Rate Dr. Neel Anand

Dr. Neel Anand's Ratings

If you have back pain, run,walk,crawl,get there in a wheelbarrow if you have to. I love Dr Anand!!!! I had spine surgery in 2013,and was feeling great. Twisted my back in the garage, went back to him, 4/2014 and he not only fixed "my undoing" but discovered I had other problems. He diagnosed me with osteoporosis, and got me started on a new med. He is at times abrupt, but as far as I am concerned, he is not only the best, but I will not let anyone else touch my back. I also think the highest for his PA/assistant, Sheila. She is a doll. What a team!!!! We drove over 300 miles for his expertise. This man and his team deserve Saint Hood.

Submitted June 24, 2014 | flag

Dr. Anand performed one surgery on my cervical spine, then a year later on my lumbar spine. i have lived my entire life with back problems and pain. not any more. this doctor "walks on water" as far as i am concerned. the pain in my spine has gotten so so so much better, i can not believe it. i would go no where else for back surgery. and recommend him very highly.

Submitted April 7, 2014 | flag

Incredibly disappointed.After almost a year and a half of documented SI joint dysfunction, met with Dr. Anand to discuss my options for post-3 SI joint injection treatments. After taking another day of work, driving three hours to see him, his bedside manner was the worst! He was annoyed with me that I didn't bring my MRI for my lumbar a year ago but I had a pelvic MRI in hand taken the night before. He and his office staff never told me to bring my old MRI as well. It would have been so easy to grab it on my way out the door if I had known he needed it. He said he would not even begin to advise me because I was unprepared - even though I had all my documented medical history and doctor visits, procedures, etc, outlined for him in a two-page document that he told me to put away. He rushed through the appointment and refused to agree with the diagnosis until he saw a lumbar MRI, of which he would not order. H did not even advise me as to where to go from here with my treatment.

Submitted Sept. 25, 2013 | flag

Dr Anand is amazing. Some of the staff members at the front desk did not seem to care one bit but he is absolutely amazing and caring. he was wonderful with me and never made me feel stupid. He ordered tests ASAP and they were done. He truly knows his stuff. And for the one with the nerve issue, that can happen with any doctor. It is not uncommon when dealing with the back and if you had done your research you would know that

Submitted Sept. 17, 2013 | flag

I had a severe case of Scoliosis and had 3 spine surgeries prior to 2012. The pain severly limited my enjoyment of life and I had lost 5" in height. I started a national search for a spine surgeon who could help me and I traveled last Octorber from Charlotte to Beverly Hills to meet with Dr Neel Anand. I returned in January and had 3 incisions on Thursday 1/19 and a 9 disc fusion, from T9 to S1 on Monday 1/23. 17 days later I flew back to Charlotte. I was not running foot races, but I could walk. Today, almost 10 months later, I am so much better and it is all because of Dr Anand. I am 71 year old WM and was in excellent health except for my spine. I found Dr Anand very straight forth, very professional and very confident. I was in Cedars-Sinai hospital for 20 days and I would give the hospital, staff & Dr Anand a triple A rating. I had a very hard time due to the intense pain for about 4 days, but the hospital and staff did everything possible to help me. Thank you Dr. Anand !!

Submitted Nov. 13, 2012 | flag

Dr. Anand is truly a phenomenal surgeon.My wife & I are very grateful that we were referred to him for my care.I had a very rare condition that could have resulted in paralysis.Due to Dr. Anand's care I am walking today!Not only did I have confidence in his ability to operate on my spine..I am impressed by his genuine compassion & his commitment to be so thorough in uncovering the root of my problem & resolving it with great care.His assistant Sheila is wonderful,too!During my surgery, which went over-time due to the unexpected findings,Sheila took care to visit my wife in the waiting area & explain what was taking place,reassuring her that I was stable & that the surgery was going well.After the surgery I've received excellent care & am encouraged by my prognosis.Also, Dr. Anand worked with 2 other surgeons,Dr. Baron & Dr. Johnson, to resolve my unique problem & I am forever incredibly grateful for everything they did for me!Thank you Dr. Anand for being a blessing to me and my wife!

Submitted Oct. 29, 2012 | flag

Run for the hills!!! Dr Anand did fusions on L3/4 and L4/5. First night I stood up I could not move my right foot. Had severe pain in the right leg. CT report showed he put a screw thru a nerve. He waited 5 days to operate again to remove that screw. I now have permanent nerve damage and live in chronic pain. During follow-up visits his arrogance was beyond belief. I finally had another surgery (different Dr.) to try and repair the damage and remove other screws that were impinging on nerves. You folks that had success with Dr. Anand, you were lucky.

Submitted May 29, 2012 | flag

Cured my sciatica due to a ruptured / herniated / slipped disc with a one hour out-patient surgery. Minimally invasive procedure (2" incision) meant very quick recovery (back to the office in 6 days and 80% recovered in 2 weeks).

Submitted May 1, 2012 | flag

Dr. Anand performed scoliosis surgery on me. I could not be happier after such a large and serious surgery. He is the best.

Submitted July 21, 2011 | flag

My pain in my lower back that was ruining the quality of my life is completly gone.Four months after the operation I am just feeling a little soreness.

Submitted March 3, 2011 | flag