Rate Dr. Mark A. Hartzband

Dr. Mark A. Hartzband's Ratings

A miracle worker. 23 hours after a total right hip replacement by Dr Hartzband, I was climbing stairs to show the PT supervisor that I could go home the next day. When I walked in to PT without even a cane 2 weeks after surgery, the receptionist told me I must have had the date of the surgery wrong because I shouldn't be able to walk without a walker or a cane. I offered to go home and get a cane so she would be more comfortable. We laughed and she took Dr Hartzband's business card and put it in her purse saying "If I ever get my hip done, Hartzband will be the surgeon I choose." I now work out at the gym 2X week. Today I spent 6 hours cutting up a massive oak tree downed by Irene. I have no pain in the new hip!!! I was only out of work for three weeks. I had been afraid of the surgery and put it off for too long. My fear was much much worse than the surgery. [email protected]

Submitted Aug. 31, 2011 | flag

If knee replacement is what you need, Dr. Hartzband is the way to go. Very knowledgeable, confident, and competent. However, after surgery he does not care/treat his patients well (not at all sensitive as a human being). His staff's attitude also changed - very impolite and rude. This may be because he performs too many surgeries and is good that he does not care to be polite to his patients post ops. Do NOT go with is recommendation for outpatient PT to a place called "SportsCare of America" They are NOT the best, and must have some arrangement with Dr. H's outfit to earn his endorsement.

Submitted May 20, 2011 | flag

Excellent, very competent & professional, effecient doctor. He staff is equally of very high caliber.

Submitted March 17, 2011 | flag

I suppose Dr. Hartzband is fine, as long as you have a standard joint replacement and not something tricky and don't mine that he is over-confident, bordering on arrogant with a terrible bedside manner. I saw the PA more than I actually saw him. He did my hip replacement 6 years ago and left me with back issues. I don't recommend him to anyone. Another "Top Doc" who didn't live up to the title.

Submitted Dec. 27, 2009 | flag

I had my initial consultation with Dr. Hartzband in Feb. 2009. I was immediately impressed with his knowledge and confidence in his work. He took all the time I needed to explain the whole process in easy to understand terms. Had total replacement of left hip on 3/6/09 after suffering with joint pain for over 5 years due to arthritis. Surgery was done in AM (approx. 45 min.), spent overnight in hospital, saw Dr. H the next day and was released that afternoon. Pain after surgery was minor, due only to incision and muscle weakness, but all joint pain was completely gone. After 2 weeks I was walking with a cane and driving. I have consulted with other surgeons before seeing Dr. Hartzband and chose him by a wide margin over the others. Very efficient office staff and comfortable process throughout.

Submitted April 21, 2009 | flag

Dr Hartzband performed my hip revision in May 08 Feel great all this garbage about his attidude and bedside manors is all false guy is great to deal with and would recommend him to everybody he really cares about his patients.Thanks again Doc

Submitted June 27, 2008 | flag

I had double knee surgery in 2002 and although I was hesitant to do this Dr. H. convinced me and it was the very best recommenation. His follow-up was very good and caring. I progressed exactly as he said I would and I was able to go on a vacation across the country by myself after 3 months. The surgery was extremely successful and I feel like a new person. He has given me back my life and I am very grateful to this excellent physician. Also, his assistants are very knowlegable and caring.. I recommend him highly to anyone who needs knee replacement surgery.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2008 | flag

Incredible doctor. Performed two knee replcements with incredible results. Dr. Hartzband and his staff are the very best I have ever encountered. Even the doctors he sends you to for your pre-op work are superior. They listen and act in your very best interest. Dr. Hartzband gave me back a pain free life I had not known for many years. I cannot recommend this fine doctor enough. Everyone should have the care and results I received from Dr. Hartzband and his staff. Dr. Hartzband took me from a couch potato in pain with an electric cart to a pain free person who can go on vacation, work out four times a week and generally enjoy life and an active lifestyle with her grandchildren. I thank God for this talented wonderful doctor every day. Everyone should have the same care and great results I had with Dr. Hartzband.

Submitted Jan. 18, 2008 | flag

Had total hip replacement (left) 9-24-07. Stayed in hospital overnight went home the following day. I am very happy with the procedure. I am using crutches and/or walker to move around my house. Expect to be using just a cane within the next few days.

Submitted Sept. 27, 2007 | flag

dr. hartzband was wonderful. he is a busy man and after surgery i saw his assistant. went home day after surgery. it was the best thing i ever did and i'm sorry i waited so long due to fear. dr. hartzband made me feel vey comfortable and i must say i would prefer to have an excellent doctor and see less of him than a doctor that is there more often and not good. i would reccomend him to anyone and everyone who has joint pain. i had my surgery in may 2005 after waiting a year for an appointment.

Submitted July 31, 2007 | flag