Rate Dr. Michael J. Straker

Dr. Michael J. Straker's Ratings

Dr Straker is good for basic pregnancy and obgyn issues. during my pregnancy i was referred to see a high risk specialist because i have hypothyroidism. I hadn't seen my endocrinologist before i realized i was pregnant in several months due to the fact my mother was terminally ill and she passed away. matter fact my appointment to see her was on the day she died. when i became pregnant i tried to make an appointment with her but she wasn't seeing patients bc she had to have open heart surgery. having your tsh levels while pregnant is very important bc of potential miscarriages, mental defects etc.... to the baby. dr starker was taking my blood for tsh but didn't mention it to me nor did he bother to give me the results. it was only after a month of trying to get an appt with my endocrinologist that i called his office and they said "oh by the way we do have a tsh result here so we can give you a script for your medication". i complained and his response was "see another ob"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2481192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

While Dr. Straker's medical knowledge is extensive his staff is sub par. Calls are not returned, directions are vague, calls are left holding & disconnected, and follow up is non-existent. I would only recommend his office if you need someone to track your annual exams.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][824197].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 13, 2014

When my gynecologist of decades relocated, I found Dr Straker and couldn't be happier with my choice. I've been seeing him for 2-3 years now and he and his staff are professional. knowlegeable & friendly. He never rushes appointment, always takes time to listen and answer any questions.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][824196].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 3, 2014

Friendly courteous staff. Dr Straker does not rush you. He's patient, thorough, listens to you and makes you feel at ease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][824195].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

During my miscarriage, Dr. Straker was very professional and understanding. I truly appreciate the way he took the time to listen to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][824194].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2012

very Professional...I've been a patient for over 3 years and never had a bad experience. Answers all of your questions and doesn't rush your visit due to other patients waiting unlike my previous doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][824193].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2011

Dr, Straker was punctual, felxible, and with a great bedside manner - I really wanted to like him. But his lack of knowledge made me question all he told me. After specifically asking what tests my blood was being sent for, i found it odd that he could only give a vaigue answer. I later learned that his answer had been inaccurate and that an important test was not ordered. The bill was then submitted to my insurance incorrectly. I switched docs after one visit and am very glad I did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][824192].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 16, 2011

Dr.Straker is a not only an amazing doctor he is a professional. He is calm and understands your fears and concerns. My c-section as a plus size lady had a little more concern but Dr. Straker insured my post-partum medical needs were taking care including making sure blood in my abdomen did not clot. He was also aware of my PCOS condition.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][824191].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

I was refer to Dr.Straker through my co-worker after Dr.Meglio discharge all her patients in November. I'm was 36 weeks with no doctor so i took my co-workers advice and made the appointment. When I called the staff was very helpful in trying to get me the first appt. available when i got there for my first visit the staff was very friendly i was seen i a timely matter. Dr.Straker was very nice friendly he made me feel comfortable answered all my questions did'nt rush me and said if i had any questions or concern after office hours please feel free to contact him. I'm so happy i choose him to be my doctor. I wish him nothing but the best. He's a 5 star doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][824190].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 20, 2010

my first pregnancy i didnt go to dr.straker a friend of mine did and she would always talk about dr.straker, on nov 17,2006i had a stillbirth my obgyn dr. meglio frombloomfield didnt know what to do and was unprofessional.thats when i met dr.straker because he had to help her out.2nd preg i had a miscarriage &#rd preg i went to dr. straker he is the best . i was a high risk pregnancy butanytime i had a concern i had no problem calling him.also to make me feel comfotable he would have me come in and check on my baby.along with dr.terrone they did a awesome job my son is about to be 2yrs old and because of this great dr.iam a mom.dr.straker thank you for making this happen your the best and wish yiu much more sucess .elba,jazzunn,lil jazzir

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][824189].votes_count ]]