Dr. Neil W. Lyman

Grad. Year: 1973

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 5.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Neil W. Lyman has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Nephrologist (kidney)-related: kidney disorders, diabetes, and renal failure, dialysis, kidney transplants, urinary system, kidney system
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

19/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5
RID: 5592775
02/07/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Lyman is, above all, a concerned, experienced, supportive, knowledgeable practitioner. His personable, humanistic qualities make him someone easy to relate to and to trust. Dr. Lyman is a rare find in a world of increasing dehumanization in our health care systems.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 5431272
29/04/14 5 5 5 5 Dr Neul Lyman is truly a fine Dr with an excellent bedside manor, unfortunately if you disagree with his methods he becomes upset. I started seeing Dr Lyman sept of 2013.because I was in my last stages if kidney failure. I work in the med field and I heard good things about him after a couple of months Dr Lyman saidi I should get ready to have surgery for my figulia implant so I did. Unfortunately I was not a good canidate for dialysis and I decided not to continue it. Dr Lyman was really upset and told me I would die within 2-weeks, but 6 months later I"am still here with no dialysis treatments and the good Dr is baffled. Now my problem Iwith the good Dr is that he is now refusing to fill out my disability papers because I refuse treatment. He saying things like I should be mentally evaluated. I started requesting my paperwork on apr 11 iit is now apt 30th. When I call his office they tell me someone will call me back but they don"t.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Neil" to "Neil W."
RID: 2910154
13/10/13 4 4 5 5 Dr. Lyman is the best nephrologist. He takes his time to review all aspect of my kidney health care and eagerly answer whatever questions I have.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 2503434
17/12/12 5 5 5 5 excellent doctor. kind,helpful,great diagnostician
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 699338
09/10/08 5 5 5 5 I am Dr. Lyman's patient for more than 12 years. He is the best kidney doctor you can ask for. His expertise with his great staff has been very helpful to me all the years.
Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield
RID: 559878
07/04/08 4 4 5 5 Dr. Lyman is considered to be the top in his field. I have had two other doctors tell me "a patient will never find a doctor more intelligent then Neil Lyman". I have some serious health concerns and he always takes the time to talk with me, not to me. He is caring, compassionate and understanding.
Insurance: Oxford