Dr. Matthew A. Parmenter

Grad. Year: 1977

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 17 reviews. Dr. Matthew A. Parmenter has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Podiatrist-related: foot problems, foot surgery, podiatry
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments

09/07/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.2
RID: 3593728
02/11/13 4 5 5 5 I would not still be walking without Dr Parmenter. Several other doctors wanted to remove my foot and he has kept working on it with the help of Dr Stanley and kept me walking.
Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "Matthew" to "Matthew A."

27/08/13 SYSTEM: City changed from "BLOOMINGTON" to "Bedford"
RID: 2757937
09/08/13 1 1 1 2 Kept waiting over an hour and a half while DR and his staff ate a catered lunch from Panara. I walked out as did at least one other patient. whole operation is not about customer service - is about the arrogance that my time is not important. won't reschedule. Look at feedback - not recommended.
RID: 2643434
08/05/13 2 1 3 4 I felt Dr. Parmenter was very knowledgeable; however, he is not at all knowledgeable on how to run an office. They need to completely rework their scheduling program. I thought it was a fluke that I waited almost 1 hour to be taken back and then waited another hour in the exam room, but I heard from 2 others the same thing happened to them. I believe that is par for the course there. I did not go in for anything that required surgery so I cannot speak on that account.
Respond
31/10/12 "Ind. surgeon helps revive horseman's Olympic hopes" - http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/apexchange/2012/...  Respond
RID: 2462283
31/10/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Parmenter is simply the most knowledgeable doctor I have ever talked to,and I've talked to a lot of doctors over the years. Every time I've had the pleasure of seeing the good doctor it has been a very educational experience, even though he must be extremely busy, he takes the time to explain my condition and treatment in detail. It's hard to explain how nice it is to see a doctor that is a leader in his field of medicine and also heavily involved in research of said field. What that means to me is that he doesn't just have to remain current in his field, its that other doctors have to remain current with Dr. Parmenter. In closing, it's impossible to explain in this limited forum my admiration and appreciation of Dr. Parmenter,and the entire staff at Lone Tree medical center. PS Matt is a legitimately nice guy. By Kent Mohler  Respond
RID: 2146136
17/05/12 3 3 4 5 The Doc changed my life. After 15 surgeries on both feet and a 16th scheduled I went to DR. Parmenter in the hopes that he could help me and he did. He told me I didn't need the surgery and there was no reason why I couldn't be able to hike again, run with my labrador and enjoy being alive all with the simple solution of custom shoes. God BLess this good Dr. and I am thrilled that I came upon his path. Thank You Doc....
RID: 1716253
17/02/12 5 5 5 5 My prayers were answered when I was introduced to Dr Matt Parmenter reference to my mother. My mother had got staph in her heel and her regular podiatrist (Which I would NEVER take her to again) was so adamant on AMPUTATION. Dr Parmenter put his arm around my shoulders and assured me that he would be able to help my mother WITHOUT Amputation.(and this indeed was succeeded.) Dr Parmenter is an absolute Angel on Earth. I highly recommend him to anyone that is in need of a podiatrist. (His partner is excellent also). This Dr gives 100% PLUS to his patients! Thanks again Dr Parmenter from the bottom of my heart. (for saving my mothers foot) and thanks to the wonderful Bloomington Wound Center.  Respond
RID: 1541833
20/09/11 3 2 4 5 Dr. Parmenter is a very nice guy. I've been seeing him for about a year. I have only 3 complaints. His staff can be rude. Unless you have an early morning appointment you should expect to wait at least an hour after your appointment time to actually see him. And my last complaint is that even after a year we haven't gotten to the rout cause of my pain. I've had to repeat tests (EMG), done physical therapy, and I've had surgery. Great guy and I have confidence in him, but its getting annoying between the costs, pain and time.  Respond
RID: 1532272
08/09/11 5 4 5 5 My husband would not have either foot today without Dr. Parmenter. After spending an extended time in the VA system with no improvement and talk of amputation we left and starting going to Dr. Parmenter. My husband had Charcot in his right foot and Dr. Parmenter correctly identified the problem with only a physical exam. He treated with a zinc wrap and reduced the swelling that he had been dealing with in only 10 days. My husband had been scheduled for a kidney transplant and the doctors would not do the surgery because they thought he had infection in his bone. Even after Dr. Parmenter treated the problem and they was remarkable improvement they sent him to another specialist at George Town University Hospital in Washington D.C. He looked at the foot and said it was indeed Charcot he okayed the surgery and told us "You have an excellent foot doctor, he knows what he is doing." He is the BEST around. Excellent doctor with a special bed side manner that would be hard to beat.
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 1358359
09/02/11 5 5 5 5 I drive round trip about one and a half hours to see him and it is very much worth the trip. If it was not for him I would probably not be able to work.
RID: 1266850
06/10/10 5 5 5 5 20 years ago, insurance clients told me he was a legend. Several of my clients with diabetes call him a "miracle worker"; he's saved a lot of limbs.6 years ago, I discovered as a patient that everything I'd heard was true. He provides world-class expertise & has a fantastic "bedside manner". First, I tore a tendon length-wise & his expertise allowed me to avoid surgery. Then 5 years ago, I knew he was the perfect surgeon to do the bunion surgery that I'd dreaded having for years. He operated on both feet in one day, & I needed no pain meds after recovery; 3 days later, I went out to dinner using only a cane, which is remarkable. (Being on crutches for weeks is common with other surgeons.)Today my feet are perfectly straight, just as he'd promised! Anyone with foot/ankle problems can do no better than meeting with him. He's compassionate and has expertise that's second to none. He won't mention that he does surgeries all over the globe, or how many patents he has, but I will :)
RID: 1227814
12/08/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Parmenter gave me back my life! After I realized my daily schedule was revolving around my foot pain, I made an appointment with him and he ordered an MRI to confirm his suspicion. I had foot surgery January 2008 and can't believe how much pain I was in now that it was gone. Recently I started to experience some problems in my other foot and made an appointment. I was given an injection and felt better almost instantly. He is extremely compassionate and caring for his patients. His nursing staff is wonderful too! Very highly recommended!
RID: 1222090
04/08/10 3 4 5 5 A very kind,patient and caring man. At once he put me at ease. He found my tendon problem that my reg.Ortho. Dr. couldn't , even w/ an MRI. But Dr.Parmentar found it immediately w/o even seeing the x-rays & MRI first. Trying some physical therapy for now to avoid surgery, so far it is helping. First time in 3 mos. that the pain is easing. I would recommend him to anyone w/feet and ankle trouble.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1205927
12/07/10 5 5 5 5 I was in a car accident as a child (13 years ago) that resulted in my left foot being entirely crushed. Not only did he save my foot, but I remember him to be the kindest and most patient doctor I have ever met. He made an otherwise terrifying experience more bearable because he took the time to talk to me and explain what was happening. I think about him every time I finish a run.  Respond
RID: 988018
15/09/09 5 5 5 5 He was very caring takes his time with you.No long wait to see him .Removed bone spurs two time now. No pain at all now.Staff was very helpful.
RID: 762528
13/01/09 4 5 5 5 I fell 19yrs ago. He has been able to keep me walking and the surgery was a complete sucess. I find him caring and kind. He has always shown me the up most respect and concern for my foot condition. His knowledge is of the highest on matters of unusual conditons of the foot and the repair of bone and problems of the foot. I traveled from Indianapolis in order to be treated by him. He is one of the best.
RID: 616594
18/06/08 4 4 3 3 Many years ago he did some good , though minor, work for me. However, recently he paid no attention to some minor complaints and did not elicit the pain I had when diagnosing my major complaint. He prescribed a gel that he invented himself, though it does have precedents. However, it had no effect on my pain and instead gave me an allergic reaction, even though I am not allergic to anything. When I called about that, his nurse said he would prescribe new medicines, but it seemed she (or he) didn't know much about them, as the instructions I got for one of them were contradicted by the manufacturer and the other was a super high potency steroid, which I didn't trust. I decided to use neither one of these new meds.
RID: 552802
30/03/08 5 5 5 5 He is by far the most respectful and knowledgeable doctor that I have met. He literally saved my leg and is the most skilled surgeon in his area of study.
* - Rating left by a registered user