Rate Dr. George L. Shashoua

Dr. George L. Shashoua's Ratings

very pleased!!! will recommend him to everyone interested in this surgery!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2624297].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 18, 2014

I visited a few other doctors before I met with Dr. Shashoua. Dr. Shashoua instantly made me feel at ease. His knowledge on the subject matter and the time he took to talk with about the surgery helped me decide he would perform my hysterectomy and Sacrocolpopexy. I have never seen or met a doctor more caring a genuine than Dr. Shashoua. I mean he actually smiles while he works and he seems to truly love his job. I am 36 years old and to be completely honest I was extremely emotional when I was told I needed to have major repairs on my body. Dr. Shashoua understood my emotional state and he even took the time to call me to check-in on me and told me that he could repair my body but he couldn’t help come to peace if I wasn’t mentally ready for the surgery he then said that we could postpone or cancel the surgery (which was scheduled the following week) if I wasn’t ready. Well I just had my 12 week post operation appointment and I am very happy I had the surgery and chose a wonderful and caring doctor like Dr. Shashoua.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2597937].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 29, 2014

Love Dr. Shashoua and The Arise Hospital. Dr. Shashoua and his staff are very caring and compassionate. They were available for questions after I returned home and were careful to follow up concerning my recovery.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2571972].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2014

Thank you for listening to, and addressing my medical concerns.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2532418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Dr. George Shashoua ‘s skill in the operating room is matched by the impressiveness of his well-educated and caring staff, specifically Jessica, Sari, Brandy, and Carol. He and they performed tests on me in the office and patiently—kindly—took time to answer my questions and explain exactly what the tests were for. The doctor discussed the results with me and how he would repair the problems using DaVinci robotics at Arise Austin Medical Center. I was calm and confident, to my own surprise, during the day of the surgery. After a day and night at Arise, a nurse and Dr. Shashoua’s P. A. Jessica determined I was ready to go home. Jessica instructed my daughter and me how to manage at home, again being sure we knew what to expect over the next days and telling us how to reach her over the weekend. Healing was smooth, steady, uneventful. Dr. Shashoua had assured me he wouldn’t let me hurt too much. He was true to his word. I was given medicine to take as needed at home but within a few days did not need it and was up and around. These professionals cared about my mental well being as surely as they repaired me physically. Dr. Shashoua made major surgery a positive, easy experience for me— not a scary or difficult one—and I’m grateful.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2525859].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 5, 2014

Dr. Shashoua and his staff are not only 100% deserving of their 5-star rating, they are also the most professional, friendly and attentive medical staff I have ever experienced. Austin is very fortunate to have this excellent medical facility.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2518000].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 29, 2014

Dr. Shashoua and his staff were amazing. I had an appointment for a consultation for a labiaplasty, when I found out that I had "innumerable" uterine fibroids that were causing numbness in my leg and severe anemia. After the consultation, I was scheduled for a hysterectomy, bladder repair, and labiaplasty. This was the best decision I have ever made! The hospital, Arise Austin, was so amazing that I didn't want to leave, but my blood levels rose so much after the surgery that I had to leave the day following the surgery. One week following surgery, I was off prescription pain medications, and I returned to work in the office three weeks following the surgery! Dr. Shashoua and his physician assistant listened to any concerns I had and accommodated my requests 100%. I highly recommed that anyone considering these types of surgery choose Dr. Shashoua!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2514272].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 26, 2014

Dr. Shashoua and his staff were so helpful to me when I was considering pelvic reconstruction surgery. They are very friendly, yet professional. He and his PA answered my questions and addressed my concerns. I never felt hurried or rushed. His office was wonderful in working out things for me financially with the hospital since I was a self-pay patient. My surgery results were better than I expected and I feel 100% better.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2513309].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 25, 2014

Dr. Shashoua and his staff were amazing. Everyone was friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this Doctor and his staff. After surgery and great results, I told him that he was my "favoritist" doctor!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2505664].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2014

The doctor and staff were always very polite and professional. I am glad I chose Dr. Shashoua for my surgery. Almost everything has gotten back to normal. I am still having a few issues, but I could not have asked for a better doctor and staff. My only complaints would be with the surgery facility, itself.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2504777].votes_count ]]