Rate Dr. Frederick Dela Vega

Dr. Frederick Dela Vega's Ratings

Dr. De La Vegas is by far the best doctor. I wish doctor De La Vega would come back to the practice. I am so lost without him and have failed to find another doctor as good as him. He cared so much for his patients and always went the extra mile to make sure that you were taken care of. I doubt I will ever find another doctor who will have the sense of urgency to help the same way Dr. De La Vega did. :(

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2073587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2013

I feel that dr de la vega is the best Neurolgist in town. I'm very saddened by his departure from his practice in San Diego. He is greatly missed!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2073586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2013

Dr. de la Vega spent many hours in the ER with his patients - I was one of the patients - and that is why we sometimes had to wait for him to come back to the office. Dr. delaV took time to explain everything to his patients. He made you feel that you mattered to him. You weren't just another # on a chart. Not knowing how Restless Legs felt, he listened to me and how disturbing it felt. The same with my MS - we discussed my "designer disease" always so that he would be aware of my problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2073585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 28, 2013

Great, sensitive doctor. Took time with me and explained everything well. Went beyond standard office visit to take care of my needs and I was a new patient. His understanding of my issue was confirmed by the surgeon.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2073584].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

4/8 The doctor has been very helpful, thorough and knowledgeable in helping with a diagnosis for me. Especially in being available at all hours even though I do not suffer from a life-threatening illness. He listens and answers questions and explains the procedures he wants me to have. Most of these procedures are out of pocket due to my high-deductible but I know every thing he has ordered is important because we went over all procedures beforehand. The nurses and technicians have commented on what a thorough doctor he is. I would highly recommend him to anyone suffering from any neurological problems.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2073583].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 20, 2010

Always in a rush. Needs to take a time management seminar. Poor communication with patients and with staff. Does not listen.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2073582].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2010

When we arrived at Scripps Emerg my husband was in extreme pain - he was seen right away as possible stroke. It was not a stroke and for 4 days Dr De La Vega continued to look for a diagnosis, also dealing with our Canadian travel insurance Dr, always patient and always giving me up to date information as it became available. He is dedicated and tenacious - we were blessd to have him as our Dr and will always be grateful for the care we received from him. I can't rate his staff as we saw him only in the hospital but the staff and care at Scripps was fabulous.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2073581].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 28, 2009

The staff is poor but Dr. De Le Vega listens. He is a nice doctor and very detailed. It runs late due to taking time with his patients. I would put up with the poor staff to see this doctor. Very good.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2073580].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 3, 2009

intake in this office is bad. office failed to have records transferred from other drs offices. make sure you do this yourself as a patient or have them when you walk in the door as a new patient. dr. was stressed & took 3 calls during the visit & told me to hurry up that he would be late for the next app. is he well trained in the field of neurology- yes. he expected me to report details that the average person wouldn't know and would be found in reports or talking dr to dr. walk in this office with an exact chronology of events with reports or you won't fit into the box. expect a long wait for a follow up visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2073579].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 17, 2009

Dr. de la Vega has been very helpful and knowledgeable. He is always pleasant and takes his work seriously. When we had an emergency, he not only met us at the hospital but had all the tests already ordered to make our visit go faster. The only complaint I would have is his staff, who are not helpful or pleasant. We had an emergency and were told - "he is on vacation" NOT referred to another doctor in the office. When I said I guess I'll take my father to the ER I was told "OK" and that's it. He is TOPS, his staff is not, in my opinion.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2073578].votes_count ]]