Rate Dr. Karen O'Neill

Dr. Karen O'Neill's Ratings

Apparently in an attempt to see O'Neill, following a wild goose chase for 2 months with instructions to send a referral by my doctor, only to be finally told by the receptionist that they are not accepting new patients. My only conclusion is that O'Neill is apparently selective with who to see based on what is written on the referral. Her website clearly does not indicate that they are closed to new patients. Looks like a marketing ploy to appear self-important.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2577115].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. O'Neill for over 10 years. She is always very friendly and remembers my file. When I had a precancer skin issue, she got me in with a plastic surgeon practically the next day for removal - possibly saving my life with her early identification. She even answers questions I have about my kids skin issues during my appointments with her - something not all drs will do. I highly recommend her to anyone looking for a dermatologist. She is highly knowledgeable. Never have had an issue with her staff being rude or unfriendly as the other reviews suggest.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2557964].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 30, 2014

I have seen the poor reviews and was expecting the worse, but was pleasantly surprised. Her receptionist was amazing - kind and friendly. I went to see Dr. O'Neil regarding a mole that I was worried about and she removed it. She was knowledgeable, reassuring and friendly. The procedure was done well and she answered all my questions right away. I would go back to see her again for medical care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2464019].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 2, 2014

Have been a patient for over 7 years. Was informed by receptionist that Dr.O'Neill is no longer accepting "new " patients. When I explained I am not new but a returning patient - I was told if I had not been seen within the past year I am not considered an active patient. If I had known about this new policy I would have had my doctor refer me sooner!! Now I must find a new dermatologist and I suppose pay to have all my files transferred to this new doctor. Receptionist was rude to boot. Very disappointed.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2075558].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 28, 2013

Don't bother seeing her if you're a man. She rushed me right out of her office and was of no help. It's seems she's only interested in selling her products to women.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2075557].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 7, 2013

Friendly, but not anyone I would ever recommend for Botox injections. Ended up with a very crooked smile, which I will give her credit for she tried to correct, but just made it worse.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2075556].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2012

We found the staff rude and in todays society there is no reason to be that way.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2075555].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 8, 2012

..was a 1st time patient today. I got lost on the way to the office, called reception and got very helpful directions. Receptionist was pleasant and professional. The doctor was on time. Karen O'Neil was extremely courteous, knowledgeable, and friendly. She diagnosed the issue quickly, explained to me why it happened, and referred me to a specialist to get it treated. I was expecting the worst based on these reviews, but my experience with her was extremely positive.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2075554].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 23, 2012

I was referred from another Dr's office for cosmetic treatments. I called and left a couple of messages and even sent an email hoping for someone to return my messages. After a few weeks I gave up and took my business elsewhere. I now go to the McLean Clinic in Mississauga and was pleasantly happy with their service and my treatment. I've even sent a few of my friends there now. Dr Oneill's office has lost out on hundreds if not thousands of dollars.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2075561].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2012

I am disappointed in the comments I have read on this site. I waited for 6 months for my appointment and on arrival the staff were courteous. Dr. O'Neill was friendly and took the time to ask me many questions to help determine the cause of my skin condition. Finally, her diagnosis was the same as my GP's but recommended a much stronger cream to help the condition. After only 48 hours I can see improvement. I highly recommend this specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2075553].votes_count ]]