Rate Dr. Ridha Arem

Dr. Ridha Arem's Ratings

I have been a patient of Dr. Arems for over 2 years. I live in another state and made the decision to travel to Houston because my health had declined for the past 5 years and I couldn't get answers from any of the endocrinologist in my area. I was diagnosed with Hashimotos after the surgical removal a thyroid nodule. Every Dr. I went to in Arizona said take your thyroid medicine and go home, there is nothing else that can be done. Thank goodness I found Dr. Arems book ( The Thyroid Solution). As I read his first book I cried because there were so many examples of what was happening to me. I finally realized I wasn't crazy, I had an autoimmune disease that could be managed. I immediately called his office and got the first appointment I could. Dr. Arem has not only changed my life, I feel he has saved my life. I was overmedicated with thyroid drugs to the point it was effecting both by blood pressure and cardiac health. It has taken 2 years but today I feel the best I have in years. There are several things you should be aware of. One Dr. Arem and is staff aren't touchy feely. They treat you as an adult and put you in charge of your health and healthcare. They aren't rude, they are professionals with a lot going on. Dr. Arem doesn't do unnecessary testing, but the testing he does recommend have always been spot on. Results take time. He doesn't take insurance. The testing can be expensive. Personally I feel it's worth every cent. Every test he has recommended has lead to major improvements in my health. He is the first Dr. to truly listen to me. The problem with thyroid disease is it can take a long time to treat. Dr. Arem can't just give you a pill and send you home. He gives you the tools, but the I found it was up to me to make the changes necessary for the treatment to work. Is his office perfect.....no, but if you want the best Dr. for thyroid disease this is the Dr. Personally I will continue to travel 2 days every 3-6 months to see Dr. Arem. And I will be forever grateful that he is so dedicated to the treating those of us with a Thyroid Disease.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2757547].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

The office staff are NOT rude. They do their jobs and they do them well to support a very busy practice. Dr. Arem turned my life around after ten years of deteriorating health, and hundreds of visits to other doctors who didn't know what they were doing. This man is the best and I am fortunate to have found him. You have a thyroid problem? Don't waste your time with other doctors. Go see Dr. Arem.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2708510].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 4, 2015

As others have mentioned, I find the office staff very rude. They have to ask you what medications Dr. Arem has prescribed, and often give out information that contradicts Dr. Arem's recommendations. Dr. Arem is knowledgable, but at times appears irritated by questions, as if you should know the answer yourself. He does not accept insurance, and often prescribes numerous tests costing hundreds of dollars. I don't feel that he consistently listens to your feedback. I have been a patient for quite a few years, but feel that dealing with the frustrations from this office are not worth the money, and will most likely find a new doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2539318].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 17, 2014

The staff and doctor are very rude. They never return phone calls. Not recommended

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2463985].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

Since George left at the beginning of the year, the office staff is extremely rude, unprofessional, and downright disrespectful. I believe Dr. Arem knows what he is doing and given the time and patience can eventually level out all your numbers. The hardest part is dealing with the office staff in the meantime, and given that he doesn’t accept insurance I am not sure the hassle is worth the time and money. If a good doctor was easier to come by I would have left at the first sign of trouble.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2463984].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Dr. Arem made a world of difference in how I was feeling before I saw him. He is one of the best in my book. I saw him for about 3yrs, and he was worth it. I had to stop seeing him because I live in another town four hours away and times got a little hard. It was expensive for the trip, appt. , blood work, and all, otherwise, I would still be seeing him. But I am feeling so much better today because of Dr. Arem. THANK YOU SO MUCH DR. AREM.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2074868].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 1, 2013

I have read the reviews on Dr. Arem and I would just like to say that he is a very knowledgeable doctor who knows what he is talking about. He has been on many TV shows, wrote two books, and has studied all over the place. He might come off as a doctor that does not care but that is far from the truth. I have been his patient for a little over a year now. When I first met him I did think that he was very rude, but then when I came back and got to know him I realized that he is very genuine and very caring. Sometimes it is hard to reach his nurse, but every time I leave a message they get back to me within a couple days. People just need to realize that Dr. Arem is a very busy doctor and sees a lot of patients in a day. I have never been ignored or told the wrong information. His staff is super friendly and always have smiles on their faces. The girl that sits at the window, the pregnant one, she by far has to be the sweetest girl ever. Dr. Arem is a great doctor. So happy I went him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2074867].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 16, 2013

Discovered Dr. Arem after running across his book at Barnes & Noble which is the most helpful and thorough book for anyone with thyroid problems. When I realized he was in Houston, called and made an appointment. I've been to see him twice and I feel better than ever after a 2-roller coaster of dealing w/ doctors not up to his caliber. Dr. Arem is a genius. He is worth the price. I highly recommend him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2074866].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 2, 2011

took too long to see him. very long wait. feel like i made his car payment.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2074865].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2010

I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Arem. He is brilliant. I have been under his care since 1998, when someone who had read his book (The Thyroid Solution) referred me to him. At the time, I had magnificent health insurance, so it was inconvenient that his office does not accept any insurance, but the results of his attentive care and exception knowledge has been life changing. I can not say enough how much I respect his knowlege and genius as my treating endocrinologist. When I first began seeing him, he was in the midst of much research in the thyroid arena and was overworked and often exhausted, but he was ALWAYS motivated to provide exceptional care to his current and new patients. If anyone suffered during that period, it was him and not us patients. He seems driven to rescue those who suffer from thyroid imbalances from it's devastating effects on their lives. I have always noticed his devotion to excellent care, both in diagnosis and treatment of difficult cases as well as more common ones.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2074864].votes_count ]]