Rate Dr. Paula Marchetta

Dr. Paula Marchetta's Ratings

I agree with the commenter below. I too became frustrated with her. At one point years ago when she was able to address the issue, things were working nicely. When the situation changed, she looked at me one day (after 4 yrs)like I was a stranger and didn't offer suggestions of where else to go for help. I have gone back to her since (for lack of other options). Looking back, after she got her MBA from GW and certificate in efficient healthcare delivery from HBS, she became less consistent, even rigid; her connection to me as person waned; she often looked and typed into the computer when I was talking to her- sometimes she was prepped for the appointment; at times forgot key details. Her staff had been generally adequate, though a recent addition has an attitude and was abusive over the phone. Over time she has had some helpful suggestions; follow up was not adequate at one juncture and I got into trouble with a drug I was taking and serious trouble with a recommended treatment.

Submitted Jan. 1, 2013 | flag

I've been very frustrated with Dr. Marchetta. Sometimes she can be attentive, returning calls promptly and offering information in a crisis. But I have never waited for her less than an hour, sometimes more, and then it's very frustrating to end up with a cursory 10-minute exam and the feeling that she doesn't really remember my issues. (One problem is that she's not the doctor who diagnosed my condition so has never seen me at my worst--but i have been going to her for years now so you'd think she'd have some sense of it.) We always discuss a few options during my appointments and then she'll suddenly say okay, see you in six months. When I say what about the options we just discussed? she'll say oh just keep on with what you're doing. I finally decided that it's just not worth the time and have switched to someone else. I know she's supposed to be great but I've found her lacking ....

Submitted April 29, 2012 | flag

Dr. Paula Marchetta is an excellent, caring, and knowledgable rheumatologist who really listens to all my concerns very empathetically and professionally. She always takes the time I need and I imagine for others so you may have to wait a bit longer for your scheduled appointment time. Her exams are thorough and her recommendations to other specialists have been very good. Her office staff are just lovely! Overall my experience has been excellent for the many years I have been going to her office. Dr. Marchetta and her staff are Top Notch!

Submitted March 12, 2012 | flag

I have been going to different doctors for the last 5 years with no answers. To me she saved my life the best doctor ever. On top of everything.

Submitted June 21, 2011 | flag

Excellent doctor, caring and very thorough. Returns phone calls and initiates calls to follow-up with test results. Highly recommended.

Submitted June 21, 2011 | flag

Very kind, approachable, helpful. She is knowledgable and takes the time to listen. The office atmosphere is relaxing and her staff is wonderful. I would recommend this doctor to anyone.

Submitted June 5, 2008 | flag