Dr. Gyl Midroni

Rate Dr. Gyl Midroni

Dr. Gyl Midroni's Ratings

Toronto needs more doctors like Dr. Gyl Midroni. In addition to diagnosing and treating me for a rare neurological syndrome, which I was able to rehabilitate from as a result of his quick diagnosis and treatment, he recently took the time to return my call, when most doctors would not have been bothered. He deserves nothing less than a 5 star rating for his expertise, efficiency, bed side manner and caring disposition. He is a gentleman, and the first name I will suggest when someone is in need of a neurologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 31, 2013

I had read many positive reviews on this site about Dr Midroni prior to my appointment with him last week, and they were all right on point. I went to see him terrified of motor neuron disease, and he not only managed to calm me down, but indulged me by doing full clinical and EMG exams too. I did not feel rushed, or that I was wasting his time, and he has one of the best bedside manners of any health practitioner with whom I've had experience. His knowledge is top notch, and I was very confident in his findings. Additionally, I actually found the office staff to be quite friendly with me, and really don't have any negative comments in that regard. Bottom line, this is a brilliant doctor who genuinely cares, and anyone would be lucky to see him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828856].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 13, 2013

He was punctual, polite, sympathetic and I didn't feel rushed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828855].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Dr.Midroni has an amazing "bedside Manner". He is thorough, easy to understand, compassionate and very nice. I enjoy seeing Dr. Midroni and always feel reassured after my appointment. Thank you so much, Dr. Midroni.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828854].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2013

STRAIT FORWARD APPROACH. HONEST, EVEN WITH BAD NEWS . PATIENT . THOROUGH

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828853].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 23, 2012

I had a rare nervous disorder. I was told by other doctors that really nothing would help. Dr. Midroni diagnosed my condition in 5 minutes! He is very bright and he cared enough to refer me to the very best surgeon, who did a fabulous job which stopped a progressing debilitating problem

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828852].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2012

Honest, straight-forward, thorough, professional. His knowledge eased my concerns. Showed respect and compassion for my condition and pain. A specialist that listens. Great staff. Good vibes in the clinic.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828851].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 21, 2012

I went to his neurology clinic at St. Michael's Hospital. He is very pleasant and treats his patients kindly. He is very knowledgable in his specialty and even when it doesn't pertain to neurology he tries to help patients by referring them. However, I found the receptionist in his office very rude and abrupt. He needs to deal with that person.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828850].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 21, 2011

I have seen Dr Midroni several times. He is always punctual and is has taken me in a few minutes early. He seems to know his sub-specialty peripheral nerve disorders) extremely well; but has been unable to diagnose my underlying condition despite numerous tests of various types (BW EMGs, MRIs and biopsies). He has referred me to another specialist since I have managed to convince him that I can not tolerate continued decline. I`m disabled; I was disabled before my current condition started in addition to this new one. I made it clear that my decline is more debilitating than he sees in the office. I need help to dress and bathe, eat,etc. He understood but I had to spell it out; until I did he was simply going to give up. A great doc overall but he needs to realize how his patients are affected outside of his office His staff is very friendly and empathetic. Very nice ladies with good phone skills. I've found that I did have to push some with him to get answers, my journey goes on.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828849].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 25, 2011

The staff were just great and helpful from reception to the technologist who ran the tests. It was actually fun. Dr Midroni was the third nerologist that I have seen. He is also the best. He was very knowledgeable and answered all my questions. I'll update after my next visit.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][828848].votes_count ]]