Rate Dr. Timothy Garvey

Dr. Timothy Garvey's Ratings

I meant with Dr. Garvey last year for a check-up. He was about twenty minutes late for the appointment, which I guess is normal for most doctors. He was friendly and knowledgeable during the appointment as well. Fast forward six months...three weeks ago I tried to get in touch with him regarding some concerns with my current prescription. I left a message with the secretary and he never returned my call. I followed up two and half weeks later and was again told he will call me back. After not hearing anything AGAIN I called for the second time in two days only to be told he will call me back again. The staff on the phone was very helpful and told me they were marking my message as high priority. After not hearing back, again, I called for the third time in a week. This time the staff told me that his nurse was giving him the messages, but he was not returning the calls. I will be staying with Northwestern, but I definitely will not be staying with Dr. Garvey.

Submitted June 6, 2014 | flag

He is the best. Respects your time by being on time and has a great bedside manner.

Submitted Oct. 10, 2011 | flag

Dr. Garvey has an excellent bedside manner. Although a bit of a fast talker (in the sense that he can convey a lot of information in a very short amount of time), I never felt rushed or thought he was in an hurry to move on to the next patient. He spent plenty of time answering my questions, and never made me second guess myself about asking questions. He rarely ran late for appointments, and when it did happen was never more than 5 minutes. Generally speaking, the practice itself is a very well-run operation, and the doctors all seemed well-informed and compassionate.

Submitted April 23, 2009 | flag

Exceptional doc. Makes you feel extremely comfortable and his internal exams were close to painless. Great bedside manner. Caring, knowledgeable, friendly. Would recommend to anyone who doesn't mind a male ob/gyn.

Submitted April 17, 2009 | flag

Amazing bedsire manner, very knowledgeable doctor! Highly recommended.

Submitted Feb. 2, 2009 | flag

I highly recommend Dr Garvey - he was my doctor for both of my pregnancies. He always took the time to answer my questions and concerns. Great bedside manner.

Submitted Aug. 13, 2008 | flag

I highly recommend Dr. Garvey for the following reasons: 1)he is part of one of Chicago's top OB/GYN groups, 2) he is very knowlegeable about current clinical guidelines and recommendations and clearly explains the benefits provided by certain screening tests, 3) he has excellent bedside manners and is a very caring physician.

Submitted March 26, 2008 | flag