Rate Dr. Sean Edward Rockett

Dr. Sean Edward Rockett's Ratings

If you ever need an orthopedic surgeon, look no further. This gentleman, is extremely knowledgeable and kind hearted. I had both of my shoulders repaired by Dr. Sean Rockett. I am able to use my shoulders like they are brand new. Dr. Rockett really knows his stuff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2508786].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 21, 2014

Dr Sean Rockett is a top quality person and one of the best knee doctors in Massachusetts. I really trust and I feel like I'm in the best hands when I have him operate on my knee. I look forward to getting back to doing sports soon due to his expertise and the quality of his work and communication. I've had 5 knee surgeries and he has performed the last 2 and my knee has felt great both times. One was a cleanout back in 2006 when my knee was painful before but not after surgery. The cleanout was for removal of rough areas and the most recent (3 months ago) was an ACL replacement. The knee feels great, no pain, and getting more stable through proper PT and doing the exercises at home daily.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2074815].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 20, 2014

Dr. Rockett is THE best. Very understanding, gentle and knowledgeable. Felt very confident in his care. His results were right on!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2074814].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 24, 2014

Dr. Rockett has helped me with multiple sport injuries including tendon surgery, broken collar bone, and tendonitis. He has also treated my daughter for a broken wrist. In all cases he was kind, patient, and knowledgeable. He has made it possible for me to continue with my athletic endeavors. I would highly recommend Dr. Rockett to anyone needing an orthopedic specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2074813].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 8, 2014

Dr. Rockett has performed two rotator cuff repairs, a minor hip surgery, and a total hip replacement on me. He has a way of making you feel like there is nothing to be afraid of. I can honestly say the worst part of my hip replacement was the terrible headache I got from lack of caffeine the morning of the surgery. I have found him very accessible (for a surgeon). When I am confused about something, after an appointment (which I sometimes am because we get to laughing so hard about assorted stuff), I'll call his office. He ALWAYS calls me back. He is good with the pain medications, but not reckless. He believes me when I tell him, "If it didn't hurt really bad, I wouldn't be here." The Newton-Wellesley office staff are, without exception, wonderful. No one has ever been rude to me. And Dr. Rockett has only been late once--for my second shoulder surgery--by about 20 minutes. He is often early when I have an appointment in the office. I recommend him without hesitation.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2074812].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

Dr. Rockett performed a Bankart repair on my shoulder. I sought him out as a surgeon (changed my pcp to get the referral) because I knew he was a fellow athlete and would consider my activity level. His diagnosis and treatment were perfect, we tried traditional methods before surgery and he did not waste time once it was established that I did require the procedure. He explained everything to me in great detail. I am five months after the surgery and my quality of life is dramatically improved, I can sleep at night without pain. He is well balanced in the post op approach, I felt that I moved along at the proper pace during the physiotherapy stage and am now back to regular athletic workouts (85% strength, 95% rom). He knew my athletic profile and was neither too conservative or too liberal in getting me back to the gym. Additionally, he was extremely accessible during all phases of my treatment and prepared my expectations accurately. I would highly recommend Dr. Rockett.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2074811].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

We had a great experience! We had been to the kaplan Joint Center before to see Dr. bedair for my complete knee surgery. The girls in the office told me that they had a great shoulder dr. And we made an appt. I had surgery on Jan. 9th and just went back for my post op on Jan 18th. The very next day I was moving my shoulder and also eating with my right hand! The nurses and Dr Rockett called for several days after to check on me! They really cared about my recovery. I would recommend Dr Rockett to anyone who is looking for a wonderful Dr. I can' t thank him enough! Michael Sullivan

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2074810].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2013

Dr. Rockett and his Staff are committed to excellent care. They are experienced staff who keep track of who you are and where you are in your entire surgical process. I am extremely impressed with the care I received during my complete knee replacement. Their reputation and commitment is real and very rare. I was never afraid or apprehensive during the entire process due to the calm and competent staff. They are an accurate reflection of a standard of care that is far and above many other doctors. At 57 yrs old I feel blessed to have a second chance to return to my active life after my knee surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2074809].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2012

He did a great job on my meniscus surgery. Very little pain afterwards. Never had to take any pain medication.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2074808].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 12, 2012

Dr. Rockett repaired my shoulder, explaning the procedure and setting expectations for my recovery. Everything went as planned, was a complete success and I'm back playing my favorite sport, Capoeira, once again. I can't thank him enough for his professionalism, expertise and excellent results.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2074807].votes_count ]]