Dr. Michael J. Straker

Grad. Year: 1999

Answers Email: N
Online Appt. Scheduling: N
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Michael J. Straker has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4808205

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.8  Respond
RID: 3654654
13/01/14 1 5 4 4 While Dr. Straker's medical knowledge is extensive his staff is sub par. Calls are not returned, directions are vague, calls are left holding & disconnected, and follow up is non-existent. I would only recommend his office if you need someone to track your annual exams.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 3647008
03/01/14 5 4 5 5 When my gynecologist of decades relocated, I found Dr Straker and couldn't be happier with my choice. I've been seeing him for 2-3 years now and he and his staff are professional. knowlegeable & friendly. He never rushes appointment, always takes time to listen and answer any questions.
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Michael" to "Michael J."
RID: 2673900
08/06/13 5 4 5 5 Friendly courteous staff. Dr Straker does not rush you. He's patient, thorough, listens to you and makes you feel at ease.
RID: 2192094
02/06/12 5 5 5 5 During my miscarriage, Dr. Straker was very professional and understanding. I truly appreciate the way he took the time to listen to me.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1629491
09/11/11 5 5 5 5 very Professional...I've been a patient for over 3 years and never had a bad experience. Answers all of your questions and doesn't rush your visit due to other patients waiting unlike my previous doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 1513863
16/08/11 2 5 2 2 Dr, Straker was punctual, felxible, and with a great bedside manner - I really wanted to like him. But his lack of knowledge made me question all he told me. After specifically asking what tests my blood was being sent for, i found it odd that he could only give a vaigue answer. I later learned that his answer had been inaccurate and that an important test was not ordered. The bill was then submitted to my insurance incorrectly. I switched docs after one visit and am very glad I did.
RID: 1403838
01/04/11 5 4 5 5 Dr.Straker is a not only an amazing doctor he is a professional. He is calm and understands your fears and concerns. My c-section as a plus size lady had a little more concern but Dr. Straker insured my post-partum medical needs were taking care including making sure blood in my abdomen did not clot. He was also aware of my PCOS condition.
RID: 1318225
20/12/10 5 5 5 5 I was refer to Dr.Straker through my co-worker after Dr.Meglio discharge all her patients in November. I'm was 36 weeks with no doctor so i took my co-workers advice and made the appointment. When I called the staff was very helpful in trying to get me the first appt. available when i got there for my first visit the staff was very friendly i was seen i a timely matter. Dr.Straker was very nice friendly he made me feel comfortable answered all my questions did'nt rush me and said if i had any questions or concern after office hours please feel free to contact him. I'm so happy i choose him to be my doctor. I wish him nothing but the best. He's a 5 star doctor.
RID: 1288296
07/11/10 5 5 5 5 my first pregnancy i didnt go to dr.straker a friend of mine did and she would always talk about dr.straker, on nov 17,2006i had a stillbirth my obgyn dr. meglio frombloomfield didnt know what to do and was unprofessional.thats when i met dr.straker because he had to help her out.2nd preg i had a miscarriage &#rd preg i went to dr. straker he is the best . i was a high risk pregnancy butanytime i had a concern i had no problem calling him.also to make me feel comfotable he would have me come in and check on my baby.along with dr.terrone they did a awesome job my son is about to be 2yrs old and because of this great dr.iam a mom.dr.straker thank you for making this happen your the best and wish yiu much more sucess .elba,jazzunn,lil jazzir
RID: 1217146
28/07/10 3 5 5 5 Dr. Straker is fantastic. He was there for me every step of the way for my pregnancy. He happened to be on-call when I went into labor and it was so great having him there throughout the night. He answered all my questions and made me feel comfortable. He is a great doctor.
RID: 1193610
21/06/10 4 5 5 5 Dr. Straker is a VERY nice and helpful doctor. He is very knowledgeable and listens to everything you have to say. He gives you great examples where necessary and whenever I go in and whine about all the downs of preganancy, he never gets sick of it or act as though he has heard it all. He is always willing to help me out no matter what concerns or questions I had. I am sorry I can't say anything different from what has been said about the staff, they are sometimes very unprofessional (the uneducated front desk girls, maybe it is just an education issue) and they have no idea what customer service is. However, it hasn't detered me from seeing Dr. Straker. They are not that bad to affect your relationship with the doctor. He spends 95% of the time with you, so you can overcome their crap.
RID: 1137011
26/03/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Straker is a wonderful doctor. Beyond that, he is a terrific person. I am a difficult patient (scared of exams and needles etc.), but he is so patient with me and never tries to rush through an office visit or phone call. I travel almost 2 hours each way to his office and it is worth every minute. He is a competant doctor who takes his time and is willing to listen to your questions and concerns. I had a miscarriage and he supported me through that and answered all my questions regarding it. I recently had a baby and he couldn't have done a better job: he answered my phone calls, never made me feel bad about calling after office hours, was patient and informative during office visits and he did an EXCELLENT job on my C-section. I would highly recommend him. Additionally, the office staff is great and Dr. Groder is awesome!! They're the best!!
RID: 1116366
27/02/10 5 5 5 5 I thought the staff and dr were very professional. The doctor calls with the results of your test in timely manner. Very happy
RID: 735656
03/12/08 1 3 4 5 The doctor and phlebotomists were excellent, but his front desk is horrible. I won't go back there again, only because they were so nasty to me. I let it go the first few times, thinking maybe it was a bad day in the office, but every time I called there was some issue & frankly I just got tired of dealing with their incompetence. If they replaced their front end staff I'd be back in a heartbeat!
RID: 682735
11/09/08 5 5 5 5 I was very happy with this Dr. and his office. I had to find a new Dr. after mine retired, and I tried two that I wasn't happy with before going to Dr. Straker. He is young and very nice.
RID: 568577
17/04/08 4 4 5 5 I was pregnant for the first time and in a new neighborhood. I found Dr. Straker on line and was so happy I ended up in his office and under his care for my first pregnancy. His staff was friendly and his bedside manner was great. I felt so comfortable. He was always willing to take my calls and answer my questions.
Insurance: United Healthcare