Dr. Helen Y. Kang

Rate Dr. Helen Y. Kang

Dr. Helen Y. Kang's Ratings

I've been seeing Dr. Kang for almost two years for thyroid disease and have been very happy with her. I feel like we have a very good patient-doctor relationship. Since I was diagnosed two years ago, she is the second endo I have seen, and decided to go with her because of her knowledge, professionalism, and sincere caring nature. What I really like and appreciate about Dr. Kang is that she doesn't base my prognosis and current health status on just lab work, but on both lab work and my physical symptoms where some endos may just make medical decisions based purely on labs. My one and only complaint is that her office staff could use more training and learn better communication skills. If you are looking for a good endocrinologist (and they can be hard to find) consider Dr. Kang; she is great!

Submitted Nov. 12, 2013 | flag

I seen a known endocrinologist in Scottsdale and was very dissatisfied. I heard from a very dear friend of mine to go see Dr. Helen Kang. I scheduled my appt and was very pleased with the outcome and she spent more than 15-20 minues with me. After an hour of my apt, I was very satisfied with the plan of treatment. Dr. Kang is awesome and plan on staying with her.

Submitted Oct. 7, 2013 | flag

Dr. Kang really makes you feel that she sincerely cares about your total health care. She has worked with me to resolve several issues and helped minimize the costs of needed medications by finding generic medications that work with the other meds I am taking. She treats patients as a whole person, not just her "specialties." If the problem is out of her area of expertise, she suggests alternatives and researches the best next steps to take. The only negative area is in the management of the office procedures and staff. The recorded messages and prompts are the worst. I requested records to be sent to another Dr.'s office and was assured it would be done. I did not happen. The Dr.'s office called for them, followed the prompts for a physician calling and a recorded message said "call back and dial for scheduling". This is not professional or anyway to run a Dr.'s Office. Also, they have very minimal hours for answering their phones. Not Good!

Submitted July 25, 2013 | flag

To me, she seems like she has a serious lack of knowledge. She didn't even know what PCOS is. I had to explain what it is to her. She never gives straight answers as far as diagnosing because she doesn't know herself. I went to another doctor the day after I saw her and got diagnosed, scheduled a surgery, and I'm all better now. It is true that she likes to sit down with her patients and talk to them. She does like to talk - A LOT. She talked to me for about 45 minutes- about everything under the sun - EXCEPT the thing that I came in for.

Submitted Jan. 27, 2012 | flag

We have been seeing Dr. Kang for a few years. Very knowledgeable and personable. What a wonderful doctor with a bright personality...we love her! Her assistant is great too! Front desk staff has improved over the years but still has a ways to go to be a bit more courteous and pleasant.

Submitted Dec. 15, 2011 | flag

Would love to have stayed with her but could not and would not tolerate the rude staff at the front window. Would like to send her a letter and explain why I demanded my co-pay back but am sure that office staff would make sure the information never got to her. I waited to 2 months for the appointment and frankly will spend my money somwhere else rather than deal with those unprofessional losers ever again. Just wonder how many others feel the same way. to bad the Dr's do not monitor the comments here on this site. Sad all the way around. Make sure you do not make an appointment with this office you will be very sorry if you do.

Submitted May 23, 2011 | flag

Dr. Kang is amazing, extremely knowledgeable and kind. She is upbeat and genuinely cares about her patients. Her office staff on the other hand is horrible to work with. They are rude, condescending, disrespectful and wouldn't know customer service if it bit them on their noses. Scheduling my initial appointment with the Dr. was a struggle. The scheduler tried to convince me that Dr. Kang could not address the issues that I had. I assured her that a Dr. in the endocrinology field could in fact deal with hormone problems. When she finally scheduled the appointment (after I called back more than once), she did so under protest. I have never waited less than 15 minutes to get in to see the Dr., once waiting an hour after my schedule appointment. Your co-pay is required shortly after you arrive. I suppose this keeps patients from leaving under protest or to keep other commitments. I would not recommend seeing the Dr. on a day you have a tight schedule.

Submitted March 25, 2010 | flag

I have been seeing Dr. Kang for 2 years, and I can't say enough about her. She is a fantastic doctor. She is thorough in her explanations, friendly, and kind.

Submitted June 16, 2009 | flag

Dr Kang is a wonderful docotr. She takes her time with you to make sure you understand the course of treatment, asks if you have any questions, and appears genuinely caring. She is very encouraging & never gives the impression that she's in a hurry to rush off to the next patient.

Submitted Aug. 15, 2008 | flag

Wonderful doctor. Really concerned about patient habits and concerns. Probably the longest time I have spent with a doctor. Interested in following up long term...doesn't just prescribe and forget about you.

Submitted April 1, 2008 | flag