Dr. Velinda Paranal

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 01/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.2 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 14 reviews. Dr. Velinda Paranal has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 2402752
16/08/12 4 1 1 3 Dr. Paranal was highly recommended by a variety of co-workers. And I'm sure she is wonderful. However, i guess she's known for keeping patients waiting. Wish i had been told that when i made the appointment. After sitting in the waiting room for almost an hour, i inquired about when the doctor would be available. And was told it could be another 45 minutes. For those of you that have jobs, i would NOT recommend Dr. Paranal. I ended up losing half a day and didn't even see the doctor!
RID: 1558579

11/10/11 1 1 1 1 Average Wait time is 50 min even when you have an appointment set up a month in advance. This is the usual practice here. The usual notion at this clinic here is that patient's time is not that important at all. My family has been to Dr paranal atleast 8 times until we've realized the unusual wait times. And above all Dr paranal always makes you feel rushed even after you've waited so long to see her. Terrible experience, she's no longer our primary care physician.
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 1444497
18/05/11 3 2 1 1 Dr. Paranal's policy for first time patients is there has to be something wrong with you or you have to set up a "meet and greet" appointment before getting a physical! Without a physical how do you know if something is wrong with you? In the meantime you waste your time & co-pay money to say hi and shake hands with her? What kind of ridiculous policy is that? I went in for a referral to a specialist and she was rude & hurried. I told her how I injured my ankle, she said, "Smart girl." That is rude and unprofessional. And yet she had time to tell me about when SHE broke her ankle! I asked about her first patient policy and her reason is that so many patients don't have the right insurance that they cancel, wasting her time. And a "meet and greet" isn't a waste of both parties time? If it is that big of a problem for her, then she should have the front desk check patients' insurance before making an appointment. I immediately changed my primary after seeing Dr. Paranal once.
RID: 1260023
27/09/10 5 3 5 5 Dr. Paranal has been my doctor for many years. She is incredibly knowledgeable and very thorough in answering questions and addressing medical issues. I believe this may lead to her running behind most of the time, but frankly, she is well worth the wait. It's good to have a doctor that actually listens to what your symptoms may be and doesn't just try to mask an issue with pills. Go into your appointment knowing that you may not get seen right at your appointment time, but also know that she will not rush you out and leave you with unanswered questions. She is Highly recommended!
RID: 1162690
04/05/10 3 1 1 3 I waited over an hour for my scheduled appointment, and had to reschedule with another Dr. at another time, because there is an obvious disregard for her patients time. An afternoon completely wasted...
RID: 1152875
19/04/10 1 1 1 1 1. Her staff is rude, inconsiderate and prejudice (they hardly look at your face when talking to you) 2. Wait time is over an hour of your scheduled appointment (probably because the front desk allows others to cut in line) 3. Dr. Paranal opens a medical book everytime she prescribes something (not sure if she's being careful or she just doesn't know) 4. Dr. Paranal doesn't let her patients fully respond or ask questions (maybe, she likes to tell people to "STOP" and think about the brain as "FILES") 5. My family was humiliated and treated horribly
RID: 1145719
08/04/10 5 1 1 2 The staff was helpful but I wanted over an hour and Dr. Paranal was rushed and a bit rude when she was asking questions and didnt get a short answer. Bed side manner was really lacking. I wont be going back.
Insurance: Pacificare
RID: 1123394
09/03/10 5 3 5 5 She was very nice and patient. Explained everything and was very professional throughout.
RID: 1077866
13/01/10 4 2 5 5 Dr. Paranal is a very knowledgeable, forward thinking and responsive physician. She has been my regular doctor for approximately 12 years, and she has always been helpful and attentive to my needs. She assisted me with a variety of minor health issues, and was instrumental in my journey to complete bariatric surgery, the results of which have been phenomenal. Dr. Paranal researches new trends in medicine, such as vitamin therapy, and she works hard to ensure that her patients are approved for the care, tests and medications they need. She is also very responsive in providing specialist referrals. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a good family practitioner.
RID: 1026411
04/11/09 5 5 5 5 Dr. Paranal is the best doctor that I have ever been to. She is very knowledgeable, seems to care greatly about my well being, has a special holistic approach to her medical care, and has always made time to see me when I needed to go in. She seems to really enjoy helping her patients. More doctors should be like Dr. Paranal.
RID: 933897
10/07/09 4 1 1 2 Dr. Paranal is more concerned with the logistics of running her practice than the quality of the care she gives her patients. She has a horrible bedside manner. She is condescending, short tempered, and does not like to be asked questions. I feel always rushed when I visit her, like she doesn't have enough time for me to ask questions and talk about my health concerns. I do not think she enjoys being a doctor and she has too many patients to give the quality of care that is necessary. I waited a month for her to call me back and she never did, even after leaving several messages with the receptionist. I will not go back to her ever again.
RID: 662756
12/08/08 4 4 5 5 Dr. Paranal is a truly caring practitioner - she has cared for my family for many years. She has a holistic viewpoint and wants to keep her patients healthy. Always willing to listen and learn from patients - she has never rushed me out the door. Definitely a premier practioner in her field. I wish more doctors would be like Dr. P.
Paid (or co-pay): $25
RID: 661474
09/08/08 5 4 5 5 Dr. Paranal takes time to answer questions and to listen carefully to me. She is a knowledgeable and personable physician.  Respond
RID: 583852
06/05/08 5 4 5 5 Very thorough with diagnosis and very kind in explanations. For a person who doesn't really like to go to the doctor, I don't really mind going to her. She works with treatments you prefer or feel comfortable with, all while delivering excellent medical advice and treatment.
Insurance: Aetna