Rate Dr. Stefan C. Harmeling

Dr. Stefan C. Harmeling's Ratings

very uncomterable waiting room, they need an adult in the reception area, rude, don't understand pain, lack of experience?, would not recommend harmeling as a doctor, maybe a teacher???? he seams nice, no other dr,s available,,, thanks

Submitted Feb. 27, 2014 | flag

Dr. Harmeling seems cool at first, but then it's obvious he is just acting. A friend of mine saw Dr. Harmeling for years for a chronic condition that caused him a lot of pain that sent him to the hospital almost a lot. Did this doctor ever refer my friend to a pain specialist? No. Dr. H acts all nice and cool, but when it comes time to ask him to order a test or make a referral to a specialist (time for him to do his job), it's like pulling teeth. He must get rewarded from insurance companies at the end of the year for keeping costs down with his patients. If you are thinking of choosing this doctor, look elsewhere. Also his receptionists are totally rude and heartless. They must hate their jobs because they treat patients like dirt. If you want an all around bad experience, you now know where to go.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2014 | flag

Submitted Feb. 3, 2014 | flag

Staff is completely and utterly incompetent. Doctor is manipulative and rude... assumes he knows everything and unyielding or unwilling to be wrong. Talks down to patients and is "rushed"... like he'd rather be out surfing than listening to patients. Staff fails to communicate clearly and takes the approach that their**** don't stink, when clearly they do. I would not recommend this doctor to even my worst enemy.

Submitted July 9, 2013 | flag

Rushes in and rushes out, doesn't take time to listen to patient concerns. Can be condescending -- especially to older patients -- and isn't very thorough in exams (3 annual physicals over 3 years and never had to remove any clothing???). If I could find another provider who would take my insurance, I'd leave him.

Submitted June 19, 2013 | flag

My experience was that he is curt, controlling, manipulative, condescending and can't be trusted to maintain confidentiality.

Submitted Jan. 2, 2013 | flag

Got denied service because one of my two health insurances was not covered.

Submitted Dec. 5, 2012 | flag

Dr. Harmeling is very smart and very nice. One of the most easy-going docs I have ever met. And he takes time to explain what is wrong and what to do about it.

Submitted April 17, 2012 | flag

Best doctor I have been to, takes time to listen and understand.

Submitted Oct. 31, 2011 | flag

Excellent doctor! Truly a breath of fresh air after the last doctor I had. He really takes the time to understand and address your health concerns. He has wonderful bedside manner that made me feel comfortable and able to talk to him about any health concerns I might have.

Submitted Sept. 21, 2011 | flag