Rate Dr. Ridha Arem

Dr. Ridha Arem's Ratings

The staff and doctor are very rude. They never return phone calls. Not recommended

Submitted May 20, 2014 | flag

Since George left at the beginning of the year, the office staff is extremely rude, unprofessional, and downright disrespectful. I believe Dr. Arem knows what he is doing and given the time and patience can eventually level out all your numbers. The hardest part is dealing with the office staff in the meantime, and given that he doesn’t accept insurance I am not sure the hassle is worth the time and money. If a good doctor was easier to come by I would have left at the first sign of trouble.

Submitted May 6, 2014 | flag

Dr. Arem made a world of difference in how I was feeling before I saw him. He is one of the best in my book. I saw him for about 3yrs, and he was worth it. I had to stop seeing him because I live in another town four hours away and times got a little hard. It was expensive for the trip, appt. , blood work, and all, otherwise, I would still be seeing him. But I am feeling so much better today because of Dr. Arem. THANK YOU SO MUCH DR. AREM.

Submitted Nov. 1, 2013 | flag

I have read the reviews on Dr. Arem and I would just like to say that he is a very knowledgeable doctor who knows what he is talking about. He has been on many TV shows, wrote two books, and has studied all over the place. He might come off as a doctor that does not care but that is far from the truth. I have been his patient for a little over a year now. When I first met him I did think that he was very rude, but then when I came back and got to know him I realized that he is very genuine and very caring. Sometimes it is hard to reach his nurse, but every time I leave a message they get back to me within a couple days. People just need to realize that Dr. Arem is a very busy doctor and sees a lot of patients in a day. I have never been ignored or told the wrong information. His staff is super friendly and always have smiles on their faces. The girl that sits at the window, the pregnant one, she by far has to be the sweetest girl ever. Dr. Arem is a great doctor. So happy I went him.

Submitted Sept. 16, 2013 | flag

Discovered Dr. Arem after running across his book at Barnes & Noble which is the most helpful and thorough book for anyone with thyroid problems. When I realized he was in Houston, called and made an appointment. I've been to see him twice and I feel better than ever after a 2-roller coaster of dealing w/ doctors not up to his caliber. Dr. Arem is a genius. He is worth the price. I highly recommend him.

Submitted Oct. 2, 2011 | flag

took too long to see him. very long wait. feel like i made his car payment.

Submitted Dec. 10, 2010 | flag

I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Arem. He is brilliant. I have been under his care since 1998, when someone who had read his book (The Thyroid Solution) referred me to him. At the time, I had magnificent health insurance, so it was inconvenient that his office does not accept any insurance, but the results of his attentive care and exception knowledge has been life changing. I can not say enough how much I respect his knowlege and genius as my treating endocrinologist. When I first began seeing him, he was in the midst of much research in the thyroid arena and was overworked and often exhausted, but he was ALWAYS motivated to provide exceptional care to his current and new patients. If anyone suffered during that period, it was him and not us patients. He seems driven to rescue those who suffer from thyroid imbalances from it's devastating effects on their lives. I have always noticed his devotion to excellent care, both in diagnosis and treatment of difficult cases as well as more common ones.

Submitted Nov. 3, 2010 | flag

Dr. Arem may have saved my life. My first endo never ran a sonogram but Arem did during the first visit. Found a nodule and had me get a biopsy; luckily benign. Ten months later he found another nodule and this time it showed thyroid cancer; very treatable if caught early. First doctor would have never caught it but Arem did very early. Yes he is expensive and he's not the most personable doctor (though he IS warm and caring in his own way) but the fact that he found my cancer early makes any complaint or concern of cost irrelevant. I've always had good interactions with his staff and they seem very loyal to him. My experience is that the first few visits are the most expensive but the cost comes down dramatically once he's got you sorted out. I've paid as much as $1,800 and as little as $90 for an office visit, depending on tests and services. Besides, he literally wrote the book on thyroid treatment that is years ahead of most endo's.

Submitted March 28, 2010 | flag

Dr. Arem is very knowledgable and helpful as he listens to your problems and offers insight and solutions. The only negative is that he doesn't accept insurance yet office visits can be pricey and lab tests can be very expensive. I may have to see a different endocrinologist because of the out of pocket expense involved. He's an excellent physician whom I refer friends and family members to though he is not inexpensive by any means. If, however, a prospective patient has the monetary means, I would definitely recommend Dr. Ridha Arem.

Submitted March 18, 2010 | flag

I have been dibilitated since my son was born 12 years ago. Dr. Arem has given me the first significant help in restoring/improving my health. I still have numerous issues to work through, but I now have the mental focus to work on it. I feel I have better mental function that I may ever have had. My low/normal thyroid standard test results were not a red flag for physicians. But stress would make normal function very difficult. This would cause more stress and anxiety, eventually leading to physical symptoms of stress. I feel I have made the first step to a healthier and happier life. I feel grateful to have found this doctor and this site for helping assure me of his competent treatment of his clients.

Submitted Feb. 6, 2010 | flag