Dr. David A. Wiles

Grad. Year: 1991

Answers Email: Unknown
Online Appt. Scheduling: Unknown
Accepting New Patients:Y

Rating: 2.6 out of 5 (5 is best), based on 9 reviews. Dr. David A. Wiles has a fair overall rating on RateMDs.com. neutral

New! - Questions and answers about this doctor

Neurosurgeon-related: nervous system, cervical and lumbar spine problems, brain tumors, neurovascular problems, peripheral nerve problems, neurological surgery, brain and spinal cord tumors, skull-base surgery, brachytherapy, aneurysm surgery, epilepsy surgery, neurological surgery
The following ratings and comments have not been substantiated by RateMDs.com.
Date Staff Punctual Helpful Knowledge Review Comments
RID: 5428645

27/04/14 SYSTEM: 'birds of a feather' rating (based on Medicare patients-in-common): 3.2  Respond
RID: 5415198
22/04/14 5 5 5 5 I seen Dr. Wiles for the ifuse procedure 1 year ago. I am so very thankful to have found Dr. Wiles. He has made a great deal of difference in my life. I was unable to do things I enjoyed such as hunting, kayaking, fishing, camping , etc. but thanks to Dr. Wiles I am now able to do these things pain free. I did see his PA more than he however, they are very knowledgable and informative.  Respond

20/10/13 SYSTEM: First Name changed from "David" to "David A."
RID: 1793541
24/03/12 5 5 5 5 I have been a patient of Dr Wiles for 4 years and have had great care, answers my questions, and does not rush in and out of the office visit. He also performs lower back surgery on me. I went into the hospital with severe pain and could hardly walk. The day after sugery, I walked down the hall with assistance but had zero pain. I could not believe it! I would urge anyone with back or neck problems, don't wait to long to have surgery. Some like to wait because of fear, but the longer you wait, the worse it can become and the more involved the surgery will be. I also love the staff, esp Steve McLaughlin, P.A. Listens to what you are saying and explains in detail.
RID: 1282879
30/10/10 3 1 1 1 Stay away from this Doctor he screw up my back big time. He did not get any past Med records from My other Doctors who had done surgery years ago as far as lumbar goes. I have other people tell me the same thing as far as a sorry Doctor that he is.
RID: 1200454
02/07/10 1 5 1 1 Dr. Wiles lacks empathy and was very condescending toward me. In 5 minutes or less, based on a 10-month old MRI, he coldly informed me that he could not help me and that my severe pain was psychosomatic. I informed him that my symptoms had become much more severe and debilitating since my last MRI and that another MRI may reveal whether my bulging disc had grown or possibly was now herniated. He told me that it was impossible for a more recent MRI to indicate whether my disc had changed over a 10-month period. He offered no treatment options and informed me that I would have to learn to live with my debilitating pain. He was unwilling to listen to me and abruptly left the exam room.
Insurance: Medicare
RID: 1110459
20/02/10 1 1 1 1 If you want to see a doctor with no bedside manner then this would be him. hurrys you in and out of office and does not care for his patients.
RID: 816256
05/03/09 4 3 5 5 This doctor gave me back my quality of life. I found him extremely professional and caring. He went above and beyond in helping me find answers.He was never pushy or anything but ethical. I would recommend him to friends and family in a heartbeat.
RID: 699769
10/10/08 3 2 1 1 I agree with the other comment. Dr. Wiles preformed 2 spinal/back surgeries on my husband at the age of 26. Several years later, He is now permanantly disabled and in chronic pain with no hope of recovery because of these experiments. After he realized that his experiments didn't work and my husband was still in unbearable pain... he discharged him and said there was nothing else he could do. Do not trust this man to preform surgery on you!!!
RID: 545780
24/03/08 2 2 1 1 Dr wiles lied about my condition & performed a unnecessary surgery.He severly injuried me.Three surgeries to try & salvage what he has done to me.I live in constant horrible pain ,He severely damaged nerves during surgery.Many in this area have been injured severely by him.Article in (east tn medical news)he says he performes surgeries performed no where else in the country ,on his web he says he is a active consultant in spinal industry, device manufactures.He says he has been involved in development of numerous spinal surgery devices and surgical techniques. He goes on to say he is involved in big FDA studies & patients recieve treatments never available in this country,the first to try them.Devices not FDA approved yet. a .So Dr Wiles is performing experimental surgeries using experimental devices. The injury I sustained is horrible & my surgery was not new. Please for your sake do not make the mistake I made .There are good neurosurgeons in my area, Wiles is not one of them.