Dr. George V. Digiacinto

Dr. George V. Digiacinto

Rate Dr. George V. Digiacinto

Dr. George V. Digiacinto's Ratings

Caring, patient, calm and very clear on his explanations just not the type of doctor you find every day. Surgery accomplished what was needed and he was there to support and make clear the recovery process. Thank you Doctor!

Submitted June 9, 2014 | flag

I am not a patient who needs a surgery to survive. For me, it is a quality of life issue. I have been in constant chronic pain for many years due to cervical spine issues which have completely derailed the life I once had. Because of this, I have, over the years, sought counsel with at least five other surgeons, but NOT ONE of them ever gave me the time and/or information that put me in a position to make an informed decision about having surgery. Dr. DiGiacinto is a warm man with a calm demeanor; he is easy to talk to and most importantly, easy to understand. He has been around for many years which is another big PLUS--he has tons of experience to draw from in answering questions. If I decide to go with the surgery, he is the surgeon for me-- no doubt about it.

Submitted March 3, 2014 | flag

Office staff is unhelpful and nasty. Can never get to speak with doctor unless an appointment is made. Don't return phone calls. Can't get records from x-ray department in hospital but, prior to visit I obtained in about 30 minutes. Even outside local radiology group told me the office was nasty and I needed to follow up to get records because they would not deal with staff.

Submitted Sept. 18, 2013 | flag

Dr geincinto takes his time in all his examinations talks polite all the time to find out the underline issues to fix and repair like new amazing human being.

Submitted April 2, 2013 | flag

He is truly an amazing person and doctor. He spent about 15 minutes talking with me before looking at my mri and since I never used the word "pain" and my sciatic leg numbness was not preventing me from doing anything(I could play tennis, jog, etc) he said he wouldn't recommend surgery. My only problem was I could barely walk due to the tingling numb leg. Then he looked at my films and said "cancel that you need surgery" I used another surgeon simply because it was August and he was going to be away and I wanted to have the surgery immediately in the hopes of being able to travel with my husband. I did have a laminectomy l4-5 and fusion and it was a breeze, I am doing really well and was able to go to Paris a month later. I will always feel badly about not having Dr. Digiacinto do my surgery. We emailed and he answered every question personally. It is unfortunate that there are so few doctors like this one, he is a gem!!!!

Submitted Nov. 7, 2010 | flag

Dr D is the BOMB! I have been seeing him now for 6.5 years...very bad back, sciatica, pain, aches...laminectomy L5S1 22 years ago...He was recommended by a friend because of all the "top docs" in NYC doing multi level fusions, Dr D was the most "conservative" & "conscientious" he knew of...indeed, as he refuses to operate on me and it "is not an option" for now, even though I have 3 badly degenerated discs....moderate excercise, PT, accupuncture, managing weight, a few cortisone shots along the way, and I am working full time with few days missed over the years, enjoying my life for the most part...He is an excellent listener, very knowledgeable doc, and arguably one the of the best neurosurgeons in NYC, and rated so every year as per Castle Connolly...run to see him, do NOT walk! I have spent the last 24 years with back problems and have seen everything out there...I travel 50 miles, over state lines to see Dr D every 12 weeks...

Submitted Aug. 22, 2010 | flag

Love this man. He will make you feel as though you are his most important patient and will converse with you with the utmost patience. My comfort level with Dr. Digiacinto was probably the highest of any other doctor I've ever seen.

Submitted Aug. 3, 2010 | flag

Dr. G removed a tumor form my sons spine. surgery was very successful and aftercare was excellent. Would not hesitate to recommend to friends and family

Submitted July 9, 2009 | flag