Rate Dr. Samir Grover

Dr. Samir Grover's Ratings

Two years ago, I went to Dr. Grover after years of suffering from Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Lactose Intolerance, and suspected Celiac Disease or Gluten Intolerance. I got examined by Dr. Grover who ordered some blood tests to find out if I had Celiac Disease and a colonoscopy to check the state of my colon, since I had an uncle and cousin pass away from colon cancer. Blood tests revealed that I do not suffer from Celiac Disease but I have been left wondering, even to this day, if I am Gluten intolerant, as this was never further investigated. Although he is a very compassionate doctor, he told me that if the Colonoscopy turned up without any issues, I didn't have to worry about having another one done ever again. REALLY?! Well, the examination only turned up that I had a hemorrhoid, which I'm not sure if it was even removed, because this was never clarified, so upon termination of the follow-up appointment, he had no concern of ever seeing me again. Well, my father was recently diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer metastasized to the liver, so really? Should I really never worry about seeing him again??? Especially since I've heard doctors, themselves, state that the disease is genetic. Well, if this doctor is not concerned with my well-being, I suppose I WON'T be seeing him again in future. I'll have someone who is more passionate about his job follow my case.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2550852].votes_count ]]

Submitted Sept. 25, 2014

Yes he is very nice but my case was not handled well. I broke down in his office and desperately needed a referral to speak to someone. I was not coping and more tests were not the answer. Instead of learning to live with my condition and live well - I ended up going through more tests, hospitalizations, c diff colitis and months of sleeping pill abuse. Dr Grover could have saved me but didn't.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][842632].votes_count ]]

Submitted Jan. 12, 2014

Dr. Grover is an amazing doctor. He is a medical genius, but unlike Greg House, he shows genuine compassion. He is also a gentleman and a scholar. His secretary Vivian, is very nice and helpful. Cheers from B-Town!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][842631].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 14, 2012

Dr Grover is a wonderful, caring doctor who has gone to every extent possible to help me with my medical issues. His team, and the nursing staff at St Mike's are the best in the business. I don't have one complaint, or concern on how I was taken care of during my 5 day stay in hospital. Even though I am still having problems, Dr. Grover is continuing to work with me to find out why I have these problems, and I am certain he will continue to help me until I get better. You will never meet a more caring doctor, and medical team. I appreciate everything he has done for me thus far. Troy Collins

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][842630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2012

Dr. Grover is a wonderful doctor and gets to the bottom of of your medical problem. I went from doctor to doctor and specialists; he was able to make a diagnosed - Eosinophilic Esophagitis. I was able to eat again. He has the most caring soothing disposition and really cares about his patients. Very skillful. On the other, hand his assistant is rude & abrupt. Doesn't return calls. I only call when I have an issue & it is an effort. I tried to reschedule an appointment; "can I reschedule the procedure" and her comment was: "if you like???" I am the patient and Dr Grover deals in specialty cases so she should have more empathy and is it not her job? She is not doing me a favour... I was crying when I put down the phone as I had been pretty ill. This is not a way to treat patients. However, I cannot praise Dr. Grover enough and what a skillful doctor. St. Michael's is fortunate to have him on their staff. The reception staff when you see him are fabulous. Just praise for them.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][842629].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 4, 2011

Dr. Grover is excellent and I am very happy that he is my gastroenterologist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][842628].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 17, 2011

I went to see Dr. Grover, only because of his ratings.Dr.Grover, you are a wonderful doctor.All comments are accurate about you.Please talk to your secretary because she told me that you are not taking any new patients. I begged her to take me because of your high ratings but she had refused. I was hurt.She did not mention to me that you have a private clinic too.Thanks to my family Dr.Smith, she got the appointment for me. Your private clinic staff(Keele and Finch)Anesthesiologist and Nurses are very caring.God bless, you all.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][842627].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

Dr. Grover is a wonderful physician. I never feel rushed at my appointments which have always run on time. His secretary, Rayann, is also very pleasant and efficient. He has a very friendly yet professional bed side manner. Dr. Grover has a great sense of humor which I think is important as GI disease can be depressing given the pain and unpleasant side effects. I give Dr.Samir Grover an A+

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][842626].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 5, 2011

Dr Grover is wonderful and compassionate and and excellent diagnostician, he has great communication skills, and above all he listen and explain everything in a very profesional and humane manners

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][842625].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 4, 2011

Dr. Grover is insightful and thoughtful and very kind. He is highly recommended. I am very lucky to have him as my GI specialist, he is not just a wonderful doctor but is a wonderful human being.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][842624].votes_count ]]