Rate Dr. Karen O'Neill

Dr. Karen O'Neill's Ratings

I have seen the poor reviews and was expecting the worse, but was pleasantly surprised. Her receptionist was amazing - kind and friendly. I went to see Dr. O'Neil regarding a mole that I was worried about and she removed it. She was knowledgeable, reassuring and friendly. The procedure was done well and she answered all my questions right away. I would go back to see her again for medical care.

Submitted April 2, 2014 | flag

Have been a patient for over 7 years. Was informed by receptionist that Dr.O'Neill is no longer accepting "new " patients. When I explained I am not new but a returning patient - I was told if I had not been seen within the past year I am not considered an active patient. If I had known about this new policy I would have had my doctor refer me sooner!! Now I must find a new dermatologist and I suppose pay to have all my files transferred to this new doctor. Receptionist was rude to boot. Very disappointed.

Submitted Oct. 28, 2013 | flag

Don't bother seeing her if you're a man. She rushed me right out of her office and was of no help. It's seems she's only interested in selling her products to women.

Submitted Jan. 7, 2013 | flag

Friendly, but not anyone I would ever recommend for Botox injections. Ended up with a very crooked smile, which I will give her credit for she tried to correct, but just made it worse.

Submitted Dec. 16, 2012 | flag

We found the staff rude and in todays society there is no reason to be that way.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2012 | flag

..was a 1st time patient today. I got lost on the way to the office, called reception and got very helpful directions. Receptionist was pleasant and professional. The doctor was on time. Karen O'Neil was extremely courteous, knowledgeable, and friendly. She diagnosed the issue quickly, explained to me why it happened, and referred me to a specialist to get it treated. I was expecting the worst based on these reviews, but my experience with her was extremely positive.

Submitted March 23, 2012 | flag

I was referred from another Dr's office for cosmetic treatments. I called and left a couple of messages and even sent an email hoping for someone to return my messages. After a few weeks I gave up and took my business elsewhere. I now go to the McLean Clinic in Mississauga and was pleasantly happy with their service and my treatment. I've even sent a few of my friends there now. Dr Oneill's office has lost out on hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Submitted Jan. 4, 2012 | flag

I am disappointed in the comments I have read on this site. I waited for 6 months for my appointment and on arrival the staff were courteous. Dr. O'Neill was friendly and took the time to ask me many questions to help determine the cause of my skin condition. Finally, her diagnosis was the same as my GP's but recommended a much stronger cream to help the condition. After only 48 hours I can see improvement. I highly recommend this specialist.

Submitted Oct. 15, 2011 | flag

Overall I was disappointed with Dr. O'Neil. I had to wait 6 months to get an appointment with her. Then when I arrived at the office, she spent only 10 minutes to see me. I felt rushed, didn't feel comfortable, and when I had an additional question she said she had no time. Also, I felt that she was promoting her other services. Really disappointed. I decided not to proceed with my laser surgery with her and have opted to look for a more friendly, approachable dermatologist elsewhere.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2011 | flag

I have had nothing but fantastic service and care from Dr. O'Neill and her staff. Her staff is very nice on the phone and in person. Her office is very well run and organized. I very rarely wait more than 10 min after my appointment time. They always phone me to remind me of my appointments and when she referred me to a plastic surgeon it was very fast. Her staff phoned me and gave me all the details of my appointment with the plastic surgeon and when I misplaced the information they cheerfully gave me all the details again! Dr. O'Neill is always in such a cheerful mood and never makes me feel rushed or unimportant. She even remembers conversations we have had in the past and asks how things are. Before I leave she always makes sure to tell me to make a follow up appointment in 6 months with the receptionist.

Submitted Aug. 8, 2011 | flag