Rate Dr. Dhruv B. Pateder

Dr. Dhruv B. Pateder's Ratings

Dr. Pateder was incredible. Such a smart, kind, young doctor. He observed my intense pain, diagnosed it at once as hernia tigon of L5, L4 and S1 squeezing into my spinal canal, and had me on the operating table the next morning. The agony was gone in an instant after a very short operation which left only the smallest incision in my spine. He is wonderful. He even calls after the surgery to see how I am doing. His staff, with the exception of his administrative assistant and some other clerk named Megan, are competent and polite. But My Gosh! Those two previously named assistants...I can't tell if they are stupid or just don't give a damn about about Dr. Pateder's patients, or maybe they just hated me. I almost didn't get my operation because they could not get prior authorization because, "the lady didn't call us back." I had to get the prior auth on my own by calling the insurance and begging. Dr. Pateder should have a staff who know how to get things done. These two are morons.

Submitted Aug. 2, 2014 | flag

I visited Dr. Pateder the week of Dec 30, 2013. I had high hopes and he certainly did NOT disappoint. He very quickly saw a mistake that a previous surgeon made & missed in followup visits....which was causing certain symptoms. Always feeling rushed with other doctors where I couldn't ask many questions and was treated very dismissively; Dr. Pateder answered and encouraged me to ask as many questions as I needed. He even answered questions I didn't even know to ask. Regarding my condition, he quickly ordered on-site x-rays and prescribed an MRI for further confirmation. I'm certain that I will need some type of procedure to correct the previous surgery and to relieve my current symptoms. I'm very confident in Dr. Pateder helping me with my cervical & lumbar stenosis issues! I'll keep you updated!

Submitted Jan. 4, 2014 | flag

Great doctor!!! I have Degenerative Disc Disease and saw Dr. Pateder for the first time about 4 years ago. Contrary to "rushing me into surgery" as another reviewer stated, he actually made me try everything else first (several different pain relievers, physical therapy, injections, etc.) before he would schedule me for surgery (L5/S1 laminectomy and fusion), even after my insurance company had approved me for surgery. He is extremely knowledgeable about the spine, and his follow-up care is fantastic (saw me every day while I was in the hospital, and called me at home after discharge). Degenerative disc disease being what it is, I again needed surgery 2 years later (L4/L5 this time) and I was just as pleased with him and his staff the second time around! I would recommend him to all my friends and family.

Submitted May 10, 2013 | flag

Dr Pateder and his staff could not have been more kind, understanding, sympathetic, helpful, and informative. Two weeks ago, I had two cervical disks replaced and three vertebrae fused. The surgery was very successful! I've still got several months for bones to fuse and heal, but I am so pleased to have my life back. Dr. Pateder did call to check up on me at home 2 days after surgery. His office has always been very prompt and accommodating every time I called with a request.

Submitted Jan. 24, 2013 | flag

This is a genuine appreciation for Dr. Dhruv Patedar who worked with me for healing my spinal fracture. He was thorough , non patronizing, clear, answered all my questions , great recommendations above all everything just worked out for me. It was a big deal for me to consult an orthopedic surgeon however he dealt with my case with clear instructions, positive mindset and open attitude. He is the guy to go to when your back is not acting the way you would want her to.

Submitted Aug. 30, 2012 | flag

Dr. Pateder's ACDF w/Spine Fusion was a complete success. His counsel and description of procedure; follow up; pain management and physical therapy recommendations and overall program were excellent. I'd recommend Dr. Pateder to all of my friends and colleagues. His bedside manner in the office, pre- and post-surgery, hospital and during at-home care were phenonmenal. He's a one-of-a-kind surgeon.

Submitted Aug. 18, 2012 | flag

Dr P is amazing. He spent a lot of time explaining my conditions and discussing my options. He thinks I will get better without surgery. I hope he is right!

Submitted Aug. 13, 2012 | flag

L5-S1 Fusion. After 3 years of chronic lower back pain and multiple doctors that said I had to live with my back pain a friend recommended Dr. Pateder. He knew right away that he could help me. I can now lift all the weights I want, run, play with my kids and enjoy the outdoors. The depression caused from chronic pain is completely gone and I feel completely normal. I paid for every alternative therapy out there too. I have recommended Dr. Pateder to several friends and he has helped them as well. He is a skilled surgeon and I am grateful to him for giving me my life back. Don't let a doctor tell you, you have to live with your back pain.

Submitted May 4, 2012 | flag

After a year and 1/2 of trying everything to relieve my back pain, Dr. Pateder suggested surgery. He thoroughly explained the procedure plus the pros and cons. Basically, I had 1 surgery to fuse 2 vertebrae and another one the next day to insert 5 screws for stability. The pain afterwards was incredible but Dr. Pateder made it tolerable and after 2 weeks, I was mowing the yard and power washing the deck! This guy knows his stuff and gave me a new lease on life! This practice is absolutely the best in northern Virginia...compassionate, passionate and experienced...what more could you want?

Submitted Feb. 19, 2012 | flag

He did a minor back fusion and today I can use my right leg. After the 1st surgery I was discharged from the hospital and to be taken back 10 days later for more surgery After this surgery I had to go to a rehab hospital for 46 days at which time he never called or came to see me. Today I am in constant pain and my life is ruined because of this man. Please seek out another dr.

Submitted Sept. 22, 2011 | flag