Dr. Adnan Alghadban

Website:
Practice: Associated Specialists
Hospital: United Hospital Center
Phone:304-623-5711
Med. School:Univ Of Tichreen, Fac Of Med, Lattakia, Syria (Univ Latakia)
Grad. Year: 1996

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 10/07/12    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 3.4 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 16 reviews. Dr. Adnan Alghadban has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurologist-related: nervous system, epilepsy, Alzheimer's disease, dementia, stroke, myasthenia gravis, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's disease, peripheral neuropathy, neuromuscular disorders, sleep disorders
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5353676
17/04/14 3 2 2 3 When doctor has u taking certain med they should order them in a day or two not over two weeks im thinking of finding adoctor who takes care of u n not just out there for the buck....  Respond

04/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' score (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 2.9
RID: 3599215
07/11/13 4 5 5 5 This man saved my life. I had gotten sick with a very rare syndrome called Gillian Barre Syndrome (GBS) and was paralized. He was the only person who had a clue what was wrong with me and admitted me straight into ICU at UHC. I thank God daily for this man and his knowledge. Cause without his help, who knows where I'd be now.  Respond
RID: 3591898
31/10/13 1 1 1 1 AFTER PERSCRIPING MEDICATION TO MY WIFE FOR OVER 2 YEARS(OPIATES) HE HAS DECIDED TO SLANDER MY FAMILIES REPUTATION BY SUGGESTING MY WIFE WAS DRUG SEEKING PATIENT. AFTER A SERIOUS BACK INJURY THE REQUIRED MULTIBLE MRI'S, CD SCANS AND XRAYS ALL OF WHICH WERE ORDERED BY OUR PRIMIARY PHYSICIAN AND A NEORSURGEON THAT COST THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO PERFORM. THIS "DOCTOR" SAID SHE WAS A DRUG SEEKER WITHTOUT EVEN LOOKING INTO HER INJURIES. AND ALL SHE WAS DOING WAS FOLLOWING DR'S ORDERS.  Respond
RID: 2648979
15/05/13 2 1 5 5 front desk staff is ignorant (receptionist), long time waiting 30-1 1/2 hours to get into a room, nursing staff very nice & willing to help. Dr. Adnan Alghadban himself is highly professional & does the proper testing, gives meds & trial & error to see what helps for neuro pain for FM
RID: 2402667
16/08/12 5 5 5 5 My son has intractable pain and we found Dr. Alghadban knowledgeable, kind and caring. We decided to try a procedure at Ruby Memorial in Morgantown that had devastating results. We ended up going to UHC emergency in Bridgeport over the weekend. What he received at UHC triggered another severe reaction. Monday, we called Dr. Alghadban and got in immediately for further evaluation and treatment. Thank God! Dr. Alghadban knew what to administer. He will do everything in his power and area of expertise to help his patients. He explores all avenues. I like his direct, truthful manner of communicating. He takes time to answer all questions. He truly cares about his patients. I highly recommend him.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1660256
13/12/11 3 3 2 2 I PRAY FOR THIS MAN, EVEN THOUGH I DON'T THINK HE BELIEVES IN CHRIST, HE NEEDS OUR PRAYERS ! HE SPENDS NO TIME WITH HIS PATIENTS. HE DOES IF YOU'RE FEELING WELL AND NO COMPLAINS, BUT MAKE A COMPLAINT, AND HE'S OUT IN A HURRY !!! IF YOU COMPLAIN HOW YOU'RE FEELING (REASON WHY YOU'RE THERE TO SEE HIM IN THE 1ST PLACE) HE SPENDS JUST ENOUGH TIME WITH YOU TO GET A PERSCRIPTION WRITTEN & TELL YOU HE'LL SEE YOU BACK IN A COUPLE WEEKS ! (HA...IF YOU CAN UNDERSTAND HIM). HE DIAGNOSED ME AS HAVING MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS (MS). I THOUGHT I COULD TRUST THIS MAN. WHY I STAYED WITH HIM FOR 3 YRS., I DON'T KNOW...BUT I FOUND A NEW DR. IN PARKERSBURG. HE'S ALREADY ORDERED MORE TEST TO BE SURE OF WHAT IT IS THAT I DO HAVE. I HATE THE COSTS, BUT IT'S BETTER TO BE SAFE THAN SORRY. THE MEDS HE PERSCRIBED ME 3 YRS. AGO HAS NOT HELPED ME ONE BIT ! I COMPLAINED EACH TIME I SEEN HIM, BUT IT DID NO GOOD AT ALL !. I PRAY HE QUITS PUTTING OTHERS THRU WHAT HE PUT ME THRU !!
RID: 1638473
18/11/11 2 3 2 2 I have seen Adnan alghadban 1 time came in for like 5 min told him all my systoms and really didnt give me a answer really didn't spend much time did some testing gave me meds without a diagnosed and see u back in 1 month!!! I am not very happy there needs to be more time spent with patients and there needs to be met!! He does have good bed side manners
RID: 1512246

14/08/11 3 1 1 1
Paid (or co-pay): $20
RID: 1232615
19/08/10 5 4 5 5 I've been with him for a little over 6 years. I have cronic migraines. He has always tried to find me an affordable way to solve my pain. Office visits are only $20.00!! And he has also not charged me before! Awesome! He saw me for all 3 of my pregnancies and I breast feed as well. He always knew what was safe for me to take. (I triple checked everything) He is always very nice and personable, even showed me his pictures when he got married! At my next apt we are trying Botox, fingers crossed. He is a wonderful doctor.  Respond
RID: 972576
26/08/09 5 4 5 5 He was the ONLY Nuero in this state that will adknoweldge the affects of Arnold Chairi Malformation!!!! (SAD :( ) He has been instrumental in assisting me in obtaining my SSD. I have 3 specialists for my condition...ACM is the primary diagnosis..the other conditions are attributed to this disease and he is the only one willing to treat the symtpoms. I thinnk he is hysterically funny as well....jokes with me and aks about my family, etc.
RID: 931423
07/07/09 5 3 2 4 I also just received a certified letter today actually stating that he could no longer be my doctor...needless to say...I've already found a new doctor and I am no longer going to need his assistance in dealing with my MS. He was never a very good doctor...always interested in hurrying down the list to the next patient. I actually timed him as to how long he was spending on patient to patient and the time was anywhere from 4-6 mins. per patient. Wait time to see him was 1-1 1/2 hrs! Crazy! I am excited to see what new treatments my new neurologist has in mind..someone that will take time and listen..not hurry you out the door so they can talk to the next patient! I have NO IDEA why he decided not to see me as a patient anymore...maybe because I told him I didn't want to take ALL the medicine he prescribed me...just one pill that would do the trick?! No sleep is going to be lost here...if he doesn't need my business than so be it! I was planning on switching anyways
RID: 877131
04/05/09 2 3 3 4 As a doctor he's great, but I have a sense of humor. I go to his office and joke a little with the staff (nothing outrageous) I got a letter in the mail saying he wasn’t going to see me anymore because I wasn’t taking my medicine. I called him to ask what he was talking about. He said he would help me find a new doctor but he wouldn’t see me anymore, why I asked? The last thing he said to me was to not joke with my new doctors staff. He is an excellent doctor, but I think he needs to be a little more honest with himself and his patience. Joking with the staff is no reason to lose a client over. Diagnoses MS, I think if I do a little kidding with the staff, as opposed to being a creep, they would be happier with it. By the way I still joke with my new Neurologists staff, they don’t get offended. Seems it was only him and his staff. AHHH must be a girlfriend in the staff somewhere!!!
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 815999
05/03/09 5 5 5 5 He is the best Neurologist I have been to. He really tries to help his patients so they don't suffer so much with their pain. I would recommend him to anyone who needs to see a neurologist. I have never seen a doctor so commited to trying to relieve the pain of neropathy. I went to one other neurologist and she did tests that hurt. When doctor Alghadban did the same test I didn't even feel the fist bit of pain. That is the way doctors should be. Take their time and do the tests vary carefully so as not to injur the patient. He also has a great sense of humor.
RID: 723812
17/11/08 4 4 4 4 Took me a way from the additive type drugs used in the past for migraines. He tried several medicines until we found something that has reduced the frequency.
Insurance: United Healthcare