Rate Dr. Boris I. Karanfilov

Dr. Boris I. Karanfilov's Ratings

I went to this doctor in 2004 because his practice was named the sinus center or institute. I knew my problem was specifically sinuses. My regular ENT had moved to N.C. The exam was painful. I thought that maybe the instruments were better suited for men or someone with bigger bone structure or maybe I was just extra sensitive to pain due to my sinus condition. I had the impression he hadn't been in practice very long at that time. He guessed that I had a fungal infection in my left facial sinus that he was unable to see into during that exam. I was very sick. He prescribed a liquid medicine that had to be mixed at a compound pharmacy. If I missed a dose,I would feel very sick right away. The fungus was poisoning my body. He did the surgery at an excellent outpatient center near Easton. He removed a black ball of fungus the size of a marble. It was the easiest sinus surgery to recover from that I had ever had. He was an excellent doctor/surgeon. He really knows his stuff.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][838098].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 20, 2013

Dr. Karanfilov is simply the best. Until three years ago, I had seen four other competent ENTs over a 25-year period, but they could never quite find the answer to my problem. I had never gone more than two months without having a sinus infection, and they usually lasted for weeks or months at a time. I had tried every antibiotic made, and I'd had eight sinus surgeries. Finally, Dr. K tried the new procedure that he helped develop, in which they use air to inflate the sinuses. That was almost two years ago. Since then, I've been back to see him only twice, and I've had about four infections. All lasted less than two days. This is a remarkable procedure performed by an remarkable doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][838097].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 8, 2013

Best ENT I've ever been to. Extremely down to earth and explains things very well in laymans terms. My surgery was a success and I couldn't be more grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][838096].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 4, 2012

I have seen 3 other ent docs in the city for my nasal polyps, two operated on me without fixing the problem, the third refered me to Dr. K. After a thourough workup, we ended up doing a complete surgery and fixing the problem. He knows how to explain things, takes the time to explain things and has the most experience of an sinus specialist in the city. You cant go wrong, you will be in good hands!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][838095].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 10, 2012

very professional. excellent surgeon. i didn't realize that i was barely breathing until after my surgery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][838094].votes_count ]]