Rate Dr. Donald C. Lanza

Dr. Donald C. Lanza's Ratings

Knowledgeable doctor but him personally lost a very important very vital scan and then lost another CT AND MRI of mine personally. Then after paying cash because they didn't accept my insurance plan, I found out by accident through friends of an insurance company that they were paying one third of my bills but still charging me fully and then denied multiple times that no insurance was paying for anything. Finally and only after multiple attempts to recoup my monies and threat by the insurance company of fraud did they send me a check after 4 MONTHS!! Then in prep for surgery for he MADE me see HIS GI Doc and HIS dentist even though I have both of my own. Felt like some kickbacks there to me. Both were 5 min appointments for no reason. So after all that he wanted me to pay for ANOTHER CT scan because they lost the others! Then on next visit to set up surgery and many months he told me he was abandoning me and to see the only other doc in FL to perform this surgey 4 hours from my city!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2427796].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

I went to Dr. Lanza for a third opinion, as I was previously recommended to have sinus surgery, and this made me uneasy. I asked around, including my neighbor who is an ENT sales rep for medical equipment in the area, and he said Dr. Lanza is the best in the southeast US. Apparently he has literally written some of the chapters in the ENT textbooks, and lectures all over the world. It was the best medical experience I've had. He spent lots of time getting to know me and what was important to me. Everything was explained well. And where others wanted to perform surgery, he did not. Less than 1 week after during some special nasal rinses, I am feeling so much better. I am so thankful to have made this appointment. As someone in the medical field myself, I realize something the general public may not know- not all doctors are the same. It is worth the long drive for me to see someone who provides a superior service.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][834820].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 18, 2013

Dr. Lanza is most certainly the best doctor that I have ever had the pleasure of seeing. He is one of the foremost authorities in otolaryncology research, though he has the attentive manner of a family doctor. He cleared his schedule to perform an emergency surgery to remove a possibly cancerous growth from my sinus cavity. He and his staff made all the arrangements and saw to it that I was taken care of on every level.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][834819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 9, 2010

The Most caring, gentle, thorough Dr. you'll ever find. Incredibly knowledgeable in his field - tops to be exact. If you're going to him you know you've reached the best.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][834818].votes_count ]]