Rate Dr. Bob G. Lanier

Dr. Bob G. Lanier's Ratings

I have seen 2 other RA in the past 4 years, Dr. Lanier has been by far the one I am most comfortable with and he has helped me more than any other previous Doctors. Every appointment he has been on time or early for, he is very detailed when he explains the disease and what actions we are taking and why, and what further steps are needed if the treatment is not working. Although I am not 100%, I am very pleased with the treatment path he has chosen for me. I am so pleased that I finally found an RA doctor that can help me. The entire staff is great, for the lab persons to the nurse, and the front office, they are all great and when I come in they make me feel at home.

Submitted July 8, 2013 | flag

before he was on my pos insurance, the insurance co pushed me to try another dr, I'd been going to Dr. Lanier since I found out I had RA, about 11yrs ago, well I tried a different dr. for about 6 mon. and was in so much pain I was begging GOD to let me die, sure he would give me shots, but he had taken me off my other med. and I couldn't take it any more, Dr Lanier finially went on my insurance and I went back to him, I feel he saved my life, he's always typing, but it's due to my test resaults, he's alot friendly than he use to be, and I've gone to him so long his staff and him seem almost like they've always been in my life, he may not have the best bedside man. but he knows what he's doing, and he sure helps me. he does his job well, and I know I can always count on him to do what is best for me. God Bless him and his staff.

Submitted July 21, 2012 | flag

Yes,he does spend a lot of time on computer,but it's reviewing test results from last visit and he diagnosis you according to them...He has been very helpful to me in my condition and I highly recommend him..if you are wanting a thero diagnosis of your condition.

Submitted Jan. 13, 2012 | flag

Dr. Bob Lanier is the best rheumatologist that I have ever used. He stays current on the latest research and technology. His exams are thorough, and he answers all of your questions. He is a southern gentleman and doctor. His experience and knowledge are superb. I would highly recommend him to anyone who suffers from fibromyalgia, arthritis, disc diseases of the neck and back; these are my areas of concern, and he has really helped me with these.

Submitted July 19, 2011 | flag

I have to agree with everything that was written on this Dr & his staff. I could write a text book on this Doc & his staff, their habits & treatment. But others have said enough.

Submitted Jan. 21, 2011 | flag

This doctor should not be practicing. He did not make eye contact with me and just typed on his computer the whole time. I was there to see if I had lupus and for my arthritis and he said you don't have lupus without even looking at me. His staff was horrible and one of the nurses was his wife who said she was retired. I tried getting copies of my xrays for 6 months and his horrible staff kept saying they would send it and never would until I threatened to report him to the Medical Board and they finally threw it in an envelope and hand wrote my name and address on it - no cover letter or anything. Seven months later they send me a bill for what the insurance did not pay! He should not be practicing. I will never go back to that quack!! His office was full of "old" people and I am sure he is taking them and Medicare to the cleaners!

Submitted July 9, 2008 | flag

The reception person was very condensending.She originally said the Dr was not taking new patients, so she would'nt even give me an appointment, but then I called my insurance co. and we got that straightened out. Then Dr Bob Lanier never made eye contact, only wanted to type on his computer. For every medicine I listed he entered into his computer and then it gave him a diagnosis in which he put it on my lab requisition, never asking me about it. I feel he is the worst Dr I have ever, or will ever go to.

Submitted April 11, 2008 | flag