Rate Dr. David Bond

Dr. David Bond's Ratings

awsome awsome awsome. I have had many operations and now suffer from renal colic(severe kidney pain).I've had 28 kidney stones and lots of damage from passing them.Dr Bond is the first doc to understand my pain.The first to tell me "its not in my head".I became addicted to my pain meds and went to him for help.He looked at me and said"u became addicted to your meds that does'nt mean you deserve to suffer for the rest of your life." He put me on methadone to come off the meds then I slowly came off of that and brought my tolernce down.Dr Bond closely supervises me and I now take just 2 hydromorphs a day.I do have some breakthrough pain and we've been discussing THC(cannibis)pills for treatment of that.However he does'nt jump the gun on anything,,first were going to see if a small increase of my hydomorph will work as my brain and body are still adjusting.He is a great dr and not a pushover.I've seen a few ppl storm out of his office because they did'nt get the script they wanted.OH WELL

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][824689].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 25, 2009

Methadone Patient Horror Story: There were several instances where I was just puzzled at this mans lack of knowledge and compassion and I will list a few now: 1) I had four wisdom teeth removed, and he was supposed to contact my dentist to ensure I have sufficient pain medication due to being on such a high dose of methadone. I was given INSUFFICIENT pain medication that left me SCREAMING in pain. 2) He refused to sign the forms for the one thing that did get me off Methadone, medical marijuana. The man flat out refused even though he saw my progress over the months, and knew that I was on no pharmaceuticals. The only drug I used during detox was Medicinal Marijuana in edible/smokable/sub-lingual form. 3) His lack of knowledge on different drugs and their addictive properties. He argued Opiates not causing PAWS and Benzodiazepine withdrawal not causing seizures, both COMMON knowledge in addiction treatment. Avoid "Dr." Bond at all costs.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][824688].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2009

I was referred to Dr Bond to help manage my condition, Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. He took a thorough history, listening very carefully to the details I recounted to him of the instigating injury leading to the CRPS. He made excellent notes, confirmed my (then suspected) diagnosis of CRPS and was very kind and honest about what treatments were available for this condition, which is notoriously difficult to treat. At another visit, he confirmed the concerns my GP and I had that the symptoms/locations of the CRPS was spreading and referred me to the hospital's pain clinic, where I was able to get an appointment quite quickly (CRPS is a high priority there). I would recommend Dr Bond for his kind demeanour and ability to listen closely to patient history details. His officse assistant is also very kind and helpful and friendly, which is appreciated.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][824687].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2009

I recently saw Dr. Bond for chronic pain. After three injections he said there was no help for me that I was a mystery patient. However having said that I am still in chronic pain and researching other Doctors and avenues. It is very hard to get an appointment with him as he only works in his clinic two days per week. He refuses to spend his time writing reports as he is too busy with his patients. I don't know what more to say other than he has a wonderful personality and is caring for the most part. I only wished he could take the time to spend on one patient and follow through with the paperwork, I think because of our Medical System it prevents him and other doctors to do so.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][824686].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 12, 2008

I am a young woman in chronic pain since the age of 14, and admitting I needed more help was difficult - Dr. Bond was very kind and willing to hear me out and even let me cry. He was extremely knowledgeable and non-judgmental and reassured me continually that he knew I was feeling the things I described (chronic pain is an invisible disease: people with it are often judged unfairly). My only complaint is his speed: he rushes through appointments, talks very fast, and sometimes it's a little disconcerting - especially at first before you get to know him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][824685].votes_count ]]