Dr. Robert F. Steinberg

Foreign Lang: Korean

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 2.7 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 15 reviews. Dr. Robert F. Steinberg has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5465682

10/05/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.3  Respond
RID: 2719144
26/07/13 3 4 5 5 This is an excellent doctor who would ask his patients to consider a supplement rather than a drug with know side effects. Amazing that many people would just as soon have a drug so their insurance will pay for it rather than spend a few dollars to get supplements that are more natural. This doctor is a gentle man with sincere interest in listening to your health issue. He spends plenty of time and goes over all he can with you. They offer services including carotid artery testing, blood testing, consultation on diets. If you read any negativity, I feel it is because the patient would rather go to an expensive doctor who will just will their cabinet with drugs (so the insurance will pay for it!) I have never been to a better physician and would recommend him to friends, neighbors, coworkers and family! My experience with him is 5 Star and talking with others in the waiting room, the general opinion is the same. Other doctors and their families go to him and are very happy!
Insurance: Anthem
RID: 2700125
03/07/13 4 4 5 5 He examined my wife, fully. Very polite Listened , advised, refilled a prescription that we had but ran out of. No sales pitch
Insurance: Tricare
RID: 2614730
11/04/13 5 5 5 5 Dr. Steinberg always listens to my concerns and gives me the best care!
RID: 1687981
16/01/12 1 2 2 3 WHEN I FIRST STARTED TO SEE HIM-HE WAS MORE PLEASANT-NOW THE COMMENTS ON SELLING HIS SUPPLEMENT ARE TRUE- HIS STAFF ARE UNCARRING-EXCEPT IF YOU COME IN WITH PAYMENTS. AND IF YOU'RE LATE-THEY SEND YOU TO A COLLECTION AGENCY. WHICH THIS IS VERY POOR PRACTICE FOR MEDICAL SERVICES.
RID: 1496041
26/07/11 3 3 3 4 He loses focus on what you are seeing him for because he is trying to run all these unnecessary lab tests done at his own office and selling expensive supplements to you.You have to remind him what you are there for or else you get no services.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 1177055
26/05/10 2 1 1 4 I was excited to find a physician who is also knowledgable about homeopathic / nutrition / alternative medicine. Dr. Steinberg is very knowledgable, for sure. But as everyone noted here, he gives a hard sell for his expensive vitamin products. It felt as if he were motivated to sell more than to address my concerns. I felt the imbalance so strong that I changed doctors (to a traditional, non-alternative med doc)and never went back.
RID: 1121307
05/03/10 1 2 1 2 4 or 5 minutes and he's gone. more interested in selling his suppliments than care or concern for patients problem. no follow-up, office disorganized and in chaos. follow ups non-existent, faxes go unanswered, messages lost. 7 years ago he was good, then he changed the way he runs his practice. VERY BAD.
RID: 939580
17/07/09 3 3 2 2 The other reviews of Dr. Steinberg and right on. He is more interested in pushing his homopathic supplements then working with the patient. He is very abrupt when he knows you are not interested in the supplements which are extremely expensive. It is hard to evaluate his expertise, but he really didn't impress me or my wife whom he did not even want to give a pap smear.
RID: 752472
31/12/08 3 1 2 3 Appointments involve long waiting time.Cold, unsmiling, unsympathetic.Rather uncommunicative re conventional medicine,becomes more helpful when suggesting the supplements sold in the office. I often find these supplements elsewhere at lower cost. I would not recommend him.
RID: 474824
02/01/08 4 3 1 1 He spends approximately 5=8 minutes with me. Without looking up from his record sheets, he writes whatever is reported. His response is either "take a test and return in 2 weeks, there is nothing wrong, or do not know anything about it." He has never examined me=never laid a finger on my body. He likes to dispense supplements and schedule patients for testing on which he does not follow up. Even after a blood analysis, he does not comment-bruskly walks out of office after a few minutes.
RID: 438916
04/11/07 3 3 1 3 Dr. Steinberg considers himself a "homopathic" physician. While I believe he is well trained he does push his supplements. If he feels you are interested in buying them he gives you an impression of being concerned. If you decline the supplements he does not "waste" any additional time with you. His manner appears to be be non caring and his communication and people skills are lacking. By the way he really charges full market for his supplements and becomes very angry when you indicate that you would like to purchase them elsewhere.
RID: 414912
19/09/07 1 1 1 1 This was the biggest waste of money and time I have ever spent in my life. I left the office with symptoms that were bothering me enough to take the time off work and try and resolve and I left his office in tears. He did not even offer one word of a solution or hope or any information at all. I wish I could bill him for my time and instead my insurance co. will pay him for services of which I did not receive.
RID: 34176
30/06/06 3 1 1 No I do not want to buy your vitamins. He is the reason why HMO's get such a bad wrap. The only thing that was good about seeing him was that I immediatelt went back to a PPO. He even wrote me a prescription, then I suggested another, he crossed out what he already wrote and rewrote what I suggested on the same form. Definitely stay away.  Respond
RID: 17069
30/11/05 2 2 2 Poor knowledge level, more interested in products he sells  Respond