cabell Huntington) that did the surgery.My husbands additional problems of severe arthritis were also discovered during his disc surgery.He is better now no thanks to Dr Weinsweig

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2072623].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 5, 2011

Absolutely AWFUL DR. No help what so ever and left me not even knowing my true diagnosis.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2072622].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2008

Was very upset with Dr. Weinsweig, he did not help me at all, he did not help my daughter at all. He told me she was fine & did not need a shunt placed & 4 days later, she was in another hospital & had the surgery done but it was too late!!!!!!!! He should have done his job & saved my daughter!!!!!!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2072621].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 10, 2008

he was not offended at my question regarding the proceedure, the risk, possible outcomes, and the recovery process. dr.weinsweig helped to put my feelings of nervousness regarding the surgey at ease. great manners and concern for me, as a patient. follow-up visits to cheeck for changesin my condition also are great. Dr Weinsweig removed a tumor and half another tumor from my cellbellum. My mother died from tumors in the brain and brain steem. when i was found to have similar conditions, one could understand my fear. Dr Weinsweig was able to put those fears to rest. He and his surgical team peformed, with the guidence of God, a miricale and saved my life. My graditude goes out to him. Hopefully my condition will never warrent surgical undertakings again, but if they do I wil put my life in his hand again, and my trust in God. I consider his skills the upmost and i would recommend him to anyone needing those services.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2072620].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 4, 2007

Nine years ago i was diagnosed with a brain tumor the size of an orange, I was referred to Dr Weinsweig who, weeks later performed my surgery. I have never met a Dr with such knowledge, skill, and compassion.he and his entire staff went totally beyond the call of duty to make both me and my family feel comfortable,aware of what was going to happen,and aware of the risk involved. I hope I never have to face this again, but if I do, I hope Dr. Weinsweig is around . I would never consider going to another Dr.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2072619].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 6, 2007

Extremely impersonal. Abrupt, I would go so far as to say rude. Very competent at solving the problem, but was not reassuring that anything would go well. Very long wait times for a very brief consultation. Nursing staff is fantastic and compassionate. Bottom line, he delivered great results but has no bedside manner.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2072618].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2006

he was very patient and explained the procedure he was performing on my infant son in a language that i could understand. he was also good about following up after the procedure

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2072617].votes_count ]]