Rate Dr. Terry P. Phang

Dr. Terry P. Phang's Ratings

Had a colon surgery 2014 to remove a tumour. From start to finish it was better then I could have ever expected. Dr Phang is an artist with the scalpel. When I went in to get the staples out my GP said that he did an awesome job. I loved his attitude. and his staff was wonderful

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2481220].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 17, 2014

I had a rectopexy 7 years ago to repair damages from childbirth. The surgery to lift the pressure off of the anal area was helpful temporarily. However he damaged the nerves that cause bowel movements and I have never been able to have a bowel movement naturally again. They kept me in the hospital for 10 days because I had not had a bowel movement but after 10 days with no bowel movement they said maybe I would be more relaxed at home and sent me home. I went back to him and told him about my problem. He just said "So, you can't poop hey" and laughed. I was traumatized and very upset about his response. He just told me to keep taking laxatives and maybe the nerves would regrow. They never improved and now the rectopexy has failed and I am in the same discomfort as before plus the big issue of the cut nerves for bowel movements. It has been life changing for me, very upsetting.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2427422].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Dr. Phang performed a surgery on me that I later found out he was not qualified to perform. It broke down and I had to endure about 8 years of pain until I was finally healed through much of my own research and effort. He also performed a colonoscopy on me without sedation when I was having a flare up and in extreme pain. I passed out during the test due to pain. His incessant smiling when he was giving me bad news was rather disconcerting as well. I would not recommend this doctor to my worst enemy.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][829591].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2014

This professional did not correctly diagnosis complications after surgery he performed and put my daughters life at risk. She is currently still in hospital and will have a lengthy healing process due to her new complex situation. This all could have been avoided if just one simple test had been ordered, instead of an assumption on his part. He is very detached and has a strange sense of humour which at times is inappropriate

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][829590].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2014

I had Dr. Phang perform surgery on me to remove rectal cancer. I am not old and ended up with a leak in the rectum area, and an emergency surgery within four days of the first operation which put me in intensive care for two days as my lungs collapsed during surgery. I still have complications and inflammation of the bowel some 18 months later. Dr. Phang does not share much knowledge and I have my doubts about his memory. As others have reviewed he also laughs and giggles like a clown when serious questions are asked. From my experiences I am not impressed and have my doubts of his abilities.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][829588].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2013

He returns the phone calls, polite, confidence, relax. He has excellent knowledge and experience.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][829587].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 5, 2013

LeVan's salary should be doubled. Dr. Phang is talented and in demand and I've waited months even on the cancellation list. For post-operative care I would suggest he refer me to a colleague who can see me at least once a month rather than once every 2-3 months so I feel looked after. I just can't be digging around by myself trying to figure out with mirror and finger how it's coming along as blood drips into toilet bowl or get the b/f to cut the dangling stitches stuck between my skin and panty and tugging on the healing hemorhoid. Dr. Phang is very generous in his belief that no insurance company or workplace can rush you back to work. There is no time limit. Each patient's healing process is unique to that person and he will do whatever he can to make sure you recover in good time, no matter how long that is. No corporate bully will make him push his patients back to work before their time. He's a small frame but this one has backbone and your best interest at heart.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][829586].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 7, 2013

I like to call him Dr. Heiter, because I have a feeling he has a human centipede project going on in his basement. Without having even half of my medical information he comes up to me with this big grin and tells me he's going to remove my entire colon. I was transferred to St. Paul's with the impression I was to have an abscess removed. He says to me "don't you know you're here for surgery? we cant attach a piece of diseased bowel to a piece of diseased bowel" I don't believe I'm even having a flare up from my UC so I have NO IDEA what he's talking about. I ask for more information and say I'd like some more tests, I said I know there are better options, some not available in Canada. He says "well I'm sorry you're in Canada!" He sort of laughs at me as I'm having a panic attack and says "I'm going to leave before I upset you more". He seems like a psychopath eager to perform the most invasive surgeries to add to his resume. I'm absolutely petrified of him and don't want him near me!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][829585].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 31, 2013

THIS SURGEON ALMOST KILLED ME! He performed a “simple procedure” on me. Ten years ago he did a operation on my intestines. He almost canceled my surgery before that but I was in so much pain and did not agree. After his operation I got very sick with a very high fever. He took off for his “vacation” right away. Now I see why he RUSHED through my operation. It took two more operations later, no fix the hole he left in my intestines, that made toxic waste leak all in my body. HE GAVE ME THE WRONG INFO SO HE WOULD NOT BE AT BLAME. Because of this doctor I CANT HAVE BABIES NOW. Verbally he told my family and I there was no problem with my fertility. I requested notes 5 years after my operation and on the notes he writes this patient will need fertility treatments. HE is a SCAM ARTIST AND LIAR. I have so much scar tissue in my stomach now because of him and am still in pain 10 years after my operation. All the positive ratings below look fake to me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][829589].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 17, 2013

I agree that Dr Phang is one of the best colorectal surgeons. He did an emergency sphincterotomy for me that was highly successful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][829584].votes_count ]]