Rate Dr. Patricia D. Salvato

Dr. Patricia D. Salvato's Ratings

I've been going to Dr. Salvato for more than 10 years and with my complicated problems, I'll never go to another doc for primary care. She's different, I think she's pretty intuitive, and listens. She thinks outside the box. And gets to the problem. Her staff can be pretty bad, you have to double check each prescription and lab order sheet to be sure it's done correctly, and trust me, it frequently isn't. I see a lot of bad comments about the staff. Apparently they paid attention to the complaints, and I know they got a lot of them directly from patients, too. A lot of the rude, incompetent people are gone, and the front office people are much, much better than they used to be. And at least one really rude, bossy, controlling back-office person who you had to talk to to get prescriptions filled is gone, and that's a huge improvement. They aren't as professional as other doctors' staffs that I've seen, but they have improved quite a bit in the last year or two. I wouldn't avoid this doctor because of the staff. **If suspect you have Lyme, this is where you need to go.**

Submitted July 10, 2014 | flag

I've been a patient of Dr. Salvato's for several years now and I am very pleased with her and with my treatment plan. She is very knowledgeable about the conditions she treats. When I was looking for a doctor to treat my fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue syndrome, she was the only doctor in the area. I do drive about an hour each way to see her but that is a small price to pay for such a good doctor!

Submitted June 27, 2014 | flag

Fantastic friendly staff and doctor. The front office staff is very friendly, they are very busy, but acknowledge everyone that comes in and keeps the office running smoothly. I can't say enough to compliment Dr. Salvato. I've seen several neurologist and doctors before her and my health was declining at a fast rate. She ran several different test the other doctors didn't, one very important MTHFR DNA , 2 identical mutation found my body can't absorb b vitamins. Before her I already had peripheral neuropathy and neuropathy in arms and hands, all now reversible with correct b vitamin injections. All the other specialist told me the neuropathy was permanent and progressive. :)

Submitted March 4, 2014 | flag

I have been a patient of Dr. Salvato for years...she is ALWAYS cheerful, concerned, caring, kind, polite, VERY knowledgeable, thorough in her evaluation, well, I could go on and on! It's refreshing to find a doctor, these days, who REALLY cares and treats the patient with respect and courtesy! The only concern I have is with the staff. Or the majority of the staff, who are disrespectful, uncaring, rude, well, frankly they do Dr. Salvato a disservice! Being such a fantastic/outstanding Doctor, her staff should do a better a job! I thank God for Dr. Salvato as well as her nurse practitioner, Carol. God Bless them both and I pray they don't retire for years to come!!! Thank you for this opportunity, I hold Dr. Salvato in the highest of esteem!

Submitted Sept. 16, 2013 | flag

I have seen Dr Salvato for a number of years. After no luck with other doctors, she diagnosed me with chronic Epstein Barr virus, as proven by lab results. There is nothing worse than not having a diagnosis for hellacious symptoms. She is the most amazing, intellectual, caring doctor I have found in here in Houston. I can't imagine where I would be today without knowing why, for six weeks at a time, I am totally lethargic with dreadful headaches. Other doctors simply write it off to depression. Not unusual for other doctors I have seen to completely discount the significance of chronic Epstein Barr Virus. Dr. Salvato and her PA Carol do outstanding work but the staff has always been a problem. Dr Salvato deserves better. I have attempted to find other doctors with her expertise simply because of the horrendous treatment by her staff, however I keep coming back to her because she seems to be the only doctor around that understands unusual medical conditions. Love her!

Submitted June 21, 2013 | flag

I have been with Dr. Salvato for over 20 years, she and Carol both do a terrific job, however even trying to make an appointment is a hassel. IF they answer they put you on hold most of the time it just rolls over to to a voicemail that says they will call you back, but they never do, other times it just rings busy. As I said I have been with them since the mid 1980's and I love the doctor but the staff is so bad its not to be believed. Tried to call this morning it took over and hour just to speak with someone only to be told it would be over 2 weeks to see the doctor. When I questioned the time she said if I were not happy I could go to the ER........Really, the ER? Sadly I am now looking for a new doctor and will very much miss Dr. Salvato and Carol.

Submitted Nov. 19, 2012 | flag

Dr. Salvato is a very good doctor and full or knowledge. She was very helpful to me. Her staff was the best. I will recommend her to everybody.

Submitted Nov. 2, 2011 | flag

Dr. Salvato is wonderful! She found the source of my problem when 6 other doctors could not. Her PA, Carol, is also excellent. Dr. Salvato was able to diagnose my problem and prescribe treatment that has given me back quality of life by getting my chronic pain under control. She answers questions and explains tests and treatments completely. I have been her patient for 10 years and now have a greatly improved quality of life. Unfortunately, her front office staff leaves much to be desired. They do not answer phones and fail to return messages.The office manager was rude when I addressed the issue with her.When waiting at my last appointment two staff sat visiting while the phone rang and rang. Finally, another patient got up and said, "Does Dr. Salvato pay you to chat or answer the phone?" Eight people in the waiting room started clapping! I think these employees need to be re-trained or replaced with staff that will pleasantly answer phones, take messages, and return calls.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2011 | flag

I went to Dr. Salvato from a different state. The staff said I would get more than hour for my consult since I am coming so far. They never told me about meeting with a NP who was worthless, never did an exam, and Dr. S. only spent 1/2 hr. I have been sick 20 years, how can anyone get to know you in 1/2 hour. What a joke! She sent me to Lab Corp for lots of labs (very dirty and unprofessional Lab Corp I have been too). If Dr. Salvato would have looked at all the lab results I brought with me, she wouldn't have had to do so many labs. Then she expected me to pay for a follow up phone call to go over labs I didn't need, she should have done her job at my initial visit. Staff is awful. Couldn't tolerate Dr. S treatments. Her staff are totally incompetent and unprofessional. Dr. Salvato can't even provide a professional written initial intake & assessment, I don't know if I will go back. Don't go to her if you a coming from out of town!

Submitted Aug. 11, 2011 | flag

Dr. Patricia Salvato sits with you after the NP has done the examination so that was a little disheartening. Luckily the NP really listens. Her staff has the worst manners and turn around time for any response is very poor which is sad for her specialty is a serious nature. Hopefully, she can correct the reception to be POLITE, Records dept. to return a call, scheduling dept. to return a call or at least have the staff inform you of their turn around time. I hope she is able to really see these comments and do something about it or at least ask her patients about her staff.

Submitted July 20, 2011 | flag