Rate Dr. Patricia D. Salvato

Dr. Patricia D. Salvato's Ratings

Outstanding, caring, listens, friendly, professional. gets things done. Helped to get my 40 years of chronic mono in control when it was really getting bad, which helps me to live a more normal life. Had the insight to do the right tests to figure out the issue that was causing my mono to spiral out of control, and and did what was necessary to convince the insurance company that the expensive treatments to improve my immune system were necessary. One of my personal heroes. Her nurse practitioner is fantastic too, with the same personal touch to office visits.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2653075].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 14, 2014

Dr. Salvato knows her stuff but her staff is 100% not worth the fight!! Never can talk with anyone, can't get test results, hard to make an appointment. Go Elsewhere!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2641033].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 3, 2014

I get the impression that Dr. Salvato cares about her patients; they aren't just charts to her and she is well informed at the visit. Staff is friendly and helpful and waiting time is minimal. I believe she will take good care of me.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2553234].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

Dr Salvato is amazing. She listens, she explains, she is patient. I am grateful to have her. Thank you thank you Dr Salvato!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2552605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 26, 2014

I have been with Dr. Salvation for 15 years. She is the best!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2541605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 18, 2014

Have been going to Dr Salvato for 7+ years. Have always been seen on time ( or earlier if I show up early early my appointment). VERY friendly, knowledgeable, and willing to get to the root of patients health issues. However I do have problems with her staff. This is especially so when calling into the office with a simple question regarding medication and refills. I usually make an effort to go into details to explain my problem so that they can pull my chart and assess the problem before calling me back (saving time for everyone). Some instance I will not even get a call back. Most of the time I will get a call back and be told that all they got was a message saying a called. THEN after talking to me, they have to go back and pull my chart then call me again. Then they will go back and talk to the doctor for clarification. By then it might the end of the day or the next day before the issue is resolved. This is not goo when I need a prescription of if I need to go in to see the doctor. I find that when I have a health issue that needs to be addressed it is best for me to just "walk in" and get seen on "standby" faster than waiting for a phone call (that sometimes does not come).
Also, the times that I have spoken with the office manager she seemed very unfriendly and very unwilling to listen to concerns. I get the feeling that she views the patient as a adversary rather than someone that needs help. Maybe she feels threatened that someone might be questioning her staff. I have said it many times and have heard it MANY times from other that Dr Salvato and her immediate assistants are EXCELLENT but that her staff attitudes are lacking.
I give 5 stars for " Helpfulness" for in-office. But would give 2 starts for phone helpfulness.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2535432].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 13, 2014

I've been going to Dr. Salvato for more than 10 years and with my complicated problems, I'll never go to another doc for primary care. She's different, I think she's pretty intuitive, and listens. She thinks outside the box. And gets to the problem. Her staff can be pretty bad, you have to double check each prescription and lab order sheet to be sure it's done correctly, and trust me, it frequently isn't. I see a lot of bad comments about the staff. Apparently they paid attention to the complaints, and I know they got a lot of them directly from patients, too. A lot of the rude, incompetent people are gone, and the front office people are much, much better than they used to be. And at least one really rude, bossy, controlling back-office person who you had to talk to to get prescriptions filled is gone, and that's a huge improvement. They aren't as professional as other doctors' staffs that I've seen, but they have improved quite a bit in the last year or two. I wouldn't avoid this doctor because of the staff. **If suspect you have Lyme, this is where you need to go.**

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2427282].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2014

I've been a patient of Dr. Salvato's for several years now and I am very pleased with her and with my treatment plan. She is very knowledgeable about the conditions she treats. When I was looking for a doctor to treat my fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue syndrome, she was the only doctor in the area. I do drive about an hour each way to see her but that is a small price to pay for such a good doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2427281].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Fantastic friendly staff and doctor. The front office staff is very friendly, they are very busy, but acknowledge everyone that comes in and keeps the office running smoothly. I can't say enough to compliment Dr. Salvato. I've seen several neurologist and doctors before her and my health was declining at a fast rate. She ran several different test the other doctors didn't, one very important MTHFR DNA , 2 identical mutation found my body can't absorb b vitamins. Before her I already had peripheral neuropathy and neuropathy in arms and hands, all now reversible with correct b vitamin injections. All the other specialist told me the neuropathy was permanent and progressive. :)

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][827574].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Salvato for years...she is ALWAYS cheerful, concerned, caring, kind, polite, VERY knowledgeable, thorough in her evaluation, well, I could go on and on! It's refreshing to find a doctor, these days, who REALLY cares and treats the patient with respect and courtesy! The only concern I have is with the staff. Or the majority of the staff, who are disrespectful, uncaring, rude, well, frankly they do Dr. Salvato a disservice! Being such a fantastic/outstanding Doctor, her staff should do a better a job! I thank God for Dr. Salvato as well as her nurse practitioner, Carol. God Bless them both and I pray they don't retire for years to come!!! Thank you for this opportunity, I hold Dr. Salvato in the highest of esteem!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][827573].votes_count ]]