Dr. Michael Coppa

Grad. Year: 1987

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 31 reviews. Dr. Michael Coppa has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Q: Does he do ultrasounds on the office?    Email me    Answer it

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5509926
03/06/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Coppa has been My OBGYN For many years and is an excellent doctor. He and his staff have always been wonderful to me and I highly recommend him. No complaints.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 5450710
07/05/14 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr Coppa for over 15 yrs. The office staff is friendly and always willing to help but Dr. Coppa is the reason that I stay. He always makes me feel comfortable in discussing any problems I may have.  Respond

30/04/14 SYSTEM: 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed
RID: 5338813
09/04/14 5 5 5 5 Dr.Coppa is a fantastic doctor who is very helpful and knowledgeable and i would recommend him to anyone if needed  Respond
RID: 5337431
08/04/14 5 5 5 5 DR. Coppa is an awesome doctor. He is very knowledgeable and can usually pin point exactly what is wrong and how to solve it right away. He has always been there when my mom or I needed him. He brought my son into this world healthy and safely. If I were to have another in his care. I have been a patient of his for over 15 years.
RID: 5335460
07/04/14 1 2 4 3 We are awaiting our appointment!. His staff lacks appropriate people skills. We came to our appointment on time. When my wife went to the window, upon entering, a blonde assistant snapped at her, in an elevated voice and said, "you need to go sit down, over there until I call your name!" When called up to the desk, the fifty-something woman was not apologetic at all. When my wife tried to explain to the receptionist that she thought it was common practice to check in, the woman went on about her conversation with her coworker. My wife went on to apologize by saying, I did not intend to ease drop, I was just checking in. It wasn't until I pointed out to the secretary that she was short, rude, and communicated in an unacceptable tone, by ordering my wife to sit down, did she recognize her behavior as questionable.  Respond
RID: 5322819
02/04/14 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Coppas for twenty or more years. I have had a few minor issues and he has always taken very good care of me. He has a great bedside manor and I trust him completely.
RID: 5316704
29/03/14 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Coppa for approx 14 yrs. I enjoy all the staff, his professionalism, and bedside manner  Respond
RID: 5306933
25/03/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Coppa and his staff are wonderful. They are friendly. You do not feel like you are being rushed by Dr. Coppa. He takes his time and makes sure you understand everything and if not he will explain it so you will understand it. I would highly recommend them to others.  Respond
RID: 5276072
18/03/14 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Coppa's for 16 years. He delivered both of my sons and he is the best. I would highly recommend him.
RID: 5215159
28/02/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Coppa takes the necessary time to make sure that I understand everything being discussed. He delivered my first child and will be delivering my second child. His staff is always friendly and responsive. He has a lab right in the office making testing extremely convenient.
RID: 5214900
27/02/14 5 5 5 5 Dr. Coppa is an excellent doctor and has been my doctor for the last 16yrs. I have gone through two pregnancies and have three children. He has always been attentive and answered any questions or concerns that I have had. His office staff are very pleasant and I feel as though they are very accommodating.
RID: 5197357
20/02/14 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. A Michael Coppa for the last 16 years. I have never had a more professional, friendly, calming and friendly OB. He delivered both of my children and sat with me through both labors. He always makes me feel as though my concerns and worries are top priority and I am extremely comfortable to talk with him. My husband and I fully trust him and his diagnosis. He has performed a partial hysterectomy, tied my tubes and removed one ovary, with very little recovery because it was done so well. Any problems I have ever had have always been treated with urgency and results were always quick. I travel from Attleboro Mass, to Cranston RI just to have him as my doctor. I would never switch to another doctor. I have referred friends to him and always praise his practice. I feel extremely lucky to have found him and his staff, who are just as wonderful and helpful.
Insurance: Harvard-Pilgrim
RID: 5197172
20/02/14 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Coppa's for almost 15 years. He is a wonderful OB/GYN and the negative comments left on this site are a complete shock! I have had two children and during both pregnancies he was very attentive, listened to my questions and always made time for discussion. Now I visit only once each year for an anual exam and our interaction is as if we saw each other often. He is a very caring doctor and I would recommend him to ANYONE!  Respond
RID: 5197115
20/02/14 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Coppa's for over 10 years. He was my ob/gyn for both of my pregnancies, including my son who was born at only 23 gestation. Almost 11 years later, he still asks how he is when I'm in for a visit. Dr Coppa is always extremely professional, friendly, and genuinely cares about his patients. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who is looking for the perfect doctor. He will put you immediately at ease, address any concerns you may have, and answer any and all questions with knowledge and compassion. I can not say enough good things about Dr Coppa! He is the best!  Respond
RID: 3641642
23/12/13 4 2 1 1 Worst experience ever! I needed a doctor who I can call if I needed a simple question to be answered- after all, he is my doctor. Each incident that I had called- he's either not on call or his answer was 'go to the hospital'. I feel like he treated me like a number and not as a caring patient. Each doctor visit- I feel like it was a waste of time. He's never gone over any of my test results nor took his time to answer my questions. I hate the treatment that I receive there and this is why I am switching doctor. Marked my words- I will NEVER refer him to any of my family and friends!  See Responses
RID: 3611329
21/11/13 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Coppa for now over 7 years, and he's a Companionate, understanding, and very professional. I don’t understand how that patient who claimed he was inappropriate to her can say that, he’s nothing but respectful and I’m sure he wanted to make her feel comfortable, sorry you must be one of those woman that if a man looks at you. He must want you. I know four friends who are also his patient, and I have never heard any of them say, Dr. Coppa crossed the line. I would refer any friend to his practice.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 2743451
01/08/13 5 5 5 5 I had a great pregnancy and delivery w dr coppa. His staff is excellent.
Paid (or co-pay): $15
RID: 2696529
28/06/13 5 5 5 5 My friend just had a hysterectomy done by Dr.Coppa. She was back at work in one week because he did it without cutting her! Not sure how he did it but I would go to him in a second if I ever needed one!
RID: 2560331
15/02/13 4 5 5 4 Dr.Coppa has been my gyno for 10 yrs and is the first dr. i ever had that DIDN'T make me feel like a number. He is kind and smart.
RID: 2301016
28/06/12 5 4 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr. Coppa for many years and I felt compelled to write a rebuttal to two of the previous comments. I also work for Women and Infants Hospital and I am frequently rotated to work in his office. I have had the opportunity to observe him in his interaction with both his patients and his staff. He is a well respected doctor in his medical field and at Women and Infants. He has always treated me with respect and patience and takes time to answer any and all of my questions. Perhaps if he appeared "unkempt", which I have never witnessed, it was because he was post call; and if the breast exam seemed to be taking longer than usual, maybe he was being thorough and perhaps he felt something. The "smile" may have been an attempt to put the patient at ease. His office staff is courteous and the wait is usually negligible. As a mother of two daughters, I would refer them to him and feel confident that the were receiving top notch care by a dedicated and caring physician.
RID: 2242367

13/06/12 4 4 1 1 Very impersonal. Dr.Coppa is a horrible ginecologist Frankly, you will feel like a piece of meat being examined. He doesn't make any connection with his patients and doesn't give you the confidence to express any concerns nor ask any questions. I think he's just in for the money doesn't look like he cares at all.
See Responses
RID: 1678213

05/01/12 3 3 1 1 I had a terrible experience with Dr. Coppa. He was half asleep and had an unkempt appearance. He then spent an unusual amount of time on my breast exam. I asked him why and he said, "no reason, just looking" and smiled. I felt he was very inappropriate and I was just too naive to ask that a CNA be present for the internal exam/breast exam.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
See Responses
RID: 1284390
02/11/10 4 5 5 5 Dr Coppa is an amazing DR. I have been a patient of his for about 6 years and I am pregnant with my second child. I couldnt imagine having another DR deliver my baby.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1202151
05/07/10 5 5 5 5 I have gone to Dr. Coppa for many years. I was passed having babies when I started with him. I had to have a few medical things done. I cant say enough good things about the man ,he cares and you know it. There is a peace and trust that he gives you. I hope reads this >Just a very simple thank-you.for being there
RID: 1085144
21/01/10 3 5 5 5 The staff will bring you into a room that has little privacy and ask you personal questions that the patients in the waiting room can possibly hear. This is not to say that it the staff's fault. Doctor Coppa is pleasant and competent. He needs a larger office in Smithfield.  Respond
RID: 1054404
10/12/09 5 5 5 5 I absolutely adore Dr. Coppa and all of his staff. They are the most courteous, helpful, and thorough people! I have been a patient there for almost 8 years and would never think about going anywhere else. I highly recommend him and anyone in his office!
RID: 906782
07/06/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Coppa was suggested to me by a family member and i had never seen any doctor until i was 26 and pregnant with my first child. Everyone at the Cranston building itself is just wonderful and i never feel like i am in a 'scary' doctors office! They are all extremely personable, and they even ask about my son who is now three by first name! A truly excellent group of people!
RID: 767551
19/01/09 3 5 5 5 when neither my midwife could show up and my doctor did not even know I was in labor, the on call doctor for themwhowed up( Dr.Coppa) as I had a planfor my delivery that fell through this doctor was very sweet and very kind I am actually happy that he delivered my baby.
RID: 633625
08/07/08 5 5 5 5 At first, I was totally hesitant at having a male doctor, but as soon as I saw him, I felt comfortable instantly, He's just an all around great guy and if you have any questions, he definitely helps you out.
RID: 599796
27/05/08 5 5 5 4 Dr. Coppa is a very nice guy, on top of being a receptive, concerned doctor. I have always felt involved in my own care with him. If I have an idea or question, he's always willing to talk about it without making me feel stupid.
RID: 558862
06/04/08 5 5 5 5 This is the nicest doctor you ever want to meet. I can't say enough about him but I'm glad he's my doctor.
* - Rating left by a registered user