Rate Dr. Mark J. Downey

Dr. Mark J. Downey's Ratings

Wonderfull experience. Everyone knowledgeable and courteous. Was in and out of office within 1 hr. Will definitly use again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][834995].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 29, 2014

Sticks a needle in you and that's about it. If you call his office/staff multiple times in excruciating pain asking for advice or help (NOT meds, god forbid) you won't ever get a response, literally. He will never be on time for any blocks, not even to save his life. Plan ahead for him being at least an hr late for anything you schedule with him. Sure, he's very knowledgeable about his field, and, well, that's really the only good thing to say. Find somebody else.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][834994].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 14, 2013

After seeing orthopedist, I was referred to Dr. Downey for a block in my neck. I have never had this sort of problem and was quite nervous. I was told that if I scheduled for him to do the block, I could get right in. But if I wanted to meet with him first to discuss it, I would be scheduled 6 weeks out. I just wasn't comfortable with going that route. I work for a doctor who referred me to another doctor. This doctor prefers to meet with his patients before determining exactly what needs to be done.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][834993].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 17, 2013

Nice enough fellow, but a one trick pony. I totally agree with one of the other reviews. His primary mode of managing pain is through the use of steroid spine injections. He will allow up to 3 of these pain "blocks" over the course of a few months. If you don't feel better, his only answer is to wait until your body can once again tolerate another series of spinal injections. I have seen him many times (perhaps 5 or 6 times). It also consistently runs late for both his in-clinic appointments, but also his out-patient procedures. The man DOES NOT run on time.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][834992].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 4, 2013

Not pain management, very unknowledgeable reagarding pain, unless you fit into the mold of three pain blocks, then surgery. otherwise, he shows aggravation if you are still in pain. I called to make an appt. and staff told me that I was not allowed to see MD unless I paid 20.00 balance, I said, of course, however, my concern is over the hundreds of my own patients I have sent there over the years that may not be able to pay their balance right then, billing confirmed that they would be left to hurt. Very concerning. I found a new physician, who gave me pain relief immediately with a nerve root block, and has scheduled my surgery. I am angry that I wasted a year in so much pain because of Dr Downey's incompetence and limited scope of practice.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][834991].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 19, 2012

It takes a RIDICULOUS amount of time to get a pain block appointment!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][834990].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 5, 2012

Dr. Downey is such a great doctor. He listens to what you are saying and doesn't make you feel like you are an idiot for telling him about your pain. He takes his time with you and really tries to get to the root of the problem. I would recommend him to anyone. Great doctor!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][834989].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 15, 2011

I received great care. Dr. Downey seemed very knowledgeable and discussed my options in detail. Everyone was very friendly, helpful, and professional. My treatment plan is conservative and allows me to return to work without being sedated by medications. I was very impressed with the entire office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][834988].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2009

great bedside manner. doesn't liketo see his patient's in pain.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][834987].votes_count ]]