Rate Dr. Eric M. Genden

Dr. Eric M. Genden's Ratings

I was diagnosed with throat cancer in April.Referred to Dr Eric Genden at Mount Sinai Hospital.he explained everything and answered all mine and my husbands questionsThe robotic procedure would be used I was scared but Knew in my heart I was in good hands. He explainedDepending on the size of tumor,I might have to have constructive surgery in my mouth. And that some skin might need to be taken from my wrist to fill in the hole were tumor was removed. I know this sounds scary, but dr Genden made me feel safe I had my surgery in May and had removal of the tumor in my throat and the lymph nodes on my left side of neck were removed and tested Repair to the palatewas done and removal of excess tissue in the back of the throat to widen the airway was done. The surgery, was a ssuccess.The nurses, the Dr.s, the interns, everyone was so patient and compassionate 6 months later, no cancer present I feel well and am so greatful and blessed.Thank You for giving me my life back. Leslie Pulsonetti

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2077009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 7, 2013

Dr.Genden is the best of the best. My Mother had thyroid cancer and was operated at Albany medical center. They severed her larynx nerve and never completed the surgery. Dr. Genden took my Mother's case and successfully completed the high risk surgery. If the other nerve was damaged, she would not speak and have to breathe via a tracheotomy. He is the best in the business. The whole Mount Sinai experience was first rate and Dr. Genden has a fantastic support team. If you ever need a head and neck surgeon he is the person to go to without reservations. A+++.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2077008].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 1, 2013

Absolute professional. Dr. Genden's staff was also excellent.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2077007].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 2, 2013

Terrific care in by an outstanding clinician. He spent time and informed me of all my surgical options.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2077006].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 13, 2013

I went into the first visit already knowing the basics of what I was diagnosed with. Dr. Genden and I both agreed that we should not rush into surgery, but to watch the size of my neck mass and see if it increased in size. It was eventually suggested that I have surgery. Even though it was the end of the day and he was being called to see a patient in the hospital, he stayed and answered all questions that we had. It was obvious that even though the results of my surgery could vary, he was very knowledgeable and had my best interests in mind. I was expecting to come out of my surgery with some kind of complications, but was surprised to see that I was perfectly normal. I would definitely recommend Dr. Genden to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2077005].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2013

Dr. Gender is an excellent doctor and surgeon. Unfortunately, his staff could use some work. My surgery at Mt Sinai was scheduled for 1:30 pm Due to delays (mistake with patient before me with similar name, Dr. Genden dropping patient surgery to assist with an emergency neurosurgery) I did not hit OR until 7:30 pm. Waited 6 hours for surgery!!! Unacceptable

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2077004].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 30, 2011

Dr. Genden is most definitely the best. He did my hemithyroidectomy 5 years ago. Like other reviewers have mentioned, there is no scar that you can see without looking right at it, and even then you can barely see it. But even more importantly, going into the procedure, I felt completely confident in his abilities. He was recommended so highly by my endocrynologist who said quite correctly that he was 'amazing.' His straight-forward but kind manner is extremely calming, and his intelligence comes across immediately. I had no issues after the surgery, and in fact though I was advised to stay home for two weeks, I felt great after 1 day of resting, and was out and about after that. Also, his staff is the kindest and most helpful around. This is no small reflection on a doctor's character.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2077003].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 10, 2011

Upon finding out I had thyroid cancer before Christmas I was stunned. I had seen three other ENT specialists and booked 2 surgeries with 2 of the 3 drs I saw only to cancel them! When I found Dr. Genden, I was elated! My initial appt was a very long wait, partly my fault as I was late but he stayed and spent alot of time with me! He was very personable, caring, great sense of humor, but most of all, very re-assuring and knowledgable of my issue! I left his office and actually couldn't wait to go to surgery with him! That's how confident I felt with him! I didn't lose my voice, nor did it change to a gruff sounding voice like the other drs said was a good possibility! and believe me, 2 of the 4 drs i saw were from big "well known" hospitals in NY! I would recommend, no ... INSIST you see Dr. Genden. You will be so happy you did! And one more thing, you can barely notice a scar! Thank GOD for Dr. Genden's abilities! Good Luck for those of you who need a thyroid surgeon!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2077002].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 15, 2011

Great doctor. Great surgeon! Very professional, yet caring and thoughtful. Explained things well, answered my questions (I had many after Internet research), was not rushed and gave a great sense of calmness and competance. He performed a partial thryroidectomy and my scar is not noticeable unless you know to look. Recovery was just as he described. In comparison, I interviewed the chief of the equivalent department in another NY hospital, who was likely competent and a good surgeon, but he seeemed to regard me as a body with a medical problem, whereas Dr. Genden treats you like a person. I wish my other doctors were half as good as Dr. Genden.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2077001].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 21, 2010

I can't say enough about Dr. Genden and his staff. My experience with him was phenominal. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and Dr. Genden was my surgeon. What a talented and gifted man. He removed my thyroid and only the tiniest scar was left. It was the first time I ever had surgery and he had put me completely at ease. He made his e-mail available to me in case I had questions. His assistant was also very helpful He put me at ease and explained the whole process to me. I was treated with the utmost care and respect. I could not be more appreciative for all he and his staff has done. Thank you Dr. Genden God Bless You and may you live 100+ years...I would highly recommend his services for any one who has a ear, nose ,or throat condition. He is simply the very BEST....

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2077000].votes_count ]]