Rate Dr. Ira Shafran

Dr. Ira Shafran's Ratings

Prepare to be given a weight and physical consult from the doctor's wife, I've never been so humiliated in a public setting by a healthcare professional. She doesn't even have a medical license! I will not be returning to this office.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2588857].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 22, 2014

THE STAFF IS VERY HELPFUL AND GOES ABOVE AND BEYOND TO HELP HIS PATIENTS.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2467506].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

I saw Dr Shafran for a few years- I have severe crohns and I wanted to become established with him because he is involved with clinic trials (which I never was able to participate in the one I hoped for because I was excluded for FAILING TOO MANY medications!) - he was still a nice man and I followed our treatment plans - I was receiving routing stricture dilations with him and during one he puncutured my colon! - I knew immediately something was wrong when waking from the procedure. He continued to tell me everything was fine -even though he saw my colon was stretched to it's max still with prep inside - he suctioned it out- .. He sent ME HOME to Daytona beach area.. Few hours later I was in so much pain I couldn't speak- 911 was called and by 4 am I was in surgery for removal of the area and now have a colostomy. - for the rest of my life (29 years old) This is my short version if the story - needless to say I never went back. This was 2 years ago in July. Cannot trust him after that

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2467505].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Insensitive and misinformed receptionist causes waste of time and money. I came to this office as a new patient with gastroparesis only to be informed after a 3 week wait that I was an unacceptable patient for the practice, I guess the doctor's areas of expertise is LIMITED.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2160215].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 20, 2014

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Ira Shafran through my 88 year old mother. He began treating her for an unknown disorder and has been relentless in his pursuit of an accurate diagnosis. He never dismissed her because of her age or the complications she presented. His kindness, concern, and compassion have been unwavering in this journey. I cannot express how blessed we feel to have him in our lives. He is truly what God intended when he created physicians.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2160214].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 19, 2013

The BEST drs office I have ever been to. Outstanding customer service, lots of cutting edge studies, extremely knowledgable staff, and compassionate care.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2160213].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 23, 2013

I read these comments and e-mailed the Dr with my symptoms that he treats and this is the blunt e-mail I received. Sorry, please seek advise from another physician. Ira Shafran, MD

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2160212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

Wonderful doctor and staff. Have been fighting UC for years and now I've finally found a doctor and office that will listen and for the first time since diagnosis I feel hopeful. The support and attention is phenomenal.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2160211].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2012

This office is unlike any other office I have ever seen. The staff is wonderful, the dogs are a treat and Dr Shafran is first class. His passion is to cure the disorders known as inflammatory bowel disease to which he devotes his entire career. All have told me of his reputation and experience...and now I know why his office and his expertise are the best anywhere. A true center of excellence..Look forward to getting the long overdue help I need.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2160210].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 14, 2012

The very best doctor I have ever had. He participates in numerous clinical trials and his gastro knowledge is outstanding. He is a 5 star doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2160209].votes_count ]]