Dr. Larry D. Canton

Grad. Year: 1984

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.3 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Larry D. Canton has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 3647693
04/01/14 4 4 5 5 I have not had any issues with Dr Canton personally. I have had issues with his staff and they are all aware of my concerns. Dr Canton has really listened to me on my problems and what works best for me on any type of Rx. I just have to say that if anybody is going to have a problem dealing with this Dr just because of a situation that occurred more than 12 years ago then you people are total morons. His personal situation had NOTHING to do with his way of treating his patients. Look at what problematic people you have in your life and get rid of them as well if they ever did anything wrong. Dr Canton is awesome and has helped me tremendously, more so than any other Dr I have been to. Any negative issues you have against him should be brought to his attention and please make sure you at least look smart when complaining. You really should learn to spell and/or make your sentences understandable when trying to make someone else look bad.
Insurance: Humana
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Larry" to "Larry D."
RID: 2693881
25/06/13 3 1 3 4 He's a nice and likable doctor. They over book in office and wait time is very long. He does have a criminal charges in his background. Some shady business about his car being stolen when he really had it towed under another name and reported it stolen. And fraud in reference to an insurance claim for damage to a bone density testing machine in his office. Ethics, when it comes to insurance is not his strong point.
RID: 2474506
14/11/12 5 5 5 5 I recently became a patient of Dr Cantons and my experience was great. His staff really worked with me in scheduling an appointment around my chaotic schedule and answered all my questions thoroughly. He made sure he addressed all my health issues by recapping my concerns at the end of my appointment. He also took a in depth look at my medical history to treat me properly. As of today my issues have all been resolved and my over all health has improved greatly because of him. I recommend him to all my friends and family. Five stars across the board.
RID: 2431127
22/09/12 1 1 1 1   Respond
RID: 2142629
15/05/12 4 3 5 5 Dr. Canton has been my doctor for over ten years now and has always taken time to speak with me and answer any of my concearns and or questions. I find Dr. Canton to be a caring doctor sometimes you do have to wait a bit but that is because he takes time with all his patients. I would highly recomend him to anyone looking for a doctor.
RID: 1492637
21/07/11 3 3 4 5 He has always been wonderful to me and took care of my problems. I have nothing negative to say about this doctor. Very kind person
RID: 1293390
14/11/10 5 4 5 5 He always takes the time to listen. On the last review I must comment that when he leaves you he goes into a quiet room with your chart by himself to read your history carefully I know this because i have seen him many times when passing to go to the restroom, the nurse brings in your scripts because he is moving on to one of the many patients he is fitting in and he will come back if you need to ask him something. Its true he may run late but that is because he is trying to take his time with everyone. He helps me with my pain and I must see him every time I need a refill and he does not give in to any phone requests. I have needed specialists that he personally has got me into quicker. Staff have always been friendly and they are a busy office. I needed a shoulder popped back in place and when an er wouldnt do it he fixed me in the office. He is very knowledgeable on herbal medicine also. My life would be over without this doctor. Give him another try.
RID: 1272273
15/10/10 1 1 1 1 I have never had a more disturbing experience at a dr. I was a new patient and arrived 30 min prior to my appt as inst. I was not given paperwork to complete for 30 minutes. I waited 1 hr to be called. People came in after me that were called before me. Once in a room I waited 1 more hr. Total wait time for my appt. 2.5 hours. The staff was rude. They expected me to sign blank paperwork that didn't apply to my care or care I was requesting (I refused to sign)I explained to the Dr. my health concerns. He left the room, a nurse (?) returned with scripts and no instructions. Once I got to the pharmacy I realized he wrote a script for ineffective allergy med.(one I told him didn't work) I called the office to have a new script called in to the pharmacy.I have just moved to the area and did not know the pharmacy phone number so I didn't leave one with my message. The office called and stated they could not call in the script because they were not allowed to look up #'s for patients.
RID: 1266366
06/10/10 4 4 5 5 Dr Canton has been my personal physician for over 20 years and I can speak nothing but highly. Unlike many Dr's I've had, Dr Canton will sit and listen to what's bothering you. He precribes drugs when necessary, but not overly. He will also listen about personal issues which could will be effecting your health. He is a very knowledgeable, kind caring Dr. I would highly recommend him to everyone.
Paid (or co-pay): $100
RID: 1202269
06/07/10 4 4 4 4 He may be compassionate but he will give you any drugs u ask for. I was hooked on some just before I stopped seeing him. I called him my Dr. Feelgood....it was SO easy. Not good for a Dr to be like that just to keep a patient. Beware....or enjoy!  See Responses
RID: 1181839
03/06/10 5 5 5 5 Dr Larry Canton is the BEST doctor that I have ever had taking care of me. I suffer from diabetes, depression, obesity, high blood pressure, and chronic pain. Dr Canton takes the time to talk to you, he leaves word searches in the room for all to use while waiting, never leaving the room till I understand fully what is happening. His office is very clean, and the wait time is less than 15 minutes. Besides, he is a very handsome doctor. I would choose him beacause he is very good, and a god send in my situation.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1173131
19/05/10 5 5 5 5 I am stunned to hear anything bad about Dr. Canton, He always takes the time to listen and always gets me in within 24 hours of calling, orders whatever tests or referrals to specialists I need,if you have to wait past your appt time thats because he is trying to squeeze everyone in that calls, I dont care what hes done to an insurance company god knows they rip enough people off and there may be another side to the story we dont know about, he sees many people a day so if hes stareing at you while you talk in a way you dont like thats BECAUSE HES LISTENING TO YOUR PROBLEM, before I met him I could barely get out of bed from my arthritis and had a terrible quality of life at age 46 and couldnt even play with my 9 yr old, my life would be horrible without this doctor and I feel he really cares about his patients, I had two surgeons from a hospital send me to him after hearing other patients say how much they liked him, if you want great care and better quality of life go to this doctor
RID: 1092260
29/01/10 5 5 5 5 I thought Doctor Canton Was the best Doctor in the world untill I discovered his criminal background. It made the St. Petersburgh times many years ago and is still on the net. Doc Larry had his car towed under a different name then reported it stolen, then collected the money, as well as a bone density imaging machine he purposely damaged, and lied to insurance to collect money. In the end he owed over 60 grand. Using this Doctor for an accident case could cost you your settlement if he is called, as his honesty and credibility are obviously very low. Do yourself a favor and avoid this bipolar doctor like the plague!!! He is also very odd the more you get to know him, like Norman Bates odd.  Respond
RID: 1065670
29/12/09 5 5 5 5 Very good, the best doctor we have ever had. We've been seeing him for 15 years. Even though he baker acted me (Florida law for mandating a patient for drinking or being suicidal to a hospital for 3 days in the hospital) and I still see him, as does my husband for medical problems. He's very kind, understanding and knowledgable.  Respond
RID: 807451
04/03/09 4 4 5 5 This man has saved the lives of three members of my family. He saved me diabetic daughter when all the local endocrinologists had given up. She was going to be dead in about 5 years. He had saved my life by treating my health issues and riding me hard to lose weight. He even helped me with that and most of the things he prescribed were natural health herbs and stuff. I have currently lost 40 lbs. This guy is GOOD! Too bad there aren't more like him who care as much as he does.
Insurance: GHI
RID: 780214
03/02/09 5 5 5 5 Dr Canton is very helpful with my treatment. He has no problem if he doesn't know exactly what your issue is bringing in specialists.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 560508
03/04/08 5 1 5 4 Dr. Canton is very thorough in searching for the cause of an ailment. He is good at pain management without mind-dulling opiates, treating the root cause of chronic pain (in my case, an infected sinus) to address the symptom (terrible pain in my face). The wait, unfortunately, is usually about an hour before the appointment, but on the other hand, I've never had problems getting an emergency appointment. His staff is excellent as well.  Respond