Dr. Monika Mannan

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 04/10/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 23 reviews. Dr. Monika Mannan has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Endocrinologist-related: Cushing's syndrome, hyperthyroidism, hypogonadism, metabolic bone disease, diabetes mellitus, pituitary dysfunction, neuroendocrinology, diabetes, pancreas, pituitary gland, ovaries, testes, thyroid, adrenal glands
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

06/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.2
RID: 2504897
18/12/12 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Mannan for over a year - hear staff is extremely helpful and Dr. Mannan takes the time to explain all of my concerns which is a PLUS as most Doctors today treat you like a number instead of a person. Dr. Mannan treat you like a person :) I would highly recommend her to everyone  Respond
RID: 2401574

15/08/12 1 1 1 1
RID: 1844996
04/04/12 5 3 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Mannan for years. Since she has been on the third floor. She is a great Doctor and has always been able to help me control my blood sugars. Over time, she has gotten a much better staff. The old staff could have been friendlier. I love how the newer staff are always so friendly and helpful. The asian girl, I think her name is Shawna or Donna, that answers the phone is always sweet, polite, and gets my concerns across to Dr. Mannan. I've gotten to know the office and feel that I will be coming here for a very long time. The wait is sometimes long, but it doesn't stop Dr. Mannan from spending time with you when it's your turn to answer all your questions.
RID: 1843444

04/04/12 1 1 1 1 RUDE STAFF. LONG WAIT EVERY SINGLE TIME. SENDS A BILL THAT WAS ALREADY BEEN TAKEN CARED FOR. UNPROFESSIONAL STAFF ESPECIALLY THAT SHAUNA THAT SITS WAY ON THE RIGHT. SHE DOES NOT GREET PATIENTS AT ALL WHEN DR MANNAN IS NOT PRESENT BUT PRETENDS SHE IS SMILING AND CHATTING WITH PATIENTS WHEN DR. MANNAN IS IN FRONT. SHE HAS NO MANNERS. THE STAFF ARE NOT KNOWLEDGEABLE AND DR. MANNAN IS ALWAYS LATE.  Respond
RID: 1746655
15/03/12 2 5 3 3 I have had type 1 diabetes for over 25 years and auto-immune thyroid issues as well. The two most important things to me are the doctor's team-mindedness and her knowledge and ability to share that knowledge in an useful manner. Dr. Mannan is authoratative in her manner- she did not make me feel like part of my own healthcare team. She didn't rely on what I had to say, nor did she bother to get to know me. (I'd be seeing her every 3 months if I'd stayed with her). When I talked, she talked over me. She told me things I already knew and didn't (couldn't?) elaborate intelligently on what I didn't. She gave me the impression that she had to be the only one to talk the talk. She did this by talking over me and discrediting what I was saying with her own experiences. She didn't do a thorough review of my thyroid symptoms, and missed a lot of important things (as I learned later when a test result came in that she reported, but didn't address). Her office is messy and cluttered.
RID: 1729877
06/03/12 5 4 4 5 I've been seeing Dr Mannan for some years now and clearly see a major improvement in her practice. The staff and wait times were a real issue before. I stuck with Dr. Manna because of her knowledge and friendliness. I recently had to reschedule an appt. after I had already arrived and waited a while, (never happened before) also due to my own busy schedule, but when I did see her next, she was very apologetic and I was impressed that she even knew (and remembered)about the incident. I'm glad I stayed with her.
RID: 1650481
02/12/11 5 5 5 5 I have been going to Dr. Mannan for the last 6 years (diagnosis: hashimoto thyroiditis). She is the best doctor I have ever seen as an adult. I find her very knowledgeable and i feel that she takes her time to answer all my questions. I cannot say enough good things about her.
Paid (or co-pay): $10
RID: 1641153
22/11/11 1 1 1 3 I had an appointment that I needed to cancel and the answering service wouldn't even pick-up, the phone just rang (this was within the 24 hour cancellation requirement). I finally got through a day later (the day of my appointment)and explained that I could not get through the day before, the receptionist conceded that they were having "problems" with their phone. But they still charged me the $25 late cancellation fee (this is despite my objection and pointing out the impossibility of rescheduling). I have waited as long as 90 minutes in the waiting room and the doctor always seems like she is in a rush to get you out once she finally sees you (probably due to the backed-up waiting room). I no longer see this doctor.
Paid (or co-pay): $40
See Responses
RID: 1538693
15/09/11 5 4 5 5 I have been seeing Dr. Mannan for 1-2 years for Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. She is very thorough, friendly, and knowledgeable. Sometimes the wait is 15 mins or so, but she spends lots of time with you when it is your turn, so I don't mind a brief wait. Her staff is friendly and helpful as well. I highly recommend her for thyroid problems!
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 1533040
08/09/11 5 4 5 5 I visited Dr. Mannan for a thyroid concern and she was very thorough and reassuring. She has great bedside manner and is one of the friendliest doctors I have encountered in a while which is very important to me. She seem very knowledgeable and was not quick to dismiss my concerns. I would definately recommend her!
Insurance: United Healthcare
Paid (or co-pay): $40
RID: 1521891

25/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Mannan looked at my past AIC records and immediately set me on a new path to wellness. I cherish my appointments. She challenged me to set higher goals in healthy living each appointment though I have been with her only a short time. The office staff seems knowledgeable and there's an atmosphere of friendliness. She is highly recommended.  Respond
RID: 1518502
22/08/11 5 5 5 5 Dr. Mannon always looks at the big picture and considers all my medical problems when we are deciding which is the best alternative for me to follow. I have never had any problems and have been seeing her for at least three years.
RID: 1512568
15/08/11 5 5 5 5 I feel very fortunate to have Dr.Mannan as my endocrinologists.I find her very knowledgeable and up on everything. She has been a tremendous help for me in keeping my diabetes under control. I also found her staff to be friendly and efficient.
RID: 1510145
11/08/11 5 3 4 4 Dr. Mannan was my doctor for years. Unfortunately I had to move. I've always respected and appreciated visiting her. She is very informative and gives me the best treatment I think I will ever find. Her staff has been more than friendly and I can always count on them to follow through with my needs.  Respond
RID: 1510136
11/08/11 4 4 4 5 I have to say ive seen a major improvement this year. The staff is very nice and helpful. Dr. Mannan is a very knowledgeable doctor. I will continue to be seeing her for a long time!
RID: 1496669
26/07/11 4 4 4 5 I am a diabetic and have been Dr. Mannan's patient for the past three years. Dr. Mannan spends lots of time listening to my medical problems. She is well versed in her field. The staff is courteous and helpful.
RID: 1462276
11/06/11 2 1 1 2 Her staff left me waiting for over an hour without telling me they never recieved an authorization they told me they were going to get three weeks before when I made the appointment. I thought they should have at least called and told me before I arrived for the appointment. They call me for everything else, They call me and tell me when to come in. Dr.Mannan's bedside manner isn't the greatest she doesn't leave you with time to ask her questions. I am going to use my VA benefits and see a doctor there.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal
RID: 1403690
01/04/11 4 2 3 3 Dr. Mannan kept us waiting for 25 minutes before seeing us. I've been seeing her for a year now and have noticed though she may be knowledgeable, and she has horrible bedside manner. I cannot believe that she has us wait for an appointment to hear our bloodwork results. My presciptions are so hard to get refilled on time. The previous staff she had was horrible. One girl looked as though she was picked out of a trash dumpster and was very rude. The other girl was better but always spoke as if she had an attitude with everyone. The new staff she has are more pleasant and helpful and honestly could have worked for another doctor, so I am rating the staff a 4 now.
RID: 1147111
11/04/10 2 1 2 2 I waited 45 min. over my appointment time and spent 15 min. with the doctor. This was an initial visit; pretty thin.
RID: 1083618
19/01/10 1 1 1 3 On two occasions Dr. Mannan's staff has left disturbing messages on my home answering machine, leading me to believe I'm having a life or death emergency if I don't come in immediately. BOTH times, the "EMERGENCY" was a minor adjustment in medication. Her staff needs to be trained on professionalism and I agree with the previous entry, she has no bedside manor.
RID: 1049616
04/12/09 1 2 3 3 Dr.Mannan's staff is truly awful. Not very helpful at all. Dr. Mannan does not have a great bedside manner, but i do believe she is knowledgeable.
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 874956
30/04/09 1 1 1 1 Dr. Mannan's staff was rude and unprofessional. Dr. Mannan's bedside manner was terrible she did not listen to me and cut me off many times and when I followed up with her she said my lab work came out "normal". This was not true I went to another Endocrinologist and they told me my blood work was not normal and now I am being treated for a serious pituitary condition. I would not recommend her to anyone.
RID: 553623
31/03/08 2 1 3 3 Dr. Mannan kept us waiting in the patients room for over 40 minutes before seeing us. 1 week after diagnosing me, she was on vacation, the doctor's she left on call refused to assist with a prescription problem (though she assured us that because we were new patients with a new diagnosis, she would update her on call doctors about us before she left). And the receptionist was not much help in the doctor's absence. I'm switching doctors for a practice with more than one physician.
Insurance: Medicaid / Medi-Cal