Rate Dr. F. Keith Busse

Dr. F. Keith Busse's Ratings

I didn't get seen on time. 45min after my appointment.He did a brief check on my son's eyes. He didn't really explain and I didn't even know what he was talking about. I kept asking questions and all he could say is that things just happen. "it's just bad luck" Thanks, but I don't think a parent should hear those words when you're referring to your child. Days later I called to request for his medical history so I can see another MD and they would never answer or return my calls. He doesn't realase them easily. After almost 2 weeks someone called me back. But still took long to get the forms from him. He doesn't like for his patients to get a 2nd opinion. I would not recommend people going to this unprofessional and rude office. He makes insensitive comments to patients.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828735].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 12, 2012

We went to get my 10mo son checked for cross-eyes. Dr. Busse was very forthcoming and explained us in detail about the actual condition & optical illusions giving relevant examples. He was very patient to our questions and answered them all very satisfactorily. The best part was the ways he used toys n lights to check my lo without getting him anxious at all. The ambience was great too with a whole lot of toys for infants & toddlers.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828734].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

took my son in for stye treatment. he's goofy and smart. sort of a BIG kid, i guess you could say. i don't mind his bedside manners. what is extremely frustrating, is waiting one hour past your appointment time (not including being 30 minutes early, and leaving work another 45 minutes earlier), and not a word/update from anyone! maybe just getting an updated calendar system could be the solution. but otherwise, i do like him. i can TALK to him, unlike other doctors out there. i would still recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828733].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

My son has been seeing him since he was 5 months old. He's the best in the Austin area as we have seen other ophthalmologists for the same problem my son had. My son is now 8 years old and has been seeing him all his life basically. He said Dr. Busse is the coolest doctor he's ever seen. His bedside manner is not strange because he needs to do several things at a time while he checks the kids. He needs to be fast otherwise the kids will move around and get distracted. So he needs to distract them and concentrate on his check up on the kids at the same time. That's why he always asks kids questions or plays the toys and performs his job at the same time. That might look strange to some parents. He is a good doctor because my son has seen him for 8 years now. If he's not good, I would have changed to other ophthalmologists already.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828732].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 2, 2011

Dr. Busse evaluated our daughter for a stenosis of the tear duct with a flashlight that was broken (no light) and moved across the room to instruct us almost immediately that she need surgery. It was only after I asked for a more comprehensive exam that he complied but I did not feel comfortable with his inadequate assessment. He wanted to keep his "options open" for surgery and gave us one of three options that he "may" do when he's in there. He may be a very good surgeon but his bedside manner is lacking and his approach is unorthodox to say the least.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828731].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2010

He was the first to diagnose my daughter with CVI, we had taken who to 3 top doctors in the Bay Area and nobody correctly diagnosed her. He is great at diagnosis, not so good at treatment plans, follow up on a diagnosis, not very good at answering questions and very strange 'bedside manner'. He always makes me nervous. But there is nobody better than him in the area so we end up going to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828712].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2010

We have 3 children who see Dr. Busse including one child with a disability . He is an excellent surgeon and has been an invaluable resource for our family!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828730].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 24, 2010

My daughter sees the Dr in his Waco office, and if not for him she may very well be blind, we had been to others but he was the first to diagnose her accurately. He has always been the most respectful and courteous, and his brother is always polite and knowledgeable. My child loves him, yes he always runs behind schedule, but if you wanted to ask him a question would you want him to say times up, I gotta be on time. Thank goodness he takes the time to answer kids and moms too

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 7, 2010

We've been using Dr. Busse for about four years now and have never experienced him or his staff being rude or arrogant to us or our son. He is very knowledgeable and his treatment for our son is working very well. (I received a 2nd opinion from my cousin's husband - a WV-based ophthalmologist - just to be sure since we had a bad experience with another eye doctor before we began using Dr. Busse.) My son likes going to his office. He does run behind schedule, but that is because he takes the time to answer all of our questions and concerns. He even did a free eye exam on our four-year-old daughter since we home-school and can't get this done via a public school. His staff is friendly and helpful. I have to wonder if the people who are experiencing a "rude beside manner" are being rude first. I would (and have) recommend Dr. Busse to anyone who has a child in need of his services.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828728].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

Office staff was very rude & so unprofessional. Receptionist was dressed like she was going to a bar or keg party. They asked me to fax something & I said I didn't have a fax could I email it. She got snotty & said can't you use the one where you work. I replied I am a stay-at-home mom & I said we do not have one. She got even more nasty. But I do need to go back for a check up as he is the best & most knowledgeable doctor of his kind in the area.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828727].votes_count ]]