Dr. Theodore T. Kim

Grad. Year: 1994

Answers Email: Y
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Profile updated 26/07/13    Submit profile update    Subscribe to profile updates

Rating: 4.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 13 reviews. Dr. Theodore T. Kim has an excellent overall rating on RateMDs.com. smile

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Allergist / Immunologist-related: fever, asthma, hives, allergies, hay fever, food allergy, chemical allergy, insect allergy, drug allergy
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5308815
26/03/14 5 5 5 5 I cannot find another doctor and staff who are so competent, caring and compassionate. Unfailingly polite, I love the fact that when I have to call, I don't get a disembodied recorded voice, but a real person. Every time I have gone in the staff is happy, smiling and make even waiting a pleasurable experience. Dr. Kim is one of the ever rarer old world doctor's who talks, never seems rushed or harried and actually takes the time to explain things. Wish all doctors offices were so nice
Paid (or co-pay): $35
RID: 3616114
22/11/13 4 3 2 2 - Our appointment is 4pm Monday afternoon - The waiting room was crowded, at least 12 people besides us. Not sure how a single doctor handle all these patients at one time, even assuming only half of them are patients. And not surprisingly, the doctor was 20 minutes late (not bad actually) and he was in a rush to get out (bad). What he told us – we already knew – less than 10 minutes “consultation” costs $295?! He does not have much to offer if you don't have questions to ask. Maybe because there are too many patients waiting! - Not sure how the rating on this website so high. We chose this dr because of the high rating. Very disappointed. - Staff is nice. There are videos to watch during the skin test. Helpful to kids.
See Responses
RID: 2500977
14/12/12 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kim and his staff are fabulous. They have been very helpful and accommodating, particularly in emergency situations. I am looking forward to a far less miserable spring!
RID: 2082080
25/04/12 5 4 5 5 I have taken both my children to see Dr. Kim and I find him and his staff very helpful. I have even referred a few of my friends to see him and they were as pleased with him as I was.
RID: 2082065
25/04/12 5 5 5 5 I have gone to this Doctor and get allergy shots there. To the previous poster I think the staff are very helpful and very responsible. I also know that they don't schedule apts. for allergy shot and that we are told to call before we come for allergy shots. The staff and Dr. are very compassionate and competent.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 2052181

19/04/12 1 1 3 3
Paid (or co-pay): $15

RID: 1303053
29/11/10 5 5 5 5 Dr. Kim is great! Explained my allergies to me clearly and non-boringly! I can breathe again!  Respond
RID: 896595
26/05/09 4 5 5 5 Dr. Kim is understanding, patient, thorough, and cares about his patients. I drive from Warrenton to his office in Chantilly because I trust him with the care of my 2 year old daughter.
Insurance: United Healthcare
RID: 877401
04/05/09 5 5 5 5 My son had terrible allergies last spring and after hearing about Dr. Kim from a couple of my neighbors and seeing really good reviews online, I took him to see Dr. Kim. Dr. Kim spent a lot of time during the visit and explained all the pros and cons of allergy shots, which he recommended for my very allergic, 7 yr old son. My son is SOO much better this year and doesn't even cry with the shots, especially since they offer EMLA cream as a local anesthesia. The difference is amazing. Last year, his teachers would come up with excuses to keep him indoors for recess, b/c his symptoms would be so bad afterwards. I refer everyone to Dr. Kim now.
Insurance: CIGNA
RID: 654169
01/08/08 5 5 5 5 Excellent Dr and staff. Dr. Kim took his time with me and answered all my questions. His staff was extremely friendly!!!!! I wish he could be my primary care physician!!!
Insurance: Aetna
RID: 640629
16/07/08 5 5 5 5 I WENT TO DIFFERENT DOCTORS TO HELP MY SON.I CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT THERE WAS NO ANSWER FOR WHAT WAS WRONG WITH HIM.THEN I WAS SENT TO DR. KIM OFFICE BY MY SONS PEDATRICIAN AND DR. KIM DID WONDERS DIAGNOSED THE PROBLEM AS WELL AS TREATED HIM ,I COULDNT ASK FOR A BETTER DOCTOR.  Respond
RID: 622596
23/06/08 5 5 5 5 I visited Dr. Kim for my 10month old son who was suffering from eczema. Dr. Kim's office is very clean, modern and has friendly staff. I don't think they normally see to many pediatric patients, but the staff was very friendly to a screaming baby. Dr. Kim explained things well, took his time w/ us and provided us with an effective remedy for our course of treatment. I noticed all his records and patient intake information was electronic. It was also my first experience where the doctor ACTUALLY reviewed the medical history one by one. Very caring and definitely would recommend for all age range.  Respond
RID: 558093
04/04/08 5 5 5 5 I have asthma and my 3 years old daughter has asthma too, I went to this doctor base on the rating, he is knowledgeable, and very patient with kids , the staff also are very nice and helpful.
Insurance: CIGNA