Dr. Abraham S. Chen

Grad. Year: 1998

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 10 reviews. Dr. Abraham S. Chen has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 1560390
13/10/11 4 4 3 3 I feel with all the drug advertising in the rooms, he is a scheil and loves to write presciptions. I just had my physical,Didnt listen to heart or lungs, we talked about some patches on my skin, then, I felt he was guilting me into the meds. asked if I had a prostate exam, while yawning. Sorry I bothered you.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1453958

31/05/11 4 3 1 2 I used to believe Dr. Chen was a good doctor the only problem was we always had to wait a long time and i always felt rushed. We noticed our duaghter was getting a flat head on one side and took her to Dr. Chen and he told us that "no one is perfect" and sent us on a wild goose chase to doctors that couldnt help her, so we ended up having to find a place that cold fix this problem on her own. Are duaghter ended up needing a a doc band and in order to get treatment they needed Dr. Chen to sign the papers. The first time he lost the papers and delayed getting her the band, our duaghter then needed a second band which changed my view on Dr. Chen completly. He lied to the coordinator at cranial technologies and said he first lost the paperwork and then went as far as saying the insurance denied coverage becuase it was cosmetic. I called his office and then i called my insurance and the said they never recieved any paperwork and they never denied coverage.My family and i will never go back!
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 1102840
10/02/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Chen is an excellent doctor. He spends the necessary time with you and keeps you very informed. We always walk out with a solution or plan/next steps. His office is great and Donna, his nurse is the best. They get back to us immediately when you call in and follow up on labs are done in record time. We have a large family and Dr. Chen sees us for everything from routine check ups and on-going managed health issues. I would rate Dr. Chen 10 of 10 and wouldn't change providers for the world.
RID: 925125
29/06/09 5 2 5 4 Dr. Chen is nice doctor. He listens. He sees you as a peer. He is not punctual because he listens and talks to you. His staff, super nice and caring. He called me to see me because he felt he needed to see me because he looked at my medication intake and was concerned! I had to leave because of insurance change, but I will return if I can in the future!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 511862
12/02/08 5 4 5 5 My entire family sees Dr. Chen. He always listens to you and explains everything he does. He never makes you feel rushed and will answer any question, most of the time he even gives me printouts. He’s the best doctor I’ve ever had.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 244090
29/03/07 5 5 5 He is the BEST!!! My whole family sees him and I recommend him to all my friends.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 413176
02/02/07 5 5 5 His staff was very helpful and helped me get my lab tests and mammogram done really fast. It was really organized.  Respond
RID: 413175
03/03/06 5 5 5 He took his time to listen and I didn't feel rushed. He was able to fit us in the same day and has always returned our calls personally.  Respond
RID: 23866
27/02/06 5 5 5 Dr. Chen listened to EVERYTHING I said and explained everything I needed to know. He was very honest and didnt talk down to me like a lot of other doctors do. He explained the kind of bloodwork I was having done and WHY. I honestly felt like he cared about what was going on with me. Thats a rare quality these days.
RID: 14216
25/10/05 5 5 5 He listened to me and I didn't feel rushed. I felt his staff was very friendly. It was a very nice office. And I never have to wait long at all.
Paid (or co-pay): $10