Rate Dr. Joshua A. Jakum

Dr. Joshua A. Jakum's Ratings

Dr. Jakum completely botched our son's circumcision and after the fact attempted to pass it on as a common occurrence. After seeing a specialist we were informed it isn't very common and the obvious mistake that was made. He also didn't seem very concerned despite the fact our son was having a lot of issues urinating. After seeing the specialist our less than 3 month old had to have emergency surgery to fix the issue. His staff was not very helpful in forwarding medical records or assisting in any way. We are currently in the process of finding a more competent Pediatrician.

Submitted Aug. 25, 2014 | flag

Dr. Jakum is very friendly, thorough, and professional. He addressed the concerns I had about my 8 year old and the migraines he's been having. I felt very comfortable and at ease with Dr. Jakum and his staff. I highly recommend him.

Submitted July 24, 2013 | flag

Dr. Jakum had written my son's ADHD medication rx for over a year and decided he needed a new psych eval. He told us he would not write another rx until we got the eval. We had the evaluations done, but didn't have the results yet due to insurance/provider change and my son was out of meds. He would not write one more month without the eval. He would not even call to explain why he would not write it. He drew a line in the sand regardless of the effect no medication would have on my son at school and in spite of the opinion of the psych office. Needless to say we have changed pediatricians.

Submitted Feb. 7, 2012 | flag

Absolutely wonderful doctor! He is very good at being patient and answering what you think would be ridiculous questions, I have recommended him to 4 friends already, if he moved to a practice 2 hours away, I'd drive the distance for him to stay my sons doctor!

Submitted Feb. 27, 2011 | flag

Terrible and disorganized staff. They misspelled our child's name on the first visit and then ended up having 2 files for the child. After 3 visits, it still wasn't corrected. Jakum is competent, knowledgeable and kind, but the office is like a factory and despite seeing Jakum 3x in a 2 month time period, he had no clue who we were. His nurse is very incompetent - almost stuck our baby with the wrong needle, but realized the mistake and then pointed it out to us, which I'm not sure we actually needed to know.

Submitted Sept. 7, 2010 | flag

Dr. Jakum is extremely clinical and if he does not have the answer he refers to outside experts immediately. While he is extremely knowledgeable, he still retains a warm bedside manner for your child. With Dr. Jackum you know your child is getting the best medical treatment possible and what more could you ask for as a parent!

Submitted May 18, 2009 | flag

Dr. Jakum is very friendly and takes time to really talk with you and your child. He is incredibly thorough. Very upbeat and charismatic. I have never been made to feel rushed while my child and I are with him. He takes the time to really listen and take action. He is a good person which is why he is such a great doctor.

Submitted April 4, 2008 | flag