Dr. Andres Forero-Torres

Grad. Year: 1982

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 11 reviews. Dr. Andres Forero-Torres has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Oncologist / Hematologist-related: cancer, lymphoma, anemia, sickle cell, breast cancer, lung cancer, melanoma, leukemia, blood disease, tumors, radiation, chemotherapy, CML
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

05/02/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.5
RID: 1526157
30/08/11 5 5 5 5 Excellent bedside manner, very caring and compassinate. Does not rush you when asking questions and explains your options in layman terms. The staff is also very knowledgeable and helpful. Everone whom I have spoken to say that he is still the same as he was when they became a patient years ago. We are truly blessed to have such wonderful dedicated phyicians, researchers, nurses etc. working at UAB.
RID: 1325430
02/01/11 1 1 1 3 Dr. Forero has been treating me for MALT Lymphoma for 2.5 years now. In that time he has told me no worries, this is a low grade cancer we treat with prevpac(oral pills). The cacer came back twice, again treated with prevac, every three months i had upper and lower GI and pet test. I told him numerous times that I have lumps on my neck which he disregarded, finally my last pet test and a biopsy of one of the lumps revealed Mantle Cell Lymphoma. He is an expert, and mis-diogonosed me for over two years. He immediately put me through 6 cycles of chem, refused to give me specifics about mantle and constantly told me during chemo everything looks good, at the end of the 6th cycle we will do maintenance for 2 years. On the last vist he finally broke the news to me that mantle was not curable and very agressive, and referred me to a stem cell specialist, now i have to go through 9 days of hospitalized chem 10 times stronger than the first cycles, and a clean room for 4 weeks.
RID: 1049128
03/12/09 4 3 5 5 I love Dr. Forrero. There are not enough good things I can say about him. He is very knowledgeable, and caring! When I saw him recently and mentioned that I was having trouble seeing a doctor that I had been referred to he said "Let me see what I can do." I thought you are not going to be able to do anything but give it a try. Well instead of waiting 3 months I was able to get an appointment within 2 weeks. Which considering the specialtists I was seeing was very good! I would recommend him to anyone needing an oncologists.
RID: 1036091
17/11/09 5 4 5 5 Dr. Forrero has been my doctor for about 6 years now. He is wonderful, caring, knowledgeable, funny I agree with a poster below me that said they actually enjoyed their visit with him. He may not be the most puntucal oncologist around but considering the speciality I can understand that. He is wonderful and there are not enough good things to say about him.
RID: 881141
07/05/09 5 4 5 5 I've been a patient of Dr. Forero's for 8 years. I'm a three time cancer survivor (two colo-rectal, one lung/colo-rectal matasticized cell) thanks to Dr. Forero. He's the best there is. When I first moved to Alabama and had a cancer recurrence, I was going to go back north for treatments at Slone-Kettering in NYC. They told me to check out Kirklin Clinic and UAB. Dr. Forero saw me and literally help my hand getting me through the system. I bagan my treatments in less than 5 days after my first visit with him. He's been there for me every step of the way. You can't go wrong with God and Dr. Forero on your side.
RID: 559601
07/04/08 5 4 5 5 Wow, what a phenomenal physician! After having dealt with an oncologist at Brookwood who had about as much personality as a pencil eraser and did not think it was important to listen to his patient's complaints, it was more than refreshing to see Dr. Forero. Please only go to this doctor if you think you deserve to be treated with respect and dignity and if you feel that it is your right as patient to have a doctor who will actually listen to you! It only took Dr. Forero one visit to formulate a treatment plan that actually addressed and alleviated my Mother's long-standing pain issues. He has a charming personality, and his professional qualifiations cannot be topped! A real gem!
RID: 532372
07/03/08 5 4 5 5 We are very glad we got to meet with Dr. Forero-Torres. The Doctor is a very knowledgeable and honest man. He has a wonderful sense of humor and a very comforting "bedside" manner. We are very fortunate to have Doctor Forero-Torres here in Alabama. I am glad to rate this doctor very high.
RID: 160425
27/02/07 4 5 5 Doctor Forero is very well informed about cutting edge cancer treatments. He is very aggressive and an excellent patient advocate. He treats his patients with kindness and respect. I am very glad to have him as my doctor because he never lies and he is gentle.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 35027
07/07/06 4 4 4 A really good docter, who take care and very helpful. Along with medicine also give moral support which is more necessary than just giving medicine.  Respond
RID: 33639
27/06/06 5 5 5 Outstanding doctor who interacts extremely well with patients. Patients are kept very well informed of their situation and condition by very carefully explaining all the circumstances of their condition, their treatment protocol, what they will experience and what the hoped for outcome will be. He is extremely knowledgable and very personable which helps make the patient feel very comfortable and receptive to treatment.
RID: 140
03/03/04 4 5 5 This doctor is so wonderful words can't describe. I actually enjoy my appointments with him at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. It's a joy to see this doctor interact with other patients. He demonstrates such compassion for all.  Respond
* - Rating left by a registered user