Rate Dr. Marie K. Boudreaux

Dr. Marie K. Boudreaux's Ratings

Like quite a few of the people here I was labelled a drug seeker, however I am thankful for it. Dr. Boudreaux helped me get far away from a dangerous habit, and though harsh, she said the one thing I needed to hear most. She told me that I would be in pain for the rest of my life, I was in pain sitting there in her office doing nothing, wouldn't I rather be in pain and having a life? And yeah, I would rather. She made me walk around her office whilst sobbing on that first day, and she told me that I would cry. Then she suggested exercise and meditation. She had me walking for four minutes once every day from bedbound. Now I am fully functional and pain medication free. She saved my life. She is definitely tough love which is not the best for everyone, but it was the best for me. I have severe R.A. but now I also have a husband, a drivers license, and a job, which were dreams I never considered before I went to her.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2428936].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Five years ago, I had been on a very high dose of pain meds for many years prior to 2 surgeries; at GHC I was referred for pain medication management and that was OK (not Dr B.) Then, post-surgery, I was referred to Dr Boudreaux to manage the tapering-off process. At about the 75% decrease point, I began to experience mild withdrawal symptoms 24/7. I asked that the dosage be increased enough to alleviate the symptoms, and then the taper be resumed at a slower pace. Deaf to the list of very unpleasant symptoms I presented, she said rather harshly "You have a monkey on your back!" I was labelled as an addict, exhibiting "drug-seeking behavior," and Dr. Boudreaux told my primary care physician to start testing my urine. This damaged the trust between myself and my physician. I feel her attitude is more appropriate to a penal setting, where every patient is assumed to be a dishonest, scheming criminal of some sort.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849763].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

If you are in pain, you'll be in pain forever if you go to Dr.Boudreaux! She never examined me, never asked about my pain & TOTALLY misdiagnosed me. She made me walk around the office, while obviously in excruciating pain, then told me to excercise & meditate. She was rude, condescending & very judgmental. She also is just a bit, well, maybe ready-to-retire is the best way I could put it.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849762].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 12, 2012

This Doctor needs to retire. In a 1-hour visit, Dr. Boudreaux did very little other than reduce the amount of care I was getting, then leave me high and dry with my pain management care. She also made the motions of listening to me, but obviously had made up her mind about me very early on in the appointment. After being condescending & rude throughout the appointment

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849761].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 15, 2012

She is with Group Health in Seattle. After questioning me about where I was born, lived, jobs I had, if I was fired, my family life etc. She never once talked about my pain levels or where or what type of pain I had. I have Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disk Disease, DISH and connective tissue inflammation throughout my spine. I was on chronic opioid therapy and was expecting to either go back on that or given some alternatives. She flat out told me steroid injections don't work (I had some in the past and they kind of worked for a while) I was told that trigger point injections won't work, the Cymbalta I was on was joke, I was not a candidate for opioid therapy anymore and that the only thing that would work was Yoga and Meditation. Then she wanted me to come back one more time to talk some more. No Thank You!! I waited a month for this crap with no pain meds??? Because of her recommendation my PCP will not give me even a Vicodin now. This old lady needs to retire.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849760].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 20, 2011

Asked the same questions at each appointment with no apparent memory of having asked them before. Poor medical knowledge.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][849759].votes_count ]]