Dr. Nina S. Yoshpe

Doctor (MD)

Location:
Long Beach, California Map External Link
Gender:F
Specialty:Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)
Website: socalearnosethroat.com External Link
Grad. Year: 1978

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 3.8 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 18 reviews. Dr. Nina S. Yoshpe has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Ear Nose and Throat (ENT)-related: ears, nose, throat, hearing loss, tonsillitis, nasal surgery, endoscopy, laryngology, reconstructive surgery of the head and neck, thyroid surgery, endoscopic sinus surgery, swallowing disorders, sleep apnea, vertigo
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4807293

06/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.9  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Nina" to "Nina S."
RID: 2769188
14/08/13 5 4 5 5 My husband is not fond of female Drs, however, Dr Yoshpe has changed his mind. She has proven to be knowledgeable and caring. I am so glad we were referred to her. I would recommend her to anyone who needs an ENT....She will tell you up front what she thinks is wrong and what she plans to do, there are no surprises and you k ow where you stand! To me she is the best....
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1549369
29/09/11 5 4 5 5 I was referred to Dr. Yoshpe for a second opinion and I am so happy that I saw her. The staff was friendly and gave me an appointment to see her in her Huntington Beach office soon. She took her time and explained in detail what my medical condition. She is the go to ENT, because she has a lot of experience and cares for her patients.
RID: 1449439
25/05/11 1 1 1 1 Have Blue Cross PPO, never can get a appointment, always 6-8wk out. Staff will not schedule anytime sooner. Why not just say, we're not accepting BlueCross PPO.
RID: 1285079
03/11/10 3 4 5 5 Dr Nina Yoshpe is very knowledgeable, kind, and thorough. Don't believe the negative stuff you read on this doctor. Its a busy office no doubt but she's a great doctor. I was referred to her by my PCP because my allergy symptoms were non-stop. Every day I experienced a mixed bag of congestion, sneezing, runny nose, etc. At least once a day someone would ask, "Do you have a cold"? I thought I'd tried everything. At my first meeting with Dr Yoshpe she said you don't have to live like this, I can help you, and she has! I can breath clearly now. She doesn't just treat the symptoms and send you on your way. She's worked with me to discover the cause and outlined a plan of action. She took her time and made sure I understood, agreed, and was comfortable. I'm eternally grateful to her. I highly recommend her to anyone searching for a top notch ENT. Go to the Long Beach office.
Insurance: Aetna
Respond

31/10/10 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 1282600
29/10/10 5 4 5 5 I had a great experience with the doctor who solved problems other ENT specialists did not recognize. I know that she would do everything possible for my family and me. I highly recommend her.
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 1281635
28/10/10 5 5 5 5 Despite all the negative comments on the web, I wanted to give this office the opportunity. Therefore, I made an appointment with Dr. Yoshpe and she is absoulutely phenomenal. She knows what she is doing has a lot of experience. She is a very caring Physician. The office was pleasant and efficient.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1215689
26/07/10 1 1 5 5 Staff at Los Alamitos office stinks much better at Long Beach office, but Dr. is excellent
RID: 1191808
17/06/10 1 1 2 5 my appointment has been rescheduled 4 times and moved to a different office. The staff is disorganized. Be prepared to WAIT,WAIT WAIT and wait some more.
RID: 1161817
03/05/10 3 1 1 3 After waiting over an hour and a half, Dr. Yoshpe took a two second peek in my two year olds throat and said he needed surgery. She told us not to worry, that she would do the worrying for us. She dodged our questions, didn't provide any reasoning, explanations, assurance, etc. She was beyond brief and to the point. She had NO bedside manner and she showed no caring what-so-ever.
RID: 1081057
16/01/10 5 4 5 5 Dr. Yoshpe is very professional and knowledgeable. She doesn't waste time in identifying a problem and finding a solution.
RID: 1016768
23/10/09 1 1 1 3 Very disappointed! I waited in the lobby with my daughter for well over an hour before I had to leave. This was my 2nd visit (the first time was much the same). Trying to get answers/direction from that staff has also been a pain. Customer service definitely isn't the strong point of this office. My daughter is supposed to have surgery in a few days, and now I'm considering canceling and finding another doctor. My faith in the competency of this doctor's office and it's staff is waning quickly.  Respond
RID: 999141
30/09/09 1 1 5 4 I waited THREE HOURS to see the doctor for FIVE MINUTES. They said, "This happens all the time. We get complaints from everyone." I truly think Dr. Yoshpe and Dr. Wilner are very good surgeons, however, when it comes to office visits, I've never seen such a disaster. First of all, I never knew what doctor or assistant I’d get. I couldn’t even be guaranteed that a doctor would be in the building at (or anywhere close to) my appointment time. And after waiting, I got very little face time. In fact, even on the day of my surgery, Doctor Yoshpe didn't speak face-to-face with me or anyone in my family. When I tried to make my “doctor ordered” one week follow-up appointment, I was told they were booked and they would try to squeeze me in. So, they knew I would need that appointment a month ago and didn't bother to make room for it! There is no insight! What a shame they think it's ok to be so disrespectful of their patients' time. Their system is in serious need of a complete overhaul!
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 838765
22/03/09 4 4 5 5 Dr. Yoshpe has been extremely helpful to my family. She has treated my children and husband. She has spent the time to answer all our questions before and after procedures. We feel like she treats ours children like they were her own.
RID: 825892
11/03/09 1 1 2 4 I've heard wonderful things about this doctor, and I think she is very capable. But, her staff is completely disorganized. I had to call 5 times to confirm that they received an ultrasound they ordered from a local imaging center. I had to call 3 times to schedule surgery for my son. And then twice to cancel the surgery. Her staff was very rude - even hung up on me once! On multiple occasions I've had to wait 2 hours to see her. And, becuase she is so busy, she doesn't have time to spend with you explaining what is wrong with your child. Turns out, my son has a thyroglossal duct cyst which requires a hospital stay and tubes after removal. She didn't mention any of this to us. No explanation of the extent of the surgery or the recuperation time. She just said what he had is 'abnormal' and should be removed and kids recuperate quickly, so don't worry. She was in and out of our appointment in 3 minutes!
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 727270
21/11/08 5 5 5 5 My son was at Long Beach Memorial hospital for a MONTH... Dr. Yoshpe was the ONLY Dr. who would listent to us,actually found my son's problem and ultimately SAVED his life! Dr Yoshpe was more than wonderful to us, and we are VERY grateful for her. In a world where Dr's think that they know more than the parents... Dr Yoshpe understands that a mother and father may very well have insight into the problem!
RID: 638511
14/07/08 1 3 1 1 I took my daughter to her because she has constant hoarseness. The doctor was going to put a scope down her nose and look in her throat. My daughter told her that she had fainted before at a doctor's office and was uncomfortable. Nevertheless, Dr. Yoshpe proceeded to numb her nose with the long Q tips. She then had my daughter stand up and look at chart and while she was standing, Dr. Yoshpe decided to place two more numbing Q tips in her nose. At that point, my daughter passed out and stopped breathing. Dr. Yoshpe called out to call 911. When my daughter came to, Dr. Yoshpe left the room and did not come back. We were left in the room alone with the door shut. My daughter was having trouble breathing and was very numb. When I opened the door to ask for oxygen, the staff went to find the doctor and Dr. Yoshpe said we don't have oxygen here. Take her to the ER. She was rude, unprofessional and uncaring. I think she was worried about being sued.
Insurance: GHI
RID: 560414
02/04/08 1 1 4 2 Took my son to see the Doctor. She showed up 1/2 hour late. Then we had to wait an additional 1/2 hour. Barely looked at my son and prescribed antibiotics. Did not explain dosage or treatment. When later called office for explanation of dosage (prescription said 4 refills of antibiotic??) was not treated very nicely. Took me 2 1/2 days after talking to numerous employees to get answer and I'm still not sure if they actually spoke to her. Decided to cancel next appointment and find another doctor. Had to call twice before my appointment was canceled. Doctor has too many offices, staff is very disorganized and rude. Doctor seemed nice when she spoke to us but spent very little time with us and didn't explain dosage.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user