Rate Dr. Elvert F. Nelson

Dr. Elvert F. Nelson's Ratings

A highly dedicated and skilled surgeon, cordial and caring, but serious, carefully explained all aspects of surgery and recovery. A superior staff who patiently address any concerns or issues. Hospital experience (Sutter Roseville) beyond expectations, best, most attentive staff of five hospitals in which I have stayed. Second spinal surgery - had to clean up former surgeon's mess. Absolutely no complaints. My husband has left his orthopedic surgeon to switch to this doctor. Am very thankful that I was referred to him - even though a hundred miles away. Worth it .

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][831929].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][831930].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 1, 2011

Dr.Nelson is very intelligent and very sincere. He is changing my life for the better after suffering with back pain for years. I highly recommend him to anyone wishing to see help and fix their back problems once and for all.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][831928].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 6, 2011

Dr. Nelson performed two fusions on me. One was cervical which worked fine; the other was lumbar fusion which he hacked up. He was to take a piece of my hip bone for the fusion and I think he used a chain saw. I now understand why he did not visit me once in the hospital after the second fusion....he knew what he had done. I left his practice when I couldn't stand his contempt for his patients by making them wait over one and one-half hour for an appointment. What disrespect he shows his patients by doing this.....I told his office this on my last visit and I am glad that I no longer call him my spine doc.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][831927].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 10, 2009

Dr. Nelson is a true proffesional and did a fantastick job on my fusion I would highly recomend him. He did not do the surgery for the sake of doing it, he evaluated me and determined it was the best course of action. He followed up after the surgery and seemed to genuinly care. He was able to fix the botched surgery that doctor montesano did.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][831926].votes_count ]]