Rate Dr. Leonard Silverstein

Dr. Leonard Silverstein's Ratings

dr. silverstein is the best doctor ever. he's very personable and takes the time to explain things thoroughly

Submitted July 13, 2014 | flag

Likes to prescribe many different meds for one problem. Some doctors, most doctors evaluate your problem and introduce one medication at a time. Not this doc. Loves to throw drugs at your problem.

Submitted May 6, 2014 | flag

I was very disappointed with my appointment with Dr. Silverstein. He practically laughed at me when I told him what was bothering me. Then he told me that my condition was so bad that I would have to get a (more expensive) blood test done instead of the usual skin prick test. I told him I wasn't able to afford the $1,000 for the test. So he wrote me a prescription for prednisone and gave me a pat on the back (I'm not joking). I couldn't believe what happened. I could've gotten prednisone from my family doctor! I wasted money that I honestly couldn't afford to lose. The only good thing was that the other staff members were quite friendly and professional with me.

Submitted Dec. 18, 2013 | flag

Staff and timing were fine. Interactions with Dr Silverstein, while he was very pleasant, was also very dismissive and patronizing. While not telling me it was all in my head, he did wave away any prior diagnosis as me being very reactive and former allergist at major research center as not knowing what they were doing.

Submitted Nov. 12, 2013 | flag

My first time going to visit Dr.silverstein THE BEST DOCTORE I ever been to explains everything clear.from the first step in the door until I left was nothing but a AMAZING EXPERIENCE .the secertairys where amazing as well very kind and help full best I've seen . I will recommend Dr.silver stein to everyone I know very kind and helpful will answer every question and actually takes the time to give his patience tips how to improve not just right a prescription and say take this you'll feel better this doctor was the best I've met .I'm21 years old and I will not change to another doctor I never right reviews but the experience was so great that I made sure I will right a review .M.albaddawi

Submitted Nov. 8, 2013 | flag

My daughter has been a patient since she was 9 months old. Over the past 10 years my daughter has received exceptional care and I have never experienced any sort of problem when dealing with the staff. The Dr. is professional and kind and his staff reflects these traits as well. I absolutely recommend this Dr and his office!!

Submitted Oct. 23, 2013 | flag

Dr. Leonard Silverstein became my doctor at the beginning of his practice, in the late 1980's. I had been under care for severe asthma, hospitalized (including intensive and sub-intensive care) many times before meeting Dr. Silverstein. I had recently moved from Orange County California, and visited him based on a great recommendation from a friend. Dr. Silverstein was amazingly thorough, kind, and communicated well. After my 1st exam, he used the following analogy: "You're like a object on the edge of a precipice, ready to tumble over...but we're going to pull you back and make you much better" And, he did...I have NEVER been hospitalized or even back to Emergency, since being under Dr. Silverstein's care. I enjoy life so much more, and after 20+ years under his care, can state unequivocally, that he has maintained and grown and added to his skills, making him a superb doctor in his field of Asthma and Allergies.I recommend him and his wonderful staff, without reservations.

Submitted Oct. 10, 2013 | flag

Dr. Silverstein is wonderful. He really listened to my symptoms and honed right in on the problem. He really took his time seeing me and ended the appointment with prescriptions that have made me feel so much better. Finally, a friendly, funny COMPETENT physician. I will recommend him to anyone.

Submitted Feb. 23, 2012 | flag

Today was my first visit with Dr. Silverstein and I couldn't have been happier. I waited all of 5 minutes in the waiting room and this was mid-day. I then waited another 5 minutes at most in the examining room. Dr. Silverstein was extremely personable and easy to speak with and understand. He explained in pretty decent detail what he was going to do, why, and what he would be looking for. He was gentle with his examination and took the time to answer all of my questions and I didn't feel rushed at all. I've been to a lot of different doctors over the past year and I haven't found any as personable and easy to deal with as Dr. Silverstein. Although I was found to have no allergies I would use Dr. Silverstein again without a second thought of needed. I will recommend him to everyone I speak to about allergies.

Submitted Sept. 30, 2011 | flag

This is the best doctor I know I never thought we can find such a great doctor for anyone in my family. My daughter who hates doctors will only go to him. My son who has terrible asthma suffered all through life until he went to Dr. Silverstein. Hes very sociable and great with his diagnosis. I would recommend him for anyone.

Submitted June 1, 2010 | flag