Rate Dr. John Yee

Dr. John Yee's Ratings

Dr. Yee has got to be the most patient, caring DR we have ever met. He explains things in detail and the most important thing is that he does NOT rush or make us feel rushed, he makes sure we understand everything we talked about before he leaves. We felt so safe when he would come around to check on our mom, his opinion was most important to us. He is the only DR i have met (and i have seen many in my life time) that cares for his patients and treats everyone respectfully and actually CARES. A++ for this surgeon.

Submitted April 25, 2014 | flag

Quick to understand very complex problems, to take the appropriate action and to explain his thoughts clearly . Motivates his team superbly.

Submitted Dec. 11, 2013 | flag

I saw John a while back for surgery to treat Achalasia. All i can say is this guy is a rock star. Excellent explanations, caring, takes time with you and very caring. He did a great job on my surgery and changed my life. I would say overall, he is the most impressive health care professional i have ever used.

Submitted Oct. 4, 2013 | flag

Dr Yee is so amazing. He is so caring and compassionate....and you just know he is the best there is. The way he explains things and takes time with people. And his staff are so excellent too. I couldnt be happier! Or more impressed.

Submitted Aug. 12, 2013 | flag

Dr. Yee saved my life over 10 years ago now while he was still at U of M. I'm so thankful for his exceptional care and expertise. I had esophageal cancer. He removed my esophagus stretched my stomach up in its place! Without this, I would not be alive today. He was caring, confident, and professional in all ways. I was very sad to see him leave U of M.

Submitted May 16, 2013 | flag

I have had to have 2 sarcoma surgeries and with both I have found Dr Yee to be a very wonderful caring Doctor. If anyone ever needed surgery I would definitely recommend him. He made my surgeries were done quickly and the follow up has been terrific. His office assistant is very efficient and caring.

Submitted Jan. 9, 2013 | flag

Dr. Yee is not good with post-surgery care. Every appointment I had with him, he made me wait a long time before seeing me. He was not helpful with the enormous amount of pain I had post-surgery.

Submitted Oct. 14, 2012 | flag

I would like to express my feeling about Dr. J. Yee, about his excellent performance and high skilled excellent surgery. I am 80 years old and had cancer in my esophagus. Dr. Yee assured me I was physically fit to undergo chemotherapy and surgery thereafter. Dr. Yee put all the procedures into motion without any delay. He is a real professional man. The operation went well even though there was additional problems in the area of my chest that he took care of at the same time. The operation was performed on me in April, 2.5 years ago. I am healthy again and can work and can eat any type of foods and I now have a normal life. Thank you, thank you for giving me an extended life! Frank

Submitted Oct. 8, 2012 | flag

Absolutely, hands down, saved my life and I felt completely confident at all times in his ability to do so. His kindness, compassion, knowledge and incredible expertise is without fault. I would not hesitate to put my life, or the life of my family in his care. We are so very fortunate to have such a world class surgeon in our city and at the Vancouver General Hospital.

Submitted Aug. 31, 2012 | flag

By far the best doctor I have ever met. He removed a cancer tumor for me and made me feel like it was no big deal. You know you are in the hands of the very best the first time you meet him. Can't say enough great things about Dr.Yee he is in a class above the rest. If you are lucky enough to get Dr.Yee as your surgeon buy a lottery ticket because someone from above really likes you.

Submitted June 15, 2012 | flag