Rate Dr. A. Breck McKay

Dr. A. Breck McKay's Ratings

Submitted Dec. 10, 2013 | flag

I have suffered from chronic pain all my life but after a very serious MVA (car and truck) I was left unable to walk Dr Mckay was the 5th doctor I had seen regarding my pain and the first doctor to ever make sence of my injuries he explained what was going on simply and made it easy for me to understand , firstly he sorted out the pain by getting me onto the right medication for my pain secondly he gave me a long term solution a few simple injection's into areas that no other G.P had every looked at I walked out of his surgery for the first time in 5 months and over the next 4-5 days my condition improved dramaticly in ways I cannot describe I had my first full night of rest in 5 months. Dr Mckay is a miricle worker and deserves the name "Back Whisperer" anyone suffering from chronic pain should see him ,today I still drive over 2 hours to see him as I trust no one else to treat me

Submitted Oct. 20, 2013 | flag

Dr McKay has treated my pain since 2003...he is exceptional - patients in this severe chronic pain are educated, each time I learn something new about my chronic severe regional pain. Only when he has exhausted all treatments, then he will say time to see a surgeon. He is hands on. A Doctor cannot assume your pain, he/she must touch those regions to understand the reaction the pain does to the patient. He is amazing, exceptional and his duty of care is above and beyond his Hippocratic Oath. This man not only treats the pain, he educates you, listens to you, understands. For me I would have given up on my this life because my quality of life was zero. The most precious gift he has given me is 'Time' his injections and I get many to manage pain, I have two spinal cord stimulators and last year two total hip replacements...his dedication gives me 'time' to do small things...that keep me positive that I can still achieve small things...and that is priceless.

Submitted July 12, 2013 | flag

Pleasure and relief to get a Doctor who can help significantly with back and shoulder pain. very effective treatment and quick results....

Submitted July 11, 2013 | flag

chronic pain sufferer for over 30 years. Have tried every possible treatment with little or no success. Dr. McKay has provided pain relief that has not been possible from any of these other sources. Not a fix, but makes the pain more bearable and allows me to enjoy my life.

Submitted July 11, 2013 | flag

Amazing, I recommend if you have back ache to visit this doctor

Submitted June 4, 2013 | flag

I had chronic sciatica and could not walk more than 20 metres without assistance. Breck cured it. Yes I mean cured it was over 12 years ago that I saw him and I am still pain free.

Submitted Feb. 19, 2013 | flag

I have been seeing Dr McKay for 6 years and his knowledge and application of knowledge is exceptional. I get great relief from his back & neck injections and for the really bad area he refers me to Dr James fitzgerald for CT scan directed injections which I have annually with enormous relief. If you have a bad back or neck there is no one better. I had a abck operation in 1979 and was told if I worked past 40 years old than count it as a blessing I am now 57 still working with Breck's help.

Submitted Nov. 20, 2012 | flag

Went to see Dr McKay 3 times. He imparts so much knowledge it's hard to keep up. Had his famous back needles, but for me, they didn't work. So he wrote a referral to Dr James FitzGerald for one of his scan-needles, which did the trick. Great to have someone who will happily refer when necessary. Take a book, coz he tends to patients needs, not to the clock. You may be waiting for some time.

Submitted Oct. 24, 2012 | flag

Im a 45yr old woman who felt like an 80yr old from Fybromyalgia and nerve damage from an accident. I have seen countless Dr's with no help other then throwing tablets at me, treatments that didnt work and counselors who didnt help. After visiting Dr McKay and having 1 treatment My life was back on track to normality. 3 visits later and Im no longer sitting in Dr offices asking what can be done. Im off pain medication, off antidepresants, off anti inflammatories, off sleeping tablets etc. Dr Mckay gave me back my life from just a few simple well placed injections. Why my orthopeadic surgeon couldnt do the same I dont know - lazy I guess. Im now back at work, enjoying my life & family again. My old GP rolled his eyes at me when I said I went to see Dr McKay.My response was "Dr Sand's Ive been coming to you for 25yrs and you've resolved nothing,Breck gave me back my life in 1 visit." Les Sands went very quiet.Dr McKay,thank you for having the guts to speak out & write the articles you do.

Submitted Sept. 19, 2012 | flag