Dr. Theodore J. Chu

Grad. Year: 1963

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 11/08/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.0 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 6 reviews. Dr. Theodore J. Chu has a good overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Allergist / Immunologist-related: fever, asthma, hives, allergies, hay fever, food allergy, chemical allergy, insect allergy, drug allergy
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 4779624

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 4.7  Respond

08/04/12 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Theodore" to "Theodore J."
RID: 486334
17/01/08 5 4 2 4 Staff is nice, the doctor himself is stuffy and bureaucratic, "follow the guidelines" type who would not go out of his way to help the patient.  Respond
RID: 373849
26/07/07 5 5 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Chu for over five years for allergy injections. He has always been very friendly and helpful to me. He spends extra time in our appointments to answer questions, without trying to rush to the next appointments. His staff is great, too.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 354122
26/06/07 3 3 5 He is one of the best in this field on the Peninsula. I have been through multiple episodes of giant hives with him and although he can't cure them, he is there for you and prescribes the best he can.  Respond
RID: 46573
20/09/06 3 5 5 Dr. Chu really helped me out. He took a lot of extra time with me, and diagnosed the actual problem. Instead of spending 15 minutes with me and getting me out the door like most doctors, he kept talking to me until he fully understood the problem at hand. He gave me every test I needed, and ruled out many previous incorrect diagnoses. After solving two issues, he referred me to another excellent doctor that took care of the third.
Insurance: Aetna
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 13679
14/10/05 3 1 3 My wife brought my 3 year old daughter in to get tested for allergies. She has had hives for over a month now, and previous allergy test came out negative. In the doctor’s office, my kid was acting like a kid. According to Dr Chu, our daughter was uncooperative. He told my wife that he has seen better behaving 3year olds, telling her to discipline my daughter. He then refused to waist his nurses’ time to conduct the tests, telling her to come back again. A few minutes later, he said she does not need to do any tests, because it will probably come out negative anyway. A) He is not a psychic to tell the results before testing, B) Refusing to test a child bases on the fact a child is acting like a child is unacceptable, C) IF my daughter does have a severe allergic reaction such as anaphylactic reaction to something that could have been tested, he is going to be responsible. D) I am tired of doctors that do not care. E) He is a malpractice case ready to happen.
Paid (or co-pay): $10